Wade Future

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls gonna trade a top 12 player (I think the general consensus of the top 10 thread is that Butler is no lower than 12-15 right now and still ascending with the big performances and all-star starting nod to rebuild.

To rebuild what? It could take 5 years to find another top 12 player...or 15. Why can't they build around Jimmy? Wade and Jimmy have to go somewhere else so we get what? Draft picks? If its not a top 3 it isn't working out for us much.

But I get tired wondering what the fuck is going on in Reinsdorf mind so lets talk about Wades comments.

Where will Wade go? Anyone we can trade him to now or he has no trade? His comments tell me he is gone no matter what. Sure he will wait and see what they do with Jimmy, but he has limited time, and we need to get a third Alpha for real, like Cousins (now that Gay is down and they are sliding, what the fuck is their end game?), but definitely a PF and maybe an upgrade of a playmaking guard over Grant or to compete with him to lead the bench.

We are at Austin Rivers level bad of back-up guards but at least we ain't paying them what Rivers daddy does.

Wade will just walk to our division rival if given a chance, so if we can trade him to the Clippers or Boston or Atlanta or something it might be worth considering.

Playoffs.

Well...we are better than the Knicks...except when on the court with the Knicks. That will have to be enough to hold us over.

Goodnight Reinsdorf.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't think they'll end up trading Jimmy. I'd like to see if Wade and Jimmy can lure a free agent like a Chris Paul.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd like to see Wade retire. Like today, not in two seasons.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Wade retire. Like today, not in two seasons.

lol.

I'm moreso with the other poster. I really thought the best benefit from Wade was the recruitment potential. For that reason alone we should stick with Jimmy and extend Wade an extra year to be part of the Cousins lure.

What do we have to sell Sacramento?

Their own second rounder back. Our first. Next years first. Zipser? Mirotic (any value left?) And maybe Valentine.

That would leave us Rondo-Wade-Butler-Cousins-Lopez for first and fourth.

with McW, McD, Gibson, Portis, Felecio comprising the bulk of bench minutes.

Does anybody believe this team above could compete? I don't. We are a broken team. We can't add anything with the lack of shooting from the back court. Valentine has bad shot selection.
We need a knew coach and new management. A coach with viable NBA systems and experience. And new management to finish what GarPax built.

I look at all the players on their own and the Bulls are 9-10 deep in talented players that could have a role on a winning team. GarPax clearly cannot finish a build, and they are not alone among GM's. Some great ones could build but not finish. We need a risk taker to finish, and it will go either up or down.

No need to intentionally blow it up...blow it up by accident making championship or bust level risks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If/when the Bulls win their next title, Wade won't be on the roster. Why are we worried about his future?

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I thought the team should've been blown up before, and I still think it today. Signing wade didn't really make sense, neither did rondo. I'd be much happier with a terrible team and a promising future rather than this 8-10 seed bullshit that's painful to watch and is headed in no particular direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We got Wade 5 years too late. And whoever GarPax signs next as their big FA signing will likely be of the same category

AussieBear

the now and the future is...that the nba only has 3-4 teams worth a damn... and the bulls aint one..

why ppl waste time on watching the nba regular season anymore is beyond me...

wade.... old man legs.. had his day..

wish you fucks wanted melo to pair wiff butler... would take a 2035 1st for him..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wade's best role, is in a Vince Carter role. Spot starter, vet off the bench every other game, and a matching contract to such a role.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wade said his future depends on Jimmy Butler. Also, this draft coming up is going to be a monster. I am talking the first 20 picks are going to be littered with stars. College basketball is stacked this year. Maybe the most stacked I have ever seen it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Also I think Wades impact on Jimmy has been underrated. I believe he's helped him tremendously, just like he did lebron. I know a lot of people won't admit it because everyone likes to blow lebron, but without Wade he would have never even sniffed Jordan.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wade said his future depends on Jimmy Butler. Also, this draft coming up is going to be a monster. I am talking the first 20 picks are going to be littered with stars. College basketball is stacked this year. Maybe the most stacked I have ever seen it.

Is the international crop good? If so it probably will be a legendary draft. Roughly 50% of picks are international these days.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also I think Wades impact on Jimmy has been underrated. I believe he's helped him tremendously, just like he did lebron. I know a lot of people won't admit it because everyone likes to blow lebron, but without Wade he would have never even sniffed Jordan.

I think Wade is a top 20 player right now on a weeks rest. If we make it to the playoffs and Jimmy + Wade are able to give their all in a more restful platform I think we could be tougher to out than many here realize. The problem is there are 3 teams I can think of that are untouchable for us.

Yes to Chris Paul...or Griffin...but I just think the answer for Wade is Cleveland or go join the Clippers. Easier to build the clipper than for Wade to wait for the calvary in chicago.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Top 20? Do you think anyone will trade him for a top 21 thru 40 player?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'd trade Butler Gibson Wade etc. for picks this year and next and try and get a Fab 5 to play and grow together .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade Butler Gibson Wade etc. for picks this year and next and try and get a Fab 5 to play and grow together .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

We did that, they were called the Baby Bulls. If you weren't around yet...just trust your elders. We don't want to sell. The White Sox will not be better from selling. The Bulls will not be better from selling Butler.

Jalen and Billups were on yesterday and said "you don't get better by trading Jimmy Butler."

He is a puzzle piece to a championship that plays two directions, runs well, jumps well, scores. You want to spend 5 years developing another Jimmy? For what? So you can lure free agents to what?

Our best chance is right now, to double down on our young depth core, and trust Wade-Jimmy can recruit a third horseman.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
We did that, they were called the Baby Bulls. If you weren't around yet...just trust your elders. We don't want to sell. The White Sox will not be better from selling. The Bulls will not be better from selling Butler.

Jalen and Billups were on yesterday and said "you don't get better by trading Jimmy Butler."

He is a puzzle piece to a championship that plays two directions, runs well, jumps well, scores. You want to spend 5 years developing another Jimmy? For what? So you can lure free agents to what?

Our best chance is right now, to double down on our young depth core, and trust Wade-Jimmy can recruit a third horseman.

First you can't compare baseball youth movement to basketball...
Basketball you just need 3+ solid players to be legit contenders, baseball you need a whole lot more with pitchers and hitters.
So, it takes a lot less time in basketball .

Baby bulls was working, problem was Rose got seriously hurt and they didn't add right vets to support them nor did they draft right afterwards to continue the foundation.

Butler going to be 28 next season...
Yes, he a piece to a championship team, problem is , it won't be with the bulls anytime soon.
They had an opportunity to build around him this season but they chose cast offs and end of career FAs.

Wade going to be 36 next year, he all but done.
Butler also has just 2 yrs remaining on his deal, with player option for 2019.
Trust me, he not sticking around.

The fantasy of butler and wade trying to add a big name 3rd wheel via FA next year to make a championship run , not happening.
You did hear about Bosh and their interest in bringing him in next year as that "3rd wheel"?

My whole thing is no big name FA going to sign a long term deal with Gar/Pax and be coached by Hoiberg, with Wade at end of career and Butler most likely bolting in 2 years.

Best option now is to trade Butler for best package you can get along with Gibson, trade Wade at deadline to a contending team and let him try and get another ring before retiring.

Get a bunch of picks this year and next and build a young team that fits Hoiberg coaching style.

Don't wait til its too late, like they did with Deng etc. .....

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
lol.

I'm moreso with the other poster. I really thought the best benefit from Wade was the recruitment potential. For that reason alone we should stick with Jimmy and extend Wade an extra year to be part of the Cousins lure.

What do we have to sell Sacramento?

Their own second rounder back. Our first. Next years first. Zipser? Mirotic (any value left?) And maybe Valentine.

That would leave us Rondo-Wade-Butler-Cousins-Lopez for first and fourth.

with McW, McD, Gibson, Portis, Felecio comprising the bulk of bench minutes.

Does anybody believe this team above could compete? I don't. We are a broken team. We can't add anything with the lack of shooting from the back court. Valentine has bad shot selection.
We need a knew coach and new management. A coach with viable NBA systems and experience. And new management to finish what GarPax built.

I look at all the players on their own and the Bulls are 9-10 deep in talented players that could have a role on a winning team. GarPax clearly cannot finish a build, and they are not alone among GM's. Some great ones could build but not finish. We need a risk taker to finish, and it will go either up or down.

No need to intentionally blow it up...blow it up by accident making championship or bust level risks.

In the locker room, Cousins makes Brandon Marshall seem like Mother Teresa. Pass, despite the talent.

And this team in no way, shape, or form has 9-10 talented players as you asserted. More like, errr, one good starter and one good reserve.

It is a shit-show that isn't going to be remedied for a long time, as in, only when there is a house-cleaning in the FO. Then a few years to rebuild IF they somehow bring in qualified owners, management, and leadership.

I suggest focusing on the Cubs and revisiting the Bulls circa 2022.