CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The college rule sucks. This would be by far the worst rule yet if implemented.

Judy Battista‏Verified account
@judybattista
Follow Follow @judybattista
Troy Vincent says the NFL will consider putting in a targeting rule, similar to what college FB has. Also will ponder punishment schedule for "non-football acts", which is the Gronk late hit.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The college rule does suck. That said... what happened Monday Night after a guy was possibly paralyzed just proves that a lot of players could really give a rats ass about player safety. There were probably close to a dozen illegal hits with the crown of the head in that game. And then you have Ben saying that it's just AFC North football. It's a joke.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The college rule does suck. That said... what happened Monday Night after a guy was possibly paralyzed just proves that a lot of players could really give a rats ass about player safety. There were probably close to a dozen illegal hits with the crown of the head in that game. And then you have Ben saying that it's just AFC North football. It's a joke.

and the guy who was possibly paralyzed was one of the ones leading with the crown of the head.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

@judybattista
Troy Vincent says the NFL will consider putting in a targeting rule, similar to what college FB has. Also will ponder punishment schedule for "non-football acts", which is the Gronk late hit.
This is just a knee jerk reaction to the last MNF game.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The NFL has a problem in how it has to police it's games because one game out of 16 is such a stiff penalty that the NFL really can only suspend guys for either overly egregious or a history of violent hits. I would hate if the NFL takes on the college rule because it slows the game down so much and with faster players, the NFL would likely see even more tossed for it than the college game sees.

My suggestion has always been a guy who commits overly egregious penalties has a sliding scale

- First penalty: miss rest of drive and potentially next drive upon review following end of drive
- Second penalty: ejection from game + suspended for first half of next game
- First penalty in ejected game: ejection and suspension for next whole game

You can have the officials decide on the severity of the hits during timeouts (to not slow the game down) and guys who headhunt will be on the field less than guys who don't.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I thought that rule was already in play. The refs can eject a player for targeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The JuJu hit on Monday was completely legal too. Nothing wrong at all with that hit. Yes it was a hard hit but was legal. Just garbage.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@judybattista

Now inherit their Overtime and replay rules

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The JuJu hit on Monday was completely legal too. Nothing wrong at all with that hit. Yes it was a hard hit but was legal. Just garbage.

Tre McBride did the same thing to Suggs. Blew his big ass UP, he just wasn't a dumbass enough to taunt him over it and didn't get a flag.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Goodell also just signed a contract extension to the job that nobody wants. Ole Jerry is PISSED

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Stop coddling players and boot their asses out of the league if they cant play with integrity
Fuck the NFL and Goodell
Checking out for a while until they stop messing up the sport , and get out of social justice matters
Im only still on this board to look at jojoboxers gif
Yummmm

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This wouldn't be a Goodell decision, it would be something the Rules committee would need push forward to the owners who would then vote.

With that, the current committee consists of:

Rich McKay (chairman) – president, Atlanta Falcons
John Mara – owner, New York Giants
Stephen Jones – owner, Dallas Cowboys
Mark Murphy – president, Green Bay Packers
Ozzie Newsome – general manager, Baltimore Ravens
Rick Smith – general manager, Houston Texans
Marvin Lewis – head coach, Cincinnati Bengals
Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers
Bruce Arians – head coach, Arizona Cardinals
John Elway – general manager, Denver Broncos
Sean Payton – head coach, New Orleans Saints

Notice any name missing from the committee?

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
They put warnings on cigarette boxes yet people still spend their money to kill themselves

Put a warning on football and let people get paid to destroy themselves

Mike Mitchell of the Steelers gets it.
(2:30 & 4:35 if you want to skip to the rants)

[video=youtube;GSPEv6BXsPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSPEv6BXsPs[/video]

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
That video is brilliant! Summed up, enough said! Mitchell gets it!!!!

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Goodell is perpetually stuck on Occams razor, which is why he just got a $200 million extension. Everyone wants it their way and he's gotta find a middle with people that won't accept a middle. He's earning his money.....

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Goodell is a figurehead who does what owners tell him to do.

Exactly.
All rule changes are voted on by the competition committee... owners... and Goodell is just the face for the fans to direct their anger towards.

He is filling his job requirements perfectly- let the mobs of angry fans point to him as the cause, instead of taking issue with the owners that actually make the rules.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

nothing with the Shazier play was dirty or illegal...so don't get how that play has anything to do with player safety. The hit on AB was flagged and the player received a suspension. The Smith-Shuster play was more about the taunting but the hit wasn't really illegal and any helmet to helmet activity was incidental. but even he received a game suspension.