Multi year deal.
Multi million dollars

Great Red Giraffe
Multi year deal
Multi million dollars

Who’s worse... tosses coin

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
And we can cut Glennon at the end of the year with hardly any repercussions. Pace was doing his due diligence by trying to sign a starter and not just relying on Trubisky from the start. He missed. The Cutler contract saddled us with him for years and unable to get rid of him without eating an unnecessary amount of guaranteed salary. The Cutler contract might be one of the worst in NFL history.

Thats bs. cutler only had 3 years garaunteed. Pace also never had to commit to cutler but still kept him. He could have just drafted a qb every year like he said he would but instead waited his third year to draft a qb and and sign the giraffe. The qb situation is on pace. You don't wait till your 3rd year to get a qb if you are a new gm.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jay Cutler
Multi year deal.
Multi million dollars

Great Red Giraffe
Multi year deal
Multi million dollars

Who’s worse... tosses coin

Pace can get out of the Glennon contract after this season but couldn't do that with Cutler for i think 5 of the 7 years.

Who's worse now??

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pace can get out of the Glennon contract after this season but couldn't do that with Cutler for i think 5 of the 7 years.

Who's worse now??

Cutler only had 3 years garaunteed. Pace never had to comit to him. he could have just stashed him on the bench or had the bears eat the money.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thats bs. cutler only had 3 years garaunteed. Pace also never had to commit to cutler but still kept him. He could have just drafted a qb every year like he said he would but instead waited his third year to draft a qb and and sign the giraffe. The qb situation is on pace. You don't wait till your 3rd year to get a qb if you are a new gm.

I do question why he never drafted a QB and my only thought is, at that point he either A. thought Cutler might be able to get it done or B. didn't want to create a QB controversy.

Either way, doesn't make Pace a worse GM then Emery because he was saddled with a shit situation created by the former GM.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that Ryan Pace is close enough in the neighborhood of Phil Emery for this question to be asked says all that needs to be said about the Pacester. If he's not as bad as Emery, he's close enough to be in the discussion. Is that good enough for Bears fans?

It might be hard to acknowledge, but Pace has failed.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I do question why he never drafted a QB and my only thought is, at that point he either A. thought Cutler might be able to get it done or B. didn't want to create a QB controversy.

Either way, doesn't make Pace a worse GM then Emery because he was saddled with a shit situation created by the former GM.

Exactly. he too had false hopes like many bears fans that cutler might do better and he was right for one season with gase.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But he did make attempts to trade up for M.Mariota and C.Wentz but the asking price was too high and when you're in a rebuild the last thing you wanna do is trade a bunch of valuable draft picks.

ping001

Liked Posts:
The fact that Ryan Pace is close enough in the neighborhood of Phil Emery for this question to be asked says all that needs to be said about the Pacester. If he's not as bad as Emery, he's close enough to be in the discussion. Is that good enough for Bears fans?

It might be hard to acknowledge, but Pace has failed.

Shoopster I think he could have picked a bright young coach instead of a conservative retread, but overall I give him a C for draft and the grade goes higher depending on Trubisky which I do like. Eddie Goldman, Floyd, Akiem Hicks, Pernell Mcphee if not injured were pretty good pickups.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Who's worse now??

Says the guy who spent the last 7 years building up industrial strength calluses on his knees swallowing potential Cutler babies...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
But he did make attempts to trade up for M.Mariota and C.Wentz but the asking price was too high and when you're in a rebuild the last thing you wanna do is trade a bunch of valuable draft picks.

You might have a point if he didn't get fleeced by lynch in giving up valuable draft picks he didn't need to get guy that would been there at 3.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's your opinion but that just means you're wrong to.

How do you compare the two when one came in and did what Bears fans have been screaming for for years and do a rebuild and the other spent every but of cap he had in free agency. How do you compare the two?? Please explain?? Two different GM's with two totally different plans

Both hired shitty coaches

Both missed on too many free agents

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
He still shouldn't have been drafted. the bears could have kept marshall and filled another need. He unnecessarily created a need at wr when bears had one of the best corps in the league. Amari cooper was the best wr in the draft. If the bears really needed a wr he should have jumped the raiders to get him. He did that for trubs even though he didnt need too.
I and many other people personally thought White was better than Cooper. White is bigger and he had that explosive Julio Jones like playmaking ability down field. I absolutely loved the pick, too bad it didn't work out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

There is not asking price to high for Carson Wentz.

Being too scared to make a deal for the best young QB in football is not a positive.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Both hired shitty coaches

Both missed on too many free agents

Did Pace hire his coach?? The fans with common sense know the truth so that means WRONGO doesn't have common sense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is not asking price to high for Carson Wentz.

Being too scared to make a deal for the best young QB in football is not a positive.

Oh no don't tell me you're also gonna use hindsight now?? Are you about to act like anyone knew Wentz would be this good cause you do know that would be a lie right?? He tried getting him in the draft not yesterday....SMDH

Good talk guys but gotta go

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You might have a point if he didn't get fleeced by lynch in giving up valuable draft picks he didn't need to get guy that would been there at 3.

We cannot say at this point he got fleeced.

If Trubisky becomes a Franchise QB, he actually fleeced Lynch.

The results so far are not looking great.

But it's waaaaaay too early to say he got fleeced.

What we can say is that if Trubisky was supposed to come in and light this bitch up, it hasn't happened and there is reason to worry.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Did Pace hire his coach?? The fans with common sense know the truth so that means WRONGO doesn't have common sense.

Pace hired Fox.

Black and fucking white.

100% his final call.

If he didn't want him, he would not be here.