Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm curious if the Patriots exposed how to beat him. We will find out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Did the Patriots expose him or their Defense that's been exposed all season long?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No he's not. I think his football intellect is very underestimated by most and it's that 1 thing that tends to keep the top QBs at the top.

No, I'm not underestimating his his football IQ. I said he will drop off a cliff next season, not for the rest of his career.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Did the Patriots expose him or their Defense that's been exposed all season long?

Probably a little of both. The fact that they put up 24 points in the 4th quarter says a lot about what the Pats D accomplished early.

In the first game of the year they went into halftime down 24-9 I think the D did alright to keep them in it in the second half of that game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Difficult to say someone was exposed when they hang 31 on you in the second half. Obviously struggled in the 1st half but seemingly figured it out by the 2nd half.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think Mitch is a leader in the mold of Jonathan Toews. He has the same vanilla personality but he’s an incredibly hard worker that is respected by everyone in the locker room. Like Toews, he’s not the most talented guy on the team but he’s more than good enough at his position to help win a championship.

When I look at Mitch, I think Toews. Both were probably over drafted too. The guy drafted right after Toews has over 100 more career points but drafting is an inexact science.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.

If Pace drafts Mahomes, Fox and Inman are both still here. Eff that...

Khalil Mack isn’t here and Roquan Smith is probably drafted before the Bears pick. Again... Eff that.

Getting Nagy was the real win for this franchise. He could be here for the next 25 years.

Having the best QB in the league doesn’t win you 6 Superbowls. (Right Rodgers?) Having the best coach does. And that’s what I’m hoping we got in Nagy here in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Mitch turns into a franchise QB, Pace's move and pick were a success. The rest is noise.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.

jay cutler 2.0?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Pace drafts Mahomes, Fox and Inman are both still here. Eff that...

Khalil Mack isn’t here and Roquan Smith is probably drafted before the Bears pick. Again... Eff that.

Getting Nagy was the real win for this franchise. He could be here for the next 25 years.

Having the best QB in the league doesn’t win you 6 Superbowls. (Right Rodgers?) Having the best coach does. And that’s what I’m hoping we got in Nagy here in the coming years.

What an odd thing to see. It is obvious that the WR corps would have been addressed no matter what. It is also odd to just magically assume Mahomes would have somehow saved Fox's job as Pace would still likely have the desire for a O coach to groom the young QB.

jay cutler 2.0?

Only on a Bears message board can fans try and find reasons to justify not take a dude with 50 TDs. LMFAO!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Only on a Bears message board can fans try and find reasons to justify not take a dude with 50 TDs. LMFAO!

you think he would of had 50TD under Fox and loggins very predictable playcalling? with no WR? LMFAO

the point your missing is the great Mahomes would never of been the Great Mahomes being thrust into our shit show..

Shit show + gunslinger = Cutler 2.0

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone here expect anything different this season?

I expected Watson > Mahomes > Trubisky

Trubisky was never going to come in and be better in the short term. All we can do is hope he becomes what Pace originally saw in him.

But dont let the "facts" get in the way of the troll fest.

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Mahomes' production will drop slightly next year but the kid is damn good. I was one of those that wanted Jamal Adams in 2017 but Mahomes was the QB I wanted.

Having said that I'm still happy with Mitch so far and only expect him to get better. What are we going to call this thread next month?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you think he would of had 50TD under Fox and loggins very predictable playcalling? with no WR? LMFAO

the point your missing is the great Mahomes would never of been the Great Mahomes being thrust into our shit show..

Shit show + gunslinger = Cutler 2.0

Not what I am saying at all. I am saying this dumb hypothetical is a poor attempt by Bears fans to rationalize us passing on a guy that put up 50 TDs this year. If Mahomes had sucked this year then this debate would not exist. Ya'll only coming up with this dumb shit because he had 50 TDs. That is the point.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not seeing the similarities. That thread is an opinion piece. This thread is about the facts.

About fact eh? Last time I checked, Watson sucked in the wildcard round and probably played the worst game of his career. Trubisky had a mediocre game but showed at the end that he could put us in a place to win. His second half was good. Those are facts...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an odd thing to see. It is obvious that the WR corps would have been addressed no matter what. It is also odd to just magically assume Mahomes would have somehow saved Fox's job as Pace would still likely have the desire for a O coach to groom the young QB.

Why is it odd? If Mahomes squeaks out a 9-7 season with Fox, how can you magically assume Fox would be still be fired? Maybe he just brings in a new OC like DeFillipo?

Or does it just have to fit a narrative you prefer, to be plausible?

For the record, I wanted Mahomes very early in the draft process.

Also for the record, I think you can easily win a Super Bowl with any of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdaddybear

Liked Posts:
To this date and statistically yes both have been better but they didn’t have John Fox retarding their development either. I expect him surpass Watson this upcoming season and be pretty close to Mahomes.