2014 NBA Draft>>Chicago Bulls

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Since we're officially on the clock, what's our draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

Here's my guess:

Judging from the mocks I've seen, the Bulls will have the 10th overall, and #15 with the Bobcats pick.

10. Aaron Gordon, PF
15. Jahii Carson, PG

With Boozer gone, the Bulls will need depth at PF. I'm hoping they get another 1st rounder somehow to draft a SF as well.

All the mocks have Parker going to Milwaukee, Wiggins to Utah and Randall to Denver.
:umud:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we dont need more PF depth...nikola will be on his way over

Gary Harris @ #10

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
we dont need more PF depth...nikola will be on his way over

Gary Harris @ #10

If the Bulls trade Taj, they will need an NBA ready PF whether Mirotic comes or not. Mirotic, like all Euro players, will need time to get used to the speed and physicality of the NBA.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If the cut Boozer and trade Taij they'll need a new coach too because Thibs can't be as in love with Mirotic as some fans. You people who think they will make a much of deals and have a far younger roster are nuts.

With what they will probably have I would say they draft at least one 2 or 3 in the first and a 5 in the second. Rose comes back and they can keep Augustin and Hinrich. Snell maybe starts at the 2 and Butler at the 3, Dunleavy behind them with Noah maybe Nazr in the middle, Boozer likely returns with Gibson backing them both up. Maybe Mirotic is able to come over who knows.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Since we're officially on the clock, what's are draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

Here's my guess:

Judging from the mocks I've seen, the Bulls will have the 10th overall, and #15 with the Bobcats pick.

10. Aaron Gordon, PF
15. Jahii Carson, PG

With Boozer gone, the Bulls will need depth at PF. I'm hoping they get another 1st rounder somehow to draft a SF as well.

All the mocks have Parker going to Milwaukee, Wiggins to Utah and Randall to Denver.

What I have read on him is that he is still a little raw.

IMO, he has good size for an NBA SF with good athleticism, and could be a good option in the 18-20 range if he can improve his jumper and FT%.

Liked Posts:
Since we're officially on the clock, what's are draft position, and who do we take in the 1st round?

Here's my guess:

10. Aaron Gordon, PF
15. Jahii Carson, PG

Watch him stay at Duke another year to play with Jahlil then

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge Aaron Gordon guy.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
NBAdraft.net has the Bulls taking Jerami Grant from Syracuse at #9 and Aaron Gordon at #19

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS has the Bulls taking Willie Cauley-Stein at #8

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man I need to start watching college basketball now so I can know who the hell all these guys are. Usually I don't pay attention until March.

Liked Posts:
Man I need to start watching college basketball now so I can know who the hell all these guys are. Usually I don't pay attention until March.

I've started following cbb even more closely since November 22

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally am not a fan of Aaron Gordon either. I think he's gonna end up like Michael Beasley at best but more likely like Derrick Williams. I'd focus our efforts on a scoring wing player...maybe even 2. One for a starter, the other for a 6th man role.

Backup C would be another option to look at with the later pick. Get some solid depth behind Noah because I don't think Mirotic will be able to defend NBA centers well unless he bulks up a lot.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Mirotic is a typical Euro big... very good offensive skills, but severely challenged on the defensive end of the court. He's probably a little better than Boozer in the paint, but about equal on defense.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Mirotic is a typical Euro big... very good offensive skills, but severely challenged on the defensive end of the court. He's probably a little better than Boozer in the paint, but about equal on defense.
At least he looks like he tries. From what I've seen it seems like he just lacks the strength to bang with stronger big men. Combine that with his lack of athleticism and there's not a whole lot you can do. I don't think he's as bad as Boozer because it looked like he knew where to position himself and again, he put forth effort. Boozer is just clueless and doesn't really try.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Cauley-Stein wouldn't be a bad pick if we were picking at the back end of the lottery. I think he'll be as good as Tyson Chandler, it would be a good move for depth/size since Nazr and Murphy are essentially worthless.

No Jerami Grant, great athleticism but that's about it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cauley-Stein wouldn't be a bad pick if we were picking at the back end of the lottery. I think he'll be as good as Tyson Chandler, it would be a good move for depth/size since Nazr and Murphy are essentially worthless.

No Jerami Grant, great athleticism but that's about it.
Only issue I have with guys like Cauley-Stein and Patric Young is that they're so limited offensively. We need more scoring on this team. Having a couple guys off the bench that could score would be a big lift for us. Still...their defensive impact is pretty big so they're still useful players. In a 20 mpg role, they could be solid.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
last thing is we need is another high motor guy that cant put the ball in the hoop

we need offense offense offense and more offense...lets rebuild/retool the team right....i want alteast 2 guys that can create their shot in the starting lineup and one off the bench

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
last thing is we need is another high motor guy that cant put the ball in the hoop

we need offense offense offense and more offense...lets rebuild/retool the team right....i want alteast 2 guys that can create their shot in the starting lineup and one off the bench

More than likely you won't find that guy picking towards the end of the lottery, that's why I think Cauley-Stein would be a good pickup at that point because he fills a need and will, at the very least, be a good rebounder/defender with size.

How does everyone feel about Joel Embiid or Dante Exum? If we were drafting and Wiggins/Parker were off the board but both of them were on, would you take one of them or someone else? All the experts say they both have the ceiling of a franchise player. I haven't seen Embiid enough to form an opinion and I've never seen Exum play at all.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More than likely you won't find that guy picking towards the end of the lottery, that's why I think Cauley-Stein would be a good pickup at that point because he fills a need and will, at the very least, be a good rebounder/defender with size.

How does everyone feel about Joel Embiid or Dante Exum? If we were drafting and Wiggins/Parker were off the board but both of them were on, would you take one of them or someone else? All the experts say they both have the ceiling of a franchise player. I haven't seen Embiid enough to form an opinion and I've never seen Exum play at all.
Haven't seen Embiid at all, but I have seen a little of Exum and from what I can tell he's a Michael Carter-Williams type PG who can't shoot. He said he models his game after DRose. Not sure how well he would fit playing alongside Rose, but his skillset is definitely useful for this team. He can create offense for sure. He's more of a point than a 2 guard, but he's got good instincts off the ball.