2017-18 Bulls Season All Purpose Game Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Zach LaVine signs a $35 million endorsement deal with Adidas

After receiving strong interest from several footwear brands, Chicago Bulls guard Zach LaVine has agreed to terms with Adidas on a four-year endorsement deal that could be worth as much as $35 million, industry sources told ESPN on Thursday.

LaVine, 22, has yet to play this season as he recovers from a torn left ACL suffered in February but hopes to be the future face of both the Bulls franchise and the Adidas brand.

"I was looking for a partner that would grow with me as my career continues to unfold," LaVine said to ESPN. "Adidas convinced me that I have a chance to legitimately become a face of the brand."

The former 13th pick of the 2014 draft had worn Nike throughout his first three seasons in the league, with Nike retaining a "match clause" over any potential offer sheet from a competing brand this fall. After reviewing the offer this week, Nike officially waived the clause, according to sources, finalizing LaVine's agreement with Adidas.

Adidas currently features James Harden, Damian Lillard and Derrick Rose as guards with a signature sneaker, and Kristaps Porzingis and Joel Embiid serving as cornerstones at the center position. With Minnesota Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins' Adidas contract set to expire next fall, amid some internal uncertainty of his long-term marketing potential, and emerging players like Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown and Kelly Oubre Jr.. still developing, there's an open lane for a wing scorer to step in and elevate their profile with the brand.

The deal is also structured in a way to reward LaVine, a two-time Slam Dunk Contest champion who averaged 18.9 points last season with the Timberwolves, should he break out as an All-Star level player once he returns from the injury.

"It's a different contract than anything we've done recently," a brand source said.

Once Zach LaVine eventually suits up for the Bulls, he'll do so wearing Adidas sneakers. AP Photo/G-Jun Yam
By locking in the lucrative four-year deal now, negotiated by Nima Namakian of BDA Sports, LaVine is also set to enter sneaker free agency again at age 26, just as he's entering the prime of his career and the Bulls have also potentially improved as a rebuilding team.

"Adidas made a strong commitment, coupled with significant upside and flexibility," Namakian said. "Equally as important, their vision and belief in Zach becoming an icon athlete and foundational figure of the brand over time really resonated with him."

The deal continues Adidas' shift in its strategy of signing NBA players. With its official league partnership expiring earlier this year and no longer manufacturing uniforms for all 30 NBA teams, the brand will focus on younger players with All-Star level potential, versus signing a sea of players simply for sheer visibility.

LaVine said he was drawn to Adidas for its "brand presence already in Chicago" -- former Bull and MVP Derrick Rose has a deal with the brand -- and a focus on its lifestyle line.

"The direction the company is going in from a branding perspective has been impressive," LaVine said. "In recent years, they've been innovative and creative with both their marketing strategies and products. The way they positioned themselves and explained to me that I'd lead their next wave of players was huge."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21269175/chicago-bulls-guard-zach-lavine-signs-adidas

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And fuck. The east is so bad, the Bulls have no shot at worst record.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They'll trade enough at the deadline to keep that #1.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gonna be an interesting race to the bottom. The Hawks look absymal.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That was a funny fourth quarter. Even the Raptors were confused, but they just needed the Bulls to start chucking deep and the comeback died LOL

Iceman2385

Liked Posts:
I'm really excited about Dunn. I know everyone loves lauri (I do too) and has high hopes for Lavine, but Dunn has a legitimate chance to be the best player of the 3. His defense is legit, he's scary good on that side of the ball. On offense he has the ability to create a shot for himself and others. He just has to learn to be a slightly above average shooter limit turnovers to be an overall really solid point guard. Dunns form as a shooter doesn't look as bad as I expected, I'm confident his shooting will improve w experience.

If Lavine returns from his injury w/out loosing a step, the Bulls may have really won that Butler trade.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Zach LaVine cleared for contact​
As expected, Bulls guard Zach LaVine received clearance Monday to take full contact in practice after visiting the Los Angeles-based surgeon who repaired his torn left ACL in February.

When LaVine will play his first game hasn’t been determined. But the centerpiece acquisition in the Jimmy Butler trade said last week in Oklahoma City he’s targeting mid- to late December.

“As long as I’m progressing and doing what I need to do on the court, this thing can go fast and I can be out there playing with the guys,” LaVine told reporters in Los Angeles.

The Bulls held an atypically late — and light — Monday afternoon practice at UCLA, where LaVine played for one season before entering the NBA draft. They did so to allow LaVine to visit Dr. Neal ElAttrache in the morning and then join the afternoon workout. ElAttrache is the team physician for the Dodgers and Rams and a consultant to the Lakers, Kings and Ducks.

“It feels good mentally to be cleared,” LaVine told reporters. “My jumping and athleticism are good. (Bulls) training staff told (ElAttrache) that.

“All my strength numbers are there. We reiterated how I progressed (from a) muscular (standpoint). Physically, I’m more than capable (of) playing.”

Coach Fred Hoiberg said the plan is for LaVine to try to do a little more each day, focusing on two-on-two initially for contact. Hoiberg said there will be some mental hurdles as well.

“When you see him playing without hesitation, that will be an indication he’s ready,” Hoiberg told reporters. “Just to watch him move and run gets you excited. You can do a lot of things with that athleticism.”

DPHW_VhX4AEmDAh.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Zipser starting to get back into a groove. Been MIA all season.

And w00t, lost. Still worst record in the league (where we need to be).

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any word when Mr Lavine is ready for contact?

Edit : Im an idiot and didn't read before I posted. Please disregard.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Surely we have a lock on worst record so far...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This Portis/Mirotic rivalry is fun to watch.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2BFLPYpl-d8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFLPYpl-d8&t=31s[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
lol, 4 win streak

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Niko was crap when we needed him, now hes a superstar when we don't.