All Things Theo/Ricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Be bold. Tell us who the "some posters" are.

Tell you what -- as soon as you and the rest of your illustrious baseball think tank decide to identify your opinions as opinions instead of passing them off as gospel, I'd gladly oblige.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
More worthless trolling by you.

Don't be mad because you've got the Father, Son and Holy Spirit stylin' on your ass, son. It's okay. I'd imagine having the comprehension skills of a newt must be fairly overwhelming every once in a while. If you'd like, give me your address and I'll send you some baseball coloring books. That might be a bit more your style.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Tell you what -- as soon as you and the rest of your illustrious baseball think tank decide to identify your opinions as opinions instead of passing them off as gospel, I'd gladly oblige.
Whose opinions are gospel?

Don't be mad because you've got the Father, Son and Holy Spirit stylin' on your ass, son. It's okay. I'd imagine having the comprehension skills of a newt must be fairly overwhelming every once in a while. If you'd like, give me your address and I'll send you some baseball coloring books. That might be a bit more your style.
Awesome. Especially since my post was clearly directed at Sparrow.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't fit your agenda though or you were too young to remember.
My agenda is accuracy.

The Cubs farm system slid back when Hendry took over. We've been over this.

Actually my list reads: Rookie of the Year and two time All Star who ranks third in franchise history in K's, An AS and top 3 Cy Young finalist before freak injuries struck, Three time AS and three time top 5 Cy Young finalist while top 10 in team WAR for pitchers and 2nd in franchise history in K's and 8th in franchise history in starts, starter turned into elite LH setup man, and so and so on.
Nah. My list was more accurate. You citing career stats for a shitty franchise is unimpressive.

Actually people have
Who?

And of those trades that supposedly killed off the depth of the system, which one of those prospects ever turned into anything special??
Huh? How is this even a point? Maybe the Hendry "depth" you claim existed wasn't all that great to begin with!

So even the thing you said Hendry was good at..he really wasn't because the players ended up sucking both FOR the Cubs and for other teams.

Dontrelle Willis?? He acheived less than Wood or even Prior who you managed to attempt to minimize their careers to blew up arm and retired.
Willis easily achieved more than Prior.

ROY, lead the NL in wins, won a WS, more career wins etc.

No one has guaranteed anything in this specific thread.
Then who the hell are you talking about/to?

But if you don't think that the general consensus of the Cub fan base and posters on this board is that the farm system will shortly be pumping out All Star after All Star either you are not paying attention or just being your trollish self.
Please cite posters and comments.

Use the search function.

The only one trolling here is you.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, IOW, you readily admit that you got personal. Nice job. I'm sure the mods will do nothing about it either. Ridiculous.

Why would they?

I can get personal all I want if it's not in the forums.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hilarious rather than actuially discussing the issues with posters here and responding to our posts KB shows up nagry and responding to fans outside the forum and posters who don't post here.

Why isn't he over there posting? Or is this that whole Phillip K Dick dimensional thing coming up?

It's getting tiresome having to somehow respond to KB being angry with "people" guaranteeing things even though no one here has.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You clearly can't do anything other than troll and give negative feedback to posters.

What are you talking about? Rory and FT like my posts all the time. You must be doing something wrong.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What are you talking about? Rory and FT like my posts all the time. You must be doing something wrong.
I like your posts. Whether I agree or disagree, they tend to be thoughtful. Rory Sparrow, OTOH, likes to troll, misrepresent posts and isn't interested in discussion. A forum is about community. He isn't interested in community.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like your posts. Whether I agree or disagree, they tend to be thoughtful. Rory Sparrow, OTOH, likes to troll, misrepresent posts and isn't interested in discussion. A forum is about community. He isn't interested in community.

Listen dude, Rory, FT and myself enjoy talking with everyone here. I've disagreed with both of them on TONS of topics -- check the Bears and Bulls forums if you don't believe me. We have mutual respect for each other because if there is a discrepancy in our posts, we attempt to back it up with statistics, articles, quotes, etc. Our beef with people whining about the Cubs is that it's just crying and posturing. If that's how I wanted to spend my time talking about sports, I'll talk to grad scholers. All three of us have said if you don't agree with how the Cubs are building their roster, that's perfectly fine. There are plenty of ways to discuss your feelings and opinions BY SUPPORTING THEM WITH FACTUAL INFORMATION. Spewing out the Cubs' roster over a 10 year period and somehow equating that Jim Hendry had 11 years to build a franchise is the same thing as Theo Epstein having 18 months is just shortsighted.

FT said it best -- all we're asking for is accuracy. Having a different opinion isn't what we question. It's banging your face against the keyboard and assuming, "Opinion is fact."

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Listen dude, Rory, FT and myself enjoy talking with everyone here. I've disagreed with both of them on TONS of topics -- check the Bears and Bulls forums if you don't believe me. We have mutual respect for each other because if there is a discrepancy in our posts, we attempt to back it up with statistics, articles, quotes, etc. Our beef with people whining about the Cubs is that it's just crying and posturing. If that's the case, I'll talk to a seven-year-old about baseball. All three of us have said if you don't agree with how the Cubs are building their roster, that's perfectly fine. There are plenty of ways to discuss your feelings and opinions BY SUPPORTING THEM WITH FACTUAL INFORMATION. Spewing out the Cubs' roster over a 10 year period and somehow equating that Jim Hendry had 11 years to build a franchise is the same thing as Theo Epstein having 18 months is just shortsighted.

FT said it best -- all we're asking for is accuracy. Having a different opinion isn't what we question. It's banging your face against the keyboard and assuming, "Opinion is fact."
That's great. I didn't make that post.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen dude, Rory, FT and myself enjoy talking with everyone here. I've disagreed with both of them on TONS of topics -- check the Bears and Bulls forums if you don't believe me. We have mutual respect for each other because if there is a discrepancy in our posts, we attempt to back it up with statistics, articles, quotes, etc. Our beef with people whining about the Cubs is that it's just crying and posturing. If that's the case, I'll talk to a seven-year-old about baseball. All three of us have said if you don't agree with how the Cubs are building their roster, that's perfectly fine. There are plenty of ways to discuss your feelings and opinions BY SUPPORTING THEM WITH FACTUAL INFORMATION. Spewing out the Cubs' roster over a 10 year period and somehow equating that Jim Hendry had 11 years to build a franchise is the same thing as Theo Epstein having 18 months is just shortsighted.

To go with this I guess I don't get the continued discussion with the way the Cubs are being built. The FO told you the way it was going to be, told everyone what was going to happen and moved forward with it. People can get pissed off at it but at this point what's the point and is it really worth the effort? You're not going to change Rickett's mind, Theo doesn't care about you, and the process is taking place. Comparing Theo 1.5 years in to what Hendry built over 11 years when we haven't seen if Theo will at some point sign some FA's to go along with the farm, use the chips he has gotten in the minors to move on MLB ready talent etc is shortsighted and bitching to bitch. Judging a 5 year process less than two years in seems kind of stupid, no?

Since you(KB etc) can't even articulate an intelligent plan for what or how Theo should be doing instead it's juts bitching and moaning with no real purpose. We all get where you stand. Great. Got it for the 1,00oth time. Anything else? Nope. Find something new to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.