My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's not even close to going to happen but a Benintendi/Schwarber swap would be nearly even despite what folks here might like to think.
What? Maybe you missed the defensive side of this equation. Schwarber is a butcher in LF

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
What? Maybe you missed the defensive side of this equation. Schwarber is a butcher in LF

Actually he is not. He's just below average. WAR includes defensive statistics. He does make some terrible plays and his range is not great but his defensive deficiencies are way overblown. Plus Schwarber's ceiling as a run producer is substantially higher. I love both players and there are pluses and minuses to each.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Benitendi is a negaitve WAR defensive player.. People should hit that google search before posting...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lol..

Why do some of you think what was written in that article suggested Schwarber would be trade piece for Benintendi...

I read it as 2 separate topics by writer..

the cubs have interest in Benintendi...

And

Epstein considering trading a position player and Schwarber could be the guy

I didn't see anything he wrote that suggests a trade for benintendi will cost Schwarber..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If we are trading Schwarber who has similar WAR and either Baez or Happ, then it is Boston who has to sweeten the pot (a top 20 prospect). Starting with Rizzo is downright nonsense.

Bos is not in it for quantity, but quality. I am not saying it would not take a bit more, but Rizzo for Andrew is where it starts. The ceiling for Andrew is so much higher than Kyle or Javy.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Schwarber was -1.6 WAR and Benitendi was -3.9, you're not helping your case. You know that right? Seems to me that Schwarber has better upside.....

I posted it because I thought it was very interesting that dwar for fangraphs has such a big difference. I still think the popular opinion and upside is with Andrew. I know of no one that really talks positively about Kyle outside of Cub nation.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I posted it because I thought it was very interesting that dwar for fangraphs has such a big difference. I still think the popular opinion and upside is with Andrew. I know of no one that really talks positively about Kyle outside of Cub nation.

That's the national opinion and I get that, but his scouting showed him as 65 grade hitter and it's kind of strange how how quickly the national narrative turned on Schwarber not to mention many Cubs fans.. Is he going to be that? Maybe not but I think the kid will be a hell of a hitter, maybe he won't. I like Benintendi too but until they each hit around 1,200 PA I'm not sure who either one is going to be and even then there are variables. As far as bWAR vs fWAR I've been told by people who cover the game that scouts feel that Fangraphs is more accurate and closer to the proprietary systems teams use but what do I know?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Normally I wouldn't want to trade Schwarber for Benitendi, but I would only do so to improve the lineup dynamics of this team. We need hitters that make more contact and Benitendi does that better than most Cubs on this roster. Hitting elite pitching is what makes a great playoff hitting team, and we can't accomplish that with so much swing and miss potential.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Schwarber needs to prove that he was worth the draft pick. He did it for spurts and vs minor league talent but this is the big boys league.

Posting greatness or value means nothing with out data to back it. It belongs with the tooth fairy and Santa

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Schwarber needs to prove that he was worth the draft pick. He did it for spurts and vs minor league talent but this is the big boys league.

Posting greatness or value means nothing with out data to back it. It belongs with the tooth fairy and Santa

Agreed, but he had a very good second half and that's something to build on. Now we'll see.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Normally I wouldn't want to trade Schwarber for Benitendi, but I would only do so to improve the lineup dynamics of this team. We need hitters that make more contact and Benitendi does that better than most Cubs on this roster. Hitting elite pitching is what makes a great playoff hitting team, and we can't accomplish that with so much swing and miss potential.

I might make that move too, tbh. Team construction sometimes take precedent over individual talent.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wrigg was ranked #5 for bombs given up. It is what it is. They play in a launching pad and you have to play that style to succeed.

They are better off getting what they have to start using the whole field vs subtracting a element that works in your home field.

Last thing I want to see is 2 LH contact bats at the corners. I really don’t care if one is a supposed match or not. What I know is power plus BB% works here. A park like KC worked for guys that made contact and sprayed more because that Park repressed HR’s.

When you play 81 games at a place you build to suit it. That is what homefiekd advantage is about. It is not saying that punching a oppy gap doesn’t have value but that falls under situational hitter

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cobb signing with Cubs...
My prediction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I’m thinking that Jed is going into the winter meetings to talk and gauge interest for the most part. He knows it is a weak market and now with the Otani announcement most deals will be back burner. So Jake and Yu will take a back seat to that.

Middle relief is the hot bed spot this year and Jed knows it. It is a area that the team needs to address.

Adding a closer has been from the most part been via trade or internal. I’m not sure if they take the kid gloves here or not. If they feel that they need to invest there is no reason to not sign Wade. If not Minor or Addison makes sense. Making another trade just depletes resources again. I see little value going there.

But all in all I wouldn’t be shocked with a no move meetings and a flow of moves after up til x-mas from that groundwork laid.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Cubs are going to give up a first to sign Cobb? No chance.