Need opinions ASAP on a trade!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im 4-3 in one of my leagues. 6th place.

I just got offered a trade of Phillip Rivers and Marques Colston for Arian Foster? WOuld yall make this deal?

My other RB's are McCoy, Ben Tate, Vereen and Alfred Blue

My QB's are Colin Kaep, RGIII, and just picked up Kyle Orton for the bye week.

Receivers are Hilton, Michael Floyd, Crabtree, Reuben Randle, and Kendall Wright.

I would have to push for this today to start Rivers tonight.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the trade is kind of a push...but you might come out ahead since Rivers is tearing it up while Foster doesn't quite get as many points.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Standard scoring or PPR?

Foster is one of the best RBs right now. Rivers is one of the best QBs. Colston in general has been garbage this year, but does catch the ball, making it a more worthy trade in PPR. I'm not that big on this trade to be honest since Colston just gives you more questionable options at receiver.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the trade is kind of a push...but you might come out ahead since Rivers is tearing it up while Foster doesn't quite get as many points.

Im trying to figure if I can trust my backs with Foster gone. I think McCoy gets going. Browns seemed to have sour on using 3 backs and want to Tate some rhythm. The wild card is Vereen. If he is the true number 1 in New England, I am golden but if Belichick pulls a Belichick I could be hurting. The good thing is McCoy and Tate have been through their byes. KAep in on his bye this week. I really hope I make this trade and Foster gets hurt so I have Blue as a started as well. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Standard scoring or PPR?

Foster is one of the best RBs right now. Rivers is one of the best QBs. Colston in general has been garbage this year, but does catch the ball, making it a more worthy trade in PPR. I'm not that big on this trade to be honest since Colston just gives you more questionable options at receiver.

Yea, its standard scoring but bonuses for big plays and big yards. 12 points for 40 plus yard TD's. 9 points for 25-40 yards TD's and bonuses for reaching yard thresholds.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im trying to figure if I can trust my backs with Foster gone. I think McCoy gets going. Browns seemed to have sour on using 3 backs and want to Tate some rhythm. The wild card is Vereen. If he is the true number 1 in New England, I am golden but if Belichick pulls a Belichick I could be hurting. The good thing is McCoy and Tate have been through their byes. KAep in on his bye this week. I really hope I make this trade and Foster gets hurt so I have Blue as a started as well. lol
You can make the argument that the Foster/Kaepernick combo is good enough to beat out Rivers/whoever because the combined production would be greater. I'm not sure how many big plays each player makes though.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can make the argument that the Foster/Kaepernick combo is good enough to beat out Rivers/whoever because the combined production would be greater. I'm not sure how many big plays each player makes though.

Yea, its a solid trade offer. If I didnt have Blue, I think I would have more inclination to trade him in case of injury.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, its a solid trade offer. If I didnt have Blue, I think I would have more inclination to trade him in case of injury.
I think you could go either way an have no regrets honestly. You might get an boost of a few points from Rivers (ie 21 points vs 19), but you could really go either way imo.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What other receivers can you get?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I countered. I told him I would give him Tate or Vereen for Rivers. He is desperate at running back and he has Andrew Luck.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im glad I kept Foster. lol Him and Gronk have a combined 73 points for me. Good week.