Appears Packers @ Bears will kick-off the 2019 Season

Toast88

Liked Posts:
At Soldier—Nice!

Golden opportunity to start 1-0 in what could be a tough schedule.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
At Soldier—Nice!

Golden opportunity to start 1-0 in what could be a tough schedule.

Bears got almost every break imaginable with their schedule. For the 10 outside the division they got the NFC East + AFC West + Rams + Saints. You have to play 2 home/road against the other divisions and you get the Rams/Saints in a home/away setting.

Rams/Saints - Obviously would rather play the Saints at home and avoid the Super Dome while getting the Rams in LA, where you're likely to get a favorable Bears crowd to mitigate the road factor.

AFC West - You get the two best teams (Chiefs/Chargers) at home while getting the Raiders on a neutral field in London and the Broncos on the road.

NFC East - Only break they didn't get was getting Eagles on the road instead of the Giants; otherwise got Cowboys (drastically better team) at home and will go to Washington (with some sort of backup with Alex Smith eating up cap on IR).

Maybe the teams are tough but that's as good as you can ask for. Same thing happened this year to be honest. Bears played 5 non-divisional road games this year and those teams are drafting 1 (Cardinals), 2 (49ers), 6 (Giants), 9 (Bills), 13 (Dolphins).

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. Usually features the previous years champs. Just saw an article earlier speculating on the possible match ups for either the Patriots or rams. Even the NFL is acknowledging the Bears were supposed to win the superbowl this year and just going to feature them anyways.

Going to be interesting to see how that plays out.
Actually, more fitting would be the Bears versus the Cardinals seeing that they are the only two charter member teams still in existance.

Just because the Packers celebrated their 100th year in 2018 does not mean that they are the oldest NFL teams. The Packers were basically in the XFL from 1918 to 1920. They joined what is the current NFL in 1921.

Bears don't play Arizona this year though.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Appears Bears could be the Thanksgiving game again this upcoming season:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just saw that. ugh. I prefer the Bears not play on Thanksgiving.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Combine the Centennial Anniversary with the 12 win season by COTY Matt Nagy and you are going to see this team thrust in front of a National Audience as much as possible in 2019.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Combine the Centennial Anniversary with the 12 win season by COTY Matt Nagy and you are going to see this team thrust in front of a National Audience as much as possible in 2019.

Yeah, I imagine they are going to have 5-6 primetime games next year.

baredown

Liked Posts:

Well, maybe the NFL will also schedule the Bears on the Monday night game before Thanksgiving this year, just to make things a little different...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Open the season against the Packers.

Play the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Play the Rams.

Repeat 12-4 season in 2019 confirmed.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Time to put up or shut up!