Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I criticized the staff when blatantly were not prepared for a situation to call a play and wasting a timeout and momentum. I am quite certain they would criticize themselves for that as well. You are outright calling Nagy terrible at time management and siting a specific example which many including myself do not agree with you, nor does Nagy after the fact as well.

Several examples were cited and people already agreed. It was just Didshe that is disputing the Eagles game so not sure where you get many from. You are the second. I have more examples of people agreeing than you have of them disagreeing. You simply chose to disregard them because you disagree.

What is odd is you already acknowledged that these plays are ALWAY QUESTIONABLE yet if you are going to call people stupid for questioning them then they aren't really QUESTIONABLE then. So which is it?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nothing like posting op-ed pieces to support your opinion...

Nothing like claiming "Most coaches" agree with you and then providing zero evidence of that fact.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not sure what you are talking about. The Eagles after the 3rd down play have first and goal and thus only have 4 more plays and you have 3 timeouts. So you stop the clock precisely because you know they can only let the clock run for one play without you being able to call timeout.

In the above game, the Steelers are up 7 not 5 and the Pats never get 1st and goal. It would be stupid to waste timeouts when the Pats can still get a first down without it being first and goal.

The reason why the Bears should have called TO is because the Eagles only had 4 plays left. Duh!

Not necessarily. There can be a defensive penalty which would reset the downs. Also, if they call all their timeouts , they could be left in a vulnerable situation where they are pinned deep and there is enough time for the Eagles to get the ball back again (meaning you had to stop them on 2 different series). We already went over this. The Eagles actually made a mistake by wasting their own timeout after their incompletion. If not for that, they still might not have been able to run the clock down all the way if they failed on 4th down. Like I said, you have to look at both situations of the Eagles scoring and not scoring.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Several examples were cited and people already agreed. It was just Didshe that is disputing the Eagles game so not sure where you get many from. You are the second. I have more examples of people agreeing than you have of them disagreeing. You simply chose to disregard them because you disagree.

What is odd is you already acknowledged that these plays are ALWAY QUESTIONABLE yet if you are going to call people stupid for questioning them then they aren't really QUESTIONABLE then. So which is it?

I called no one names at all. You said fans disagreed with Nagy before his plan did or didn't work out. And I responded with dumb fans, meaning those yelling shit emotionally out during the game.

You will not find an example anywhere of me calling anybody here names.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

And I got to listen to angry Bears fans call in to 670 and 1000 for a couple days after the game and almost no one was using that as a talking point. I might have heard someone question not calling TO there once. Do not try and pretend like the majority here think that was a bad decision.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nothing like claiming "Most coaches" agree with you and then providing zero evidence of that fact.

Where does it state that?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. There can be a defensive penalty which would reset the downs. Also, if they call all their timeouts , they could be left in a vulnerable situation where they are pinned deep and there is enough time for the Eagles to get the ball back again (meaning you had to stop them on 2 different series). We already went over this. The Eagles actually made a mistake by wasting their own timeout after their incompletion. If not for that, they still might not have been able to run the clock down all the way if they failed on 4th down. Like I said, you have to look at both situations of the Eagles scoring and not scoring.

Yes there can which still bears no resemblance to the Pitt vs Pats game.

The Eagles would be able to get the ball back regardless if you failed to get a 1st down if they failed on 4th.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Doug Pedersen...one of the worst clock management coaches of all time

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I called no one names at all. You said fans disagreed with Nagy before his plan did or didn't work out. And I responded with dumb fans, meaning those yelling shit emotionally out during the game.

You will not find an example anywhere of me calling anybody here names.

But how do you know if they were being emotional? You are inferring things to suit your narrative. Perhaps you are being emotional in defending Nagy because you like him.

And I got to listen to angry Bears fans call in to 670 and 1000 for a couple days after the game and almost no one was using that as a talking point. I might have heard someone question not calling TO there once. Do not try and pretend like the majority here think that was a bad decision.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...CARD-WEEKEND-—Foles-magic-dies-edition/page62

I said several examples which I provided. It is truly odd for you to chastise me for providing evidence of the several people I noted while then claiming "most coaches" agree with you without a shred of evidence. Please show me your support for the "most coaches" claim.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But how do you know if they were being emotional? You are inferring things to suit your narrative. Perhaps you are being emotional in defending Nagy because you like him.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...CARD-WEEKEND-—Foles-magic-dies-edition/page62

I said several examples which I provided. It is truly odd for you to chastise me for providing evidence of the several people I noted while then claiming "most coaches" agree with you without a shred of evidence. Please show me your support for the "most coaches" claim.

I have things I like and dislike about Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have things I like and dislike about Nagy.

As do I and others. Like for example, him blowing 40 seconds at the end of the the Eagles game. Given how questionable these decisions are, it is entirely fair for some to dislike that move.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
As do I and others. Like for example, him blowing 40 seconds at the end of the the Eagles game. Given how questionable these decisions are, it is entirely fair for some to dislike that move.

You're the extreme then?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Why did you link me to page 62 of the game thread? It looks like the end of the 1st half based on the replies. Like what is your deal?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why did you link me to page 62 of the game thread? It looks like the end of the 1st half based on the replies. Like what is your deal?

Nope that is the page right after the 3rd down conversion. Unless your settings are different. My game thread is only 69 pages so that is 62 out of 69.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nope that is the page right after the 3rd down conversion. Unless your settings are different. My game thread is only 69 pages so that is 62 out of 69.

Mine is 112 pages.

It's pointless though. I have contributed in the game threads though. There are always people that spew all sorts of garbage there. It represents less than 1% of this board, let alone all of Bears and NFL fans who might have had an opinion on Nagy's time management at the end of the game.

I never expected him to call TO there because watching the NFL I know coaches typically don't that early when having a lead above 3 points. I was just hoping he would call it every time they ran the ball after that because I wanted it to be above 1 minute.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mine is 112 pages.

It's pointless though. I have contributed in the game threads though. There are always people that spew all sorts of garbage there. It represents less than 1% of this board, let alone all of Bears and NFL fans who might have had an opinion on Nagy's time management at the end of the game.

I never expected him to call TO there because watching the NFL I know coaches typically don't that early when having a lead above 3 points. I was just hoping he would call it every time they ran the ball after that because I wanted it to be above 1 minute.

I think you better off saying it is your opinion instead of invoking what NFL coaches do when you don't have evidence of that.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think you better off saying it is your opinion instead of invoking what NFL coaches do when you don't have evidence of that.

Ok, can you find an example of a coach calling TO with 1:45 left on the clock up by 5 points or more in the 4th quarter merely to stop the clock?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, can you find an example of a coach calling TO with 1:45 left on the clock up by 5 points or more in the 4th quarter merely to stop the clock?

It was never my argument that most coaches agreed with me. That was your argument. I told you fans in the game thread and pundits agreed with me and provided evidence.

So you are the one caught out in the middle of the ocean without a life boat. Good luck finding support for your claim regarding most coaches agreeing with you.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It was never my argument that most coaches agreed with me. That was your argument. I told you fans in the game thread and pundits agreed with me and provided evidence.

So you are the one caught out in the middle of the ocean without a life boat. Good luck finding support for your claim regarding most coaches agreeing with you.

For you to be SOOOO UPSET over it, you atleast should be able to recall coaches automatically calling a timeout there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For you to be SOOOO UPSET over it, you atleast should be able to recall coaches automatically calling a timeout there.

No I shouldn't as I never made the claim. Now again where is your evidence that most coaches agree with you? Or will you just admit you overstated your case?