OT: Sources: Eagles expected to franchise, trade Nick Foles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
What a douchey thing to do to the guy. Just release him and let him go to a team of his choosing. By all accounts he is a great guy and great teammate...so why do him dirty like this?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eh. Not sure if this will work. If no one wants to trade the necessary picks for a franchised player, then it'll sink their cap(which is already tight).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What a douchey thing to do to the guy. Just release him and let him go to a team of his choosing. By all accounts he is a great guy and great teammate...so why do him dirty like this?
So hypocritical. If the Bears had him, you would be reaming Pace if he let him walk when he could get multiple high picks for him. And guaranteeing $20.8M for 1 year= douchey? GTFO.

Just looked up his contract, they have an $20M option so they aren't franchising him. He could void it and pay back$2M and then they could franchise him. So he is getting generational wealth next season. Wish someone would screw me like that.

Last edited:

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Warden's doppler outrage is very desperado

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
So hypocritical. If the Bears had him, you would be reaming Pace if he let him walk when he could get multiple high picks for him. And guaranteeing $20.8M for 1 year= douchey? GTFO.

Just looked up his contract, they have an $20M option so they aren't franchising him. He could void it and pay back$2M and then they could franchise him. So he is getting generational wealth next season. Wish someone would screw me like that.

That’s total bullshit, just because it’s a lot of money to you doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get his fair market value, which would be much more than what he’ll be tagged at.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its Nick fucking Foles. Who gives a shit?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My bet is the kid is starting somewhere else next year, and the Eagles should do everything they can to get something for him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not douchey at all. It’s business. If it were the Bears, you’d want them to get something for him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure they can rescind the tag if they don't make a trade.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That’s total bullshit, just because it’s a lot of money to you doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get his fair market value, which would be much more than what he’ll be tagged at.
Any team trading for him will want to have a long term deal in place, so he loses no financial leverage, just his choice of teams, if he doesn't like the deal he can just sit on the bench for $20M and cash in the next season. And anyone suggesting the team should just let him out of his contract is fucking stupid and hypocritical in no particular order.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

You think he’s gonna make more than $20 mil a year on the open market?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You think he’s gonna make more than $20 mil a year on the open market?
Maybe close to that. He's a principled man, Eagles already know he wouldn't do that (take 20 to ride the bench). Plus, he's a good QB at age 30, who's really never had a successful full year. I think he wants to start.

My question is, if they Franchise him, can Eagles except less than the 2 1st Round picks that's supposed to cost? I'd assume so. I read an article saying Eagles would be looking for a 3rd.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.