HE GONE! Hawks Harrelson finally retires

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good riddance. His childish antics over a children's game got old a long time ago. It's high time to get the grumpy old people out of baseball. Kudos to the Sox for finding a young yet mature and professional replacement in Jason Benetti. Sox games will finally be tolerable again.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good riddance. His childish antics over a children's game got old a long time ago. It's high time to get the grumpy old people out of baseball. Kudos to the Sox for finding a young yet mature and professional replacement in Jason Benetti. Sox games will finally be tolerable again.
I know, right?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God that moron is gone. What a horrible announcer with nothing to add to a broadcast.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can of corn... he gone. I know a few people that wouldn't watch games because of him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We all know a few, but the majority did like him.

I loved the classiness of the Cubs and their fans today paying tribute the entire 9th inning and then tipping their hats to Hawk after the game.

I will believe he'll be in the Hall of Fame in the next 10 years.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know a few, but the majority did like him.

I loved the classiness of the Cubs and their fans today paying tribute the entire 9th inning and then tipping their hats to Hawk after the game.

I will believe he'll be in the Hall of Fame in the next 10 years.

Doesn't matter but I don't agree. The various times it came up over the years many said they didn't like him, kind of like whenever Joe Buck is doing a game.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter but I don't agree. The various times it came up over the years many said they didn't like him, kind of like whenever Joe Buck is doing a game.

Except a guy like Joe Buck is always on the #1 team. It's like those people that say they hate McDonald's and never eat there yet someone is eating on what a quarter of a trillion times there.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except a guy like Joe Buck is always on the #1 team. It's like those people that say they hate McDonald's and never eat there yet someone is eating on what a quarter of a trillion times there.

Comparing having to listen to Hawk and having to eat at McD's...people do have a choice but for whatever reason will end up doing things anyway. Can't argue that. I've never liked Len Kasper,thought he was a bad choice and could they have gotten a more boring color analyst to go with him?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Comparing having to listen to Hawk and having to eat at McD's...people do have a choice but for whatever reason will end up doing things anyway. Can't argue that. I've never liked Len Kasper, thought he was a bad choice.

My favorite is Pat Hughes in Chicago. Yes, hater of the Cubs, but Hughes is upper echelon to me.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawk was terrible but he did have a passion for the game. I may be a die hard Cubs fan, but I was a White Sox fan at one time. I love Frank Thomas, Tim Raines, Harold Baines. WGN always had a ball game on and not having a baseball team made me just watch as much as I could of them.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawk was terrible but he did have a passion for the game. I may be a die hard Cubs fan, but I was a White Sox fan at one time. I love Frank Thomas, Tim Raines, Harold Baines. WGN always had a ball game on and not having a baseball team made me just watch as much as I could of them.

The winning ugly Sox were a fun team to watch, Black Jack, Bannister, Hoyt, Fisk etc.

I respect Hawk just never cared for his style, he does bleed baseball thru and thru.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're not a diehard fan of a team if you used to root for another team.