CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I thought Jeff George looked good a couple of weeks ago but then he threw a pick shortly thereafter.
He's certainly better than Crouch. I'm glad they moved Chayce to TE. It's a good spot for him. It's tough waiting for this team to be competitive in 2019. Right now, it looks like they have some really good Freshmen, but even good Freshman are outmatched in P5. Just too many of them needing to start.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's certainly better than Crouch. I'm glad they moved Chayce to TE. It's a good spot for him. It's tough waiting for this team to be competitive in 2019. Right now, it looks like they have some really good Freshmen, but even good Freshman are outmatched in P5. Just too many of them needing to start.

:aj:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm a troll.
Yes. You certainly are. Freshman class is very good. Physically, they will be expected to be on par with every other team's upper classes, when....wait for it...they are upperclassmen. That's 2019. Further, they have 2 solid dual threat QB coming in next season. 2019 is when both will be Soph and can be expected to be solid.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes. You certainly are. Freshman class is very good. Physically, they will be expected to be on par with every other team's upper classes, when....wait for it...they are upperclassmen. That's 2019. Further, they have 2 solid dual threat QB coming in next season. 2019 is when both will be Soph and can be expected to be solid.

Not sure I understand your logic. Every other team in the country also have underclassman who play and will also be Upperclassman in 2019.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure I understand your logic. Every other team in the country also have underclassman who play and will also be Upperclassman in 2019.
Please name 1 FBS team that starts the number of Freshmen UI does? You can't. IL starts at least 14. The next closest is 4. When this team is old enough, meaning these freshman being juniors, this team will be competitive. Duh.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Please name 1 FBS team that starts the number of Freshmen UI does? You can't. IL starts at least 14. The next closest is 4. When this team is old enough, meaning these freshman being juniors, this team will be competitive. Duh.

Alot of stuff can happen in 2-3 years. Transfers, injuries, kids getting kicked off the team, etc. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you because I don't give one shit about Illinois football.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Alot of stuff can happen in 2-3 years. Transfers, injuries, kids getting kicked off the team, etc. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you because I don't give one shit about Illinois football.
Good, because in 2019 Illinois will kick Hawkeye ass.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Your logic is still flawed. Does UI start that many freshman because they are just that talented, or are they starting that many freshman out of necessity? Are you suggesting that the freshman who are not starting at places like Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska are going to make their teams competitive because they are second or third stringers currently?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Your logic is still flawed. Does UI start that many freshman because they are just that talented, or are they starting that many freshman out of necessity? Are you suggesting that the freshman who are not starting at places like Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska are going to make their teams competitive because they are second or third stringers currently?
Outside of about 3 kids on the bench from the Beckman/Cubit regime, I can't think of the talent being that good. No. My logic isn't flawed. You aren't going to win playing 14 Freshmen with regularity in the B1G, let alone any other P5. Fact. That's why you can see games where the D can hang for a half and the second half turns into a laugher. Freshmen in those large numbers are simply outmatched physically.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Outside of about 3 kids on the bench from the Beckman/Cubit regime, I can't think of the talent being that good. No. My logic isn't flawed. You aren't going to win playing 14 Freshmen with regularity in the B1G, let alone any other P5. Fact. That's why you can see games where the D can hang for a half and the second half turns into a laugher. Freshmen in those large numbers are simply outmatched physically.

I'm not suggesting playing that many freshmen will lead to wins. What I am suggesting is that freshmen on other teams might still be better than UI's freshmen when they become upperclassmen. That is where your logic is flawed.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not suggesting playing that many freshmen will lead to wins. What I am suggesting is that freshmen on other teams might still be better than UI's freshmen when they become upperclassmen. That is where your logic is flawed.
I said they would be competitive. No where did I say they were going to be B1G West kings and win the National Championship. Let's keep things in context. Thanks in advance.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hell, I might go to that game lol. I usually go to 2-3 every year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I said they would be competitive. No where did I say they were going to be B1G West kings and win the National Championship. Let's keep things in context. Thanks in advance.

They may go 0-11, but damnt it'll be a close 0-11!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:aj: