Report: Chicago Bulls shopping Jimmy Butler

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's only worth it if the Celtics give up young guys and both Brooklyn picks.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This franchise is such a fucking mess.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
James. Cle
Durant. Gs
Curry. Gs
Westbrook. Okc
Leonard. Sa
Harden. Hou
Paul. Lac
Lillard. Por
Davis. No
Aldridge. Sa
Griffin. Lac
Wall. Was
Irving. Cle
Cousins. Sac
George. In
DeRozan. Tor
Lowry. Tor
Thompson. Gs
Butler. Chi
Antetokounmpo. Mil

19th or 20th best for sure

I would say for this season, he's above the bolded guys. And guys like Demar, Lowry, Irving, and Wall are debatable. He's definitely better than 19th in the league. I think you can rate him comfortably between 10-15.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say for this season, he's above the bolded guys. And guys like Demar, Lowry, Irving, and Wall are debatable. He's definitely better than 19th in the league. I think you can rate him comfortably between 10-15.

I don't agree at all. Aldridge is better. Talk to me when Butler scores 40 in back-to-back playoff games. Lillard is clearly too much better offensively (scoring and playmaking) for him not to be better. Griffin is the better scorer and has improved quite a bit on defense. I actually think he's a better passer too.

Paul George and Klay are much more of a debate. But I'll take George. I just think he's an all-around better player and is a more consistent defender. Klay is a more consistent defender too and plays his role as a floor spacing 2-guard to perfection.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This year draft is much stronger than last year. It has the potential to be a big time class. The time is right to move Butler. Its going to be a strong lottery pick draft

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol Paul George...one of the most overrated players in recent memory. And you're basing Aldridge over Jimmy over a couple of playoff games? And how is Griffin the better scorer again? I don't know man...we definitely don't see eye to eye on this one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Paul George...one of the most overrated players in recent memory. And you're basing Aldridge over Jimmy over a couple of playoff games? And how is Griffin the better scorer again? I don't know man...we definitely don't see eye to eye on this one.

Aldridge is one of the few legit impact scoring bigs. He is rarer than a two way wing player.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Griffin has a post game and can take you off the dribble as a 4. His jump shot is a lot better than it used to be too.

Not just two games for Aldridge. He's simply a more established and proven star in this league. He's also made like 75% of his last 80 FG attempts by the way.

And if Paul George is overrated, how is Jimmy not? What is one thing Jimmy can do better than PG other than perhaps draw fouls?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying this is my argument, but to entertain the point....

So what if you trade Butler for a pick that winds up being a top 20 player in the future? The Bulls aren't winning now, so a top 10 player now on a .500 team is basically just to sell a few tickets. The Bulls aren't structured for a quick rebuild, well, they could be on paper, but that is not how Gar/Pax have demonstrated their war room prowess. So maybe a top 20 player in 4-5 years is worth more than a top 10 for the next few years. Yes, the team runs the risk of being in a Philly-esque spiral of being ripe for break-out, but never get the matching parts or expected player development to do so.

It's hard to see the FO doing that because it will essentially be admitting they suck at their jobs. Lose enough money for Jerry and he might just wise up and fire GarPax (finally).

All in all, probably the best thing to do from a purely basketball stand point, if nothing else.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
How about this trade proposal? Butler to the Celtics for SG Avery Bradley, PG Terry Rozier, Nets’ 2017 1st round pick, and Nets’ 2018 1st round pick.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
In no way is Blake Griffin better than jimmy butler.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He should wear a saddle.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
You don't trade Jimmy Butlers, you build around them.