Draft a top QB early

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know most won't like me saying this but QB is just that important. To push Mitch, to have a real backup, to give the new staff a option, to work with 2 young guns doubles our chances at the 1 position that will make or break Pace and the new staff. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. It's time to overinvest at one position. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We don't know for sure Trubs is the man and even if he is, one injury could derail that. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. This is a QB league and only a QB can right this ship. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B. Go ahead and rail on me about all our other needs but you and I know that no other position but QB will change this franchise's direction.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, Pace just used the #3 overall pick, two 3rd round picks, and a 4th round pick on a QB. And he burned $18 mil of Virginia’s money on another QB.

The Bears have no wide receivers and the offensive line is falling apart. You do realize that only 1 QB can play at a time, right?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I agree. It's not ridiculous to draft a qb if he is bpa. It's like when the bears also signed glennon while drafting a qb. If Mtich is good you can trade the qb but if he is bad you have a fall back option. Pace should draft a qb every year like he said he would. The packers drafted a lot of qbs when they had farve.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm fine with drafting another QB but no way do i do it any earlier then the 4th round. As has been talked about on here, the Bears need to get some play makers on this team and we could get two with our 1st and 2nd round picks and we don't have a 3rd this year so no way do i use our 1st or 2nd on one. Even if we did do a trade down in the 1st and got a 3rd from it i still wouldn't use that 3rd on a QB.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Well if could is the key word then Trubs could break a arm or flame out. What then? Sancheese to the rescue. We need a second young QB to be groomed under a offensive minded HC. Lets take advantage of bringing in a QB whisperer. All I'm saying is a QB and only a QB will fix this team. Every other position is secondary.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well if could is the key word then Trubs could break a arm or flame out. What then? Sancheese to the rescue. We need a second young QB to be groomed under a offensive minded HC. Lets take advantage of bringing in a QB whisperer. All I'm saying is a QB and only a QB will fix this team. Every other position is secondary.

Pace will be fired and a new GM and coach will want to pick their own guy.

If Trubisky does not work out then this regime is gone.

They need to do everything in their power to make sure Trubisky is a star and that would be investing around him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While Trubisky is so green and up in the air, I agree that it would be nice to have a contingency plan, but I don't trust Pace to draft one. His two major QB decisions so far ($18m on Glennon, and passing on Watson) don't instill much of my trust in his ability to evaluate the position.

He should be left to sink or swim with Trubisky. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then he's 0 for 2 and I want a new GM drafting the next QB.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
More then a backup?? really tell the Redskins that. Tell me who is gonna throw to the wr when Mitch gets hurt. Pace's job is to make the Bears better and having a second QB is good insurance. I get building around Trubs and I think that is what will happen but that can be done and a second promising QB to boot. If we land a offensive minded HC-OC then grooming a second guy would be using the new staff fully and correctly. If my job was on the line then having 2 shots to get it right would be my priority. We have a whole draft and FA to work with. Both can be done. Very few QBs play 16 games a year.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If the bears have a high draft pick and decided to trade down to get more picks, then sure draft a qb in 2nd or 3rd round. I’m only saying it if they have extra picks. Otherwise the Bears need receiving, oline l, and olb help.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I agree with most, no QB early, it would undermine Trubs confidence, Fox is already done enough damage.

No earlier than the 3rd round if at all.

I'm ok with Sanchez as the Back-up next year.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?

Actually yes they will because along with better coaching they will make the most important guy on our offense, who we just drafted this year, better.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
And if the most important guy gets hurt or flops? I look at the Redskins as why I don't want all my eggs in one basket.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If things were to stay as they are what value would you be able to get for a number 5 pick?

And if Rosen and Darnold both go in the first four picks does that significantly devalue the fifth pick next year??

Appreciate there's a long way to go and we could be picking anywhere from third to tenth depending on the last few games.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Look I'm not saying use our first pick but get a mid round QB to back up Trubs. If the new staff is based on who can develop a young QB then it makes sense to get a second young QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look I'm not saying use our first pick but get a mid round QB to back up Trubs. If the new staff is based on who can develop a young QB then it makes sense to get a second young QB.

Your thread title says draft a QB early. This post says mid round. Make up your mind...