Jonathan Toews Contract

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Then how did that save Crawford's career?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

when I commented on the "mystery" reason for Crow being kept out the entire season, I commented to how the hawks let Toews get back into the game, then he suffered another concussion if not 2 when he came back too soon.

If they agree that Toews' head is scrambled and made that the deciding factor on keeping Crow out the entire rest of the year so he can properly heal, it may save Crows career, since everyone sees Toews career as shot.

We will only see if its true when Crow returns to form. There were no other reports of injuries to crawford.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
when I commented on the "mystery" reason for Crow being kept out the entire season, I commented to how the hawks let Toews get back into the game, then he suffered another concussion if not 2 when he came back too soon.

If they agree that Toews' head is scrambled and made that the deciding factor on keeping Crow out the entire rest of the year so he can properly heal, it may save Crows career, since everyone sees Toews career as shot.

We will only see if its true when Crow returns to form. There were no other reports of injuries to crawford.
Honestly, I thought the reason he was out *all* season was less about the severity of his concussion, and more about the fact that by the time he might have been ready to come back the 'hawks were so proper fucked that they might as well let him rest more and heal up--and then let the core suffer for the pants-downer they gave the fans.

Can't prove either, though, but your explanation makes sense. I through you were implying Toews was helping clear Crawford's crease. No on has done that since like...2011.

As for Crawford returning to form, I think there has to be tempered expectations. Crawford was playing a career year this past season. If his numbers are .918-.920 over the year that is his "form", in spite of being about .010 below his play this season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, Delia has the Hawgs undefeated thru the calder cup playoffs and is going to make it a tough decision for the backup this year. I just want crow to play 65% or so of the games, no back to backs and make sure the next backup is not a once a month guy expecting to play well with little ice time.

Anyway, maybe I just hope too much that they are looking out for him after watching the fall of Keith and Toews while both of them sure came back well before the expected time they would be out.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Delia has the Hawgs undefeated thru the calder cup playoffs and is going to make it a tough decision for the backup this year. I just want crow to play 65% or so of the games, no back to backs and make sure the next backup is not a once a month guy expecting to play well with little ice time.

Anyway, maybe I just hope too much that they are looking out for him after watching the fall of Keith and Toews while both of them sure came back well before the expected time they would be out.

Goalies tend to take the longest to develop and age the slowest. Keep in mind Tim Thomas had the best goaltender year *ever* at age 37 and Hašek had the 2nd best when he was 34.

I'm not worried about Crawford's age. Health? Maybe--I'd be less worried if our skaters had the clockweights and pack mentality they did in 2010 and 2013 to actually protect their netminder rather than let them get run.

Delia has some promise, no doubt. I think going into next year there has to be a ton of competition for the backup slot, and if not they're doing it wrong. But just because an AHL goalie has awesome stats it doesn't mean they do well at the NHL level--ditto with backup vs. starter.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Anton Forsberg did the exact same thing a few years ago in the AHL Playoffs that Delia is doing right now. Like KOTL said, goalies take a LONG time to develop. Crawford was well into this 20s before he made the jump.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A few years into his albatross of a contract, how do you think he is performing?

This isn't a troll thread, I'm honestly wondering. If you remember, I pointed out 3 years ago that he just wasn't himself anymore and ended up getting ridiculed and ultimately kicked off of the site for daring to criticize the captain.

Hope everyone is doing well, it's been awhile!

tumblr_oncf1i7azz1vv6yt9o2_500.gif

Grim's back?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Grin back, I dont have to keep sending his messages to the board.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its pretty amazing that its been since 2014 and 2015 that this 10.5 cap hit was supposedly going to be the norm with the top players in hockey and no one is yet to surpass it on average. Yes, shea weber was paid 14 million with a million dollar salary and 13 million dollar bonus one year, but how far off were the hawk brass when they inked these deals. Usually, a year or two its passed.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Its pretty amazing that its been since 2014 and 2015 that this 10.5 cap hit was supposedly going to be the norm with the top players in hockey and no one is yet to surpass it on average. Yes, shea weber was paid 14 million with a million dollar salary and 13 million dollar bonus one year, but how far off were the hawk brass when they inked these deals. Usually, a year or two its passed.

I think that's because the salary cap's growth fell woefully short of expectations. Cap is supposed to take a healthy jump this summer and, if it does a few more times, you'll see some cap hits over 11m.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel (close enough), Anze Kopitar (close enough), & Carey Price all say hi.

Toews and Kane's deals kicked in in 2016. Kopi's kicked in for 2017. McEichel and Price's kick in next year. Stan may have not been able to read the cap increase well, but how often do you have real, true franchise/generational level talent in the league and how often are they inked to new deals?

3 seasons before the top contract is surpassed is not outlandish in any sense of the word--and ditto a single year on a comparable deal within 1M. Who else between McDavid, Eichel, Kopi, and Price could be considered *the* franchise player for their squad with the talent to match due a contract to kick in between 2016 and 2019?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
OK, so since they signed the deal 2 and two almost's made it. The way it was going there should be one per franchise.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK, so since they signed the deal 2 and two almost's made it. The way it was going there should be one per franchise.

...and then there's Pittsburgh with Crosby (who's only less because he's on a recapture), and Malkin.

With Toews and Kane you sign them to those deals every day of the week and thrice on Sunday--especially since Toews didn't begin his downslide yet. The 'hawks could deal with Toews+Kane at their prices even at their current rate of production (and Kane's not too far off).

It's Seabrook who is the money soak.