The Window

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Red Sox need free agency to remain competitive. Their pitching is quite awful and hitting won't always bail you out. Just see the Cubs.

The Window might have closed on them after this year thanks to the Yankees and Rays making steps forward.

And that says nothing of the Astros or any of the NL teams that are making strides forward.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Red Sox need free agency to remain competitive. Their pitching is quite awful and hitting won't always bail you out. Just see the Cubs.

The Window might have closed on them after this year thanks to the Yankees and Rays making steps forward.

And that says nothing of the Astros or any of the NL teams that are making strides forward.

They could have won 120 games with a little effort. I don't think they are afraid of the super power yankees and their rinky dink stadium. Lets see if they sign Eovaldi or not, a true yankee killer with a grudge.

And they need Free Agency to win? Pretty sure thats in the rules that its ok to have a successful business and an owner that wants to win. You see, when your owner only wants to at a certain cost, adn the team suffers for decades...all the gentrification of Bridgeport in the world can't make the Sox a successful business with cheapy Reinsduff pinching his pennies every chance he gets.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They could have won 120 games with a little effort. I don't think they are afraid of the super power yankees and their rinky dink stadium. Lets see if they sign Eovaldi or not, a true yankee killer with a grudge.

And they need Free Agency to win? Pretty sure thats in the rules that its ok to have a successful business and an owner that wants to win. You see, when your owner only wants to at a certain cost, adn the team suffers for decades...all the gentrification of Bridgeport in the world can't make the Sox a successful business with cheapy Reinsduff pinching his pennies every chance he gets.

Relax Rask.

It means that they have no minor league system to speak of.

OldSoxfan

Liked Posts:
I wish I shared your optimism for the team.
You guys know the Sox better than I do.
I really do want them to become a winning team again.

Don't you think that if they were really serious about becoming contenders
that they would replace Rentoria and Cooper?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Cooper is considered one of the top pitching coaches in the game. It's unlikely that happens

Renteria is debated among everyone at the fan level. If they replace him, it's got to be someone that can relate the the latin player. It's also what makes Abreu a must sign in my eyes.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

You cant even spell the managers name correctly? Come on.

Also LOL at wanting the meatball pitching coach promoted to manager.

OldSoxfan

Liked Posts:
The Sox should hire 2 new coaches and manager IMO ,
men with successful winning teams, if possible.
Who regards Cooper so highly? He is not indispensable.
That they will return next season (probably) suggests to me
that top management is not trying for the team to improve
greatly. From a business standpoint, they make large profits
whether the team is excellent or mediocre or bad. And they will get better
draft choices after the season ends with a worse record.
They will be supposedly rebuilding for years, perhaps.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
rofl at the White Sox getting Machado or Harper. hohohohohohohohohoho....that is why they shouldn't trade premium players because they can't sign them and they are hard to find. .

I'm not saying its a guarantee they'll sign here, but money talk and the Sox have a lot of it to spend.

Not a lot of teams can give Harper or Manny the money they want because of money or positions tied up.

The Sox know they'll have to pay big for one of them, and thats okay if they're smart about it. If Manny wants 10/300M (it'll probably be more, but this is just what I've seen rumoured), give him $50 each of the first 4 years. Then you're only on the hook for 6/100m, which is about $17-16M a year and the way contracts are going up, by year 7 that's probably gonna be a league average price for any player.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The Sox should hire 2 new coaches and manager IMO ,
men with successful winning teams, if possible.
Who regards Cooper so highly? He is not indispensable.
That they will return next season (probably) suggests to me
that top management is not trying for the team to improve
greatly. From a business standpoint, they make large profits
whether the team is excellent or mediocre or bad. And they will get better
draft choices after the season ends with a worse record.
They will be supposedly rebuilding for years, perhaps.

Ricks gotta go, for sure. About halfway through last season, it was pretty clear why the Cubs dumped him. Yes, Joe was available, but I think he would have been axed sooner than later anyway).

Coop is fine, Steverson needs to go for sure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying its a guarantee they'll sign here, but money talk and the Sox have a lot of it to spend.

Not a lot of teams can give Harper or Manny the money they want because of money or positions tied up.

The Sox know they'll have to pay big for one of them, and thats okay if they're smart about it. If Manny wants 10/300M (it'll probably be more, but this is just what I've seen rumoured), give him $50 each of the first 4 years. Then you're only on the hook for 6/100m, which is about $17-16M a year and the way contracts are going up, by year 7 that's probably gonna be a league average price for any player.

you are confusing sox distance from cap with "money to spend"...

Abreu is highest paid sox ever and they will stupidly trade him. They are always "interested" in a name...they never sign. They never offer the most which is what it would take to come