Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope that's correct.
Just to clarify..The 2 and done is my opinion, not scouts. He's a really focused young man. I wouldn't bet against him having a big off season of training and gaining the physicality mentioned in the article.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just to clarify..The 2 and done is my opinion, not scouts. He's a really focused young man. I wouldn't bet against him having a big off season of training and gaining the physicality mentioned in the article.

Regardless, its still a positive for the program if he goes pro after 1 season. When's the last time an illini player was discussed in the draft? Meyers Leonard?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Regardless, its still a positive for the program if he goes pro after 1 season. When's the last time an illini player was discussed in the draft? Meyers Leonard?
It would be, but it isn't going to happen. As for other Illini, BP3 or Malcolm Hill perhaps being discussed for potential Rd 2, but certainly not as Fr/So, so I tend to agree that Leonard would have been the last one in memory.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this team continues playing well and stays together, what can they be next season? Sweet 16?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think that's reasonable. Anything else is playing with house money.

If this team sticks together, which probably won't happen, and the exponential rate that they have been progressing the last month, they could make a much deeper run next season.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If this team sticks together, which probably won't happen, and the exponential rate that they have been progressing the last month, they could make a much deeper run next season.
This team is going to stick together. Outside of DeLarosa and Jordan graduating, who is going to move on to somewhere else? Kipper? Kane?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This team is going to stick together. Outside of DeLarosa and Jordan graduating, who is going to move on to somewhere else? Kipper? Kane?

As much as I want you to be right, I'm not convinced that Ayo stays. Not because he's ready but because agents can give bad advice.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cuonzo has always been able to recruit talent, but has done jack shit with said talent.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

It's laughable that you don't even acknowledge the possibility of Ayo going to the NBA.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wisconsin is the kind of team that Underwood's style has trouble against. On the road. If they win this one it will be the biggest win of the year imo.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;gx6TBrfCW54]http://youtu.be/gx6TBrfCW54[/video]

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wisconsin is the kind of team that Underwood's style has trouble against. On the road. If they win this one it will be the biggest win of the year imo.

also coming off 2 losses and have had a week off with no other games to get ready for Illinois. I don't expect a win, but if Illinois wins it, I expect them to run the table.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Illinois beat the spread. The 3 headed monster of Giorgi, Trent and Ayo had off nights. Griffin proved himself once again. They'll win some more games here down the stretch, but they cant be missing shots at the rim. Part of that is strength. Freshmen against experienced Big Ten players.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Disappointing that we didn't take advantage of what was a winnable game, but the defensive effort put us in that position, and overall a pretty good effort. Poor shooting did us in, but that was a tie ball game under 3 minutes.

No, I am not looking for, or claiming, moral victories. But a loss on the road to #22 doesn't mean there were no positives.

Happ has double digits in 47 of the last 49 games. The two he missed were this year's game vs Illinois.