Cubs formally joining with Sinclair for tv network

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Bruce Levine
@MLBBruceLevine
The Chicago Cubs and Sinclair broadcasting will announce today the formation of Marquee regional sports network. This will be the exclusive home for all Chicago Cub TV games beginning in Feb 2020.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1095661113524523008?s=19
fa1a44d0334f1f1fca1ac145b31fb97d.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So now that a done deal..

Should we expect a 10 yr 300 mil offer to Harper soon..[emoji4]

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So now that a done deal..

Should we expect a 10 yr 300 mil offer to Harper soon..[emoji4]

No, they still have not decided what the market is, or how much is going out of our cable bill per month to get the network. Seems anyone on cable is basically paying over 7.00 a month for ESPN, where cable subscribers are paying 4.25 for NBCSN. (per the score this morning). So whether its added to plans or separate add ons, they are far from knowing costs. Sure seems like Sinclair is waiting to figure this out until the point of no return.

Sure sounds like it is going to be expensive, since it sounds like the majority of liberals are not going to put money in sinclairs pockets.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Make it available ala carte to those of us out of town.

I will buy the Marquee Sports Network, and drop MLB if cost is better.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
the end of free baseball from Chicago.

Any word yet on details of the deal from a financial perspective?

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
great choice by the cubs. expect constant flaming by local media snowflakes

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the end of free baseball from Chicago.

Any word yet on details of the deal from a financial perspective?

Depends. If you rely solely on OTA, DISH or a cable provider...you could be correct to a certain extent. But they will have to stream it to run the games on the net and if it's streamed, you can get the games for free. It won't be the great quality of say Xfinity but it will be very watchable. Plus there will always be free games, probably not 162 but a decent amount.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Depends. If you rely solely on OTA, DISH or a cable provider...you could be correct to a certain extent. But they will have to stream it to run the games on the net and if it's streamed, you can get the games for free. It won't be the great quality of say Xfinity but it will be very watchable. Plus there will always be free games, probably not 162 but a decent amount.

Perhaps five or six games a year for free for the Cubs. That's kinda sad.

I'm not talking about stealing a stream. :rolleyes: :)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Okay, but where's Harper?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps five or six games a year for free for the Cubs. That's kinda sad.

I'm not talking about stealing a stream. :rolleyes: :)

Brett, it's not stealing anything. The streams are out there and not encrypted, so its like logging onto any website. It's not unlawful to watch any stream....if you download the stream, that's a different story. I have an Android Box that I bought at Amazon, btw and the first thing I watched, I downloaded. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. Within a couple hours Xfinity made sure I knew was breaking the law with a threatening email....I've not done it since and have watched 100's of TV shows and movies without a problem. Cubs baseball will be no different.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Brett, it's not stealing anything. The streams are out there and not encrypted, so its like logging onto any website. It's not unlawful to watch any stream....if you download the stream, that's a different story. I have an Android Box that I bought at Amazon, btw and the first thing I watched, I downloaded. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. Within a couple hours Xfinity made sure I knew was breaking the law with a threatening email....I've not done it since and have watched 100's of TV shows and movies without a problem. Cubs baseball will be no different.

Sorry, I do not agree. Let's see how close I can get...Any transmission or reproduction with out the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I saw one article about this being a regional sports network, so that implies that out of state fans will not have it available to them, unless they went the PS4 or apple google roku tv route. There are so many ways they can get this to people, just wonder how that MLB network money all teams share plays into it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry, I do not agree. Let's see how close I can get...Any transmission or reproduction with out the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.

Jesus, I don't plan on transmitting or reproducing any games....that would require downloading them which would be Illegal. Watching them is not. Technically, if anyone DVR's a game...you are breaking that rule which is why I don't think they say that anymore.

You really need to brush up on technology.

Goose22

Liked Posts:
Stupid question I am sure, but here goes anyway...If I subscribe to the MLB At Bat app, I will still be able to watch all Cubs games that are not blacked out in my area, correct?