PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bears are not going to sign anyone to significant money.

If Amos and Massie sign 6+ million deals we should get picks in the 4th round. 3rd round is usually for the 10+ million deals.

Right, I'm glad this organization is in the position to get comp picks finally. I think it's a savvy way to build roster depth and stay youthful if navigated properly each offseason. Keep the core together and gain comp picks by letting guys go in FA. I'm one that thinks a guy like Amos is replaceable, along with Massie. Don't overspend keeping pieces like that around, draft to replace them in the middle rounds if possible.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
this offense with kareem hunt....

FlawlessEasygoingGnu-small.gif

I just can't see the Bears signing Hunt. Virginia likely vetos that one.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy loves footbaw, and some appreciate the thoughtful thoroughness of his posts.

What's your problem?

Ya mutha was a lizard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just can't see the Bears signing Hunt. Virginia likely vetos that one.

That would really be too bad.

The Bears are in the financial/competitive window where they need to explore these types of deals with talented players with some baggage.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was also really high on Cam Meredith.... I could never figure out why.

Cam was good.

His career ended/is ending because of a horrendous injury.

When he got 10 starts he produced 888 yards and 4 TDs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cam was good.

His career ended/is ending because of a horrendous injury.

When he got 10 starts he produced 888 yards and 4 TDs.

I know what he did, but it was a small sample size in a context in which he was lucky enough to be the only competent WR and thus got lots of targets.

You turned that immediately into him being a WR1 or WR2.... I always saw him as having the talent of a depth guy, WR4 or WR5.

I disagreed with your projection then, and I still do now.... I don't think pre or post injury he was a top 1 or 2 WR.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
I don't think Hunt is going to happen, at that contract it should though. Chase Daniels is paid a decent amount to be a backup QB. Not sure if he would have a cap hit, but replacing with a rookie would save some money in 2020. Likely not next year because I think Nagy and coaches like having Chase around Turbinsky in the meetings etc. But, at some point, Turbinksy won't need a pricey vet backup...it can be another young guy to develop. I think Amos is probably gone, and Parkey has to be gone. Not just for the Bears, but for him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know what he did, but it was a small sample size in a context in which he was lucky enough to be the only competent WR and thus got lots of targets.

You turned that immediately into him being a WR1 or WR2.... I always saw him as having the talent of a depth guy, WR4 or WR5.

I disagreed with your projection then, and I still do now.... I don't think pre or post injury he was a top 1 or 2 WR.

WR 4 or 5 never put up 888 yards in 10 starts in their careers. Guys who fill those spots will probably never put that up in their careers.

The year Meredith had a good year Jeffery got 94 targets and Royal got 43. Meredith got 97 targets so he was not over targeted.

That would have been WR 1 production for the Bears this season.

He would have been a solid #2 option if healthy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Hunt is going to happen, at that contract it should though. Chase Daniels is paid a decent amount to be a backup QB. Not sure if he would have a cap hit, but replacing with a rookie would save some money in 2020. Likely not next year because I think Nagy and coaches like having Chase around Turbinsky in the meetings etc. But, at some point, Turbinksy won't need a pricey vet backup...it can be another young guy to develop. I think Amos is probably gone, and Parkey has to be gone. Not just for the Bears, but for him.

The draft pick is more valuable than the 3 million you save.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WR 4 or 5 never put up 888 yards in 10 starts in their careers. Guys who fill those spots will probably never put that up in their careers.

That would have been WR 1 production for the Bears this season.

He would have been a solid #2 option if healthy.

Every career has an arc.... Brandon Marshall is now a WR4/5 and he put up those numbers.

Terrel Pryor put up 1,007 yards on 77 receptions and 4 TD... granted in 16 games, but right there... I mean he is a WR4/5

Flash in the pan happens with the right context.

Cam Meredith was never a WR1/2.

msadows

Liked Posts:
i like getting hunt and understand the rationale for keeping howard during hunt's expected suspension but the minute both guys are here i'd expect there is going to be a lot of friction not only between the two of them but with the players too. If hunt is the plan then howard should be traded before training camp and the bears can use a committee of cohen, mckissic and nall/rookie to fill in for those suspended games...

IMO i dont see the mccaskey's signing off again on another domestic violence related player...

If pace/Nagy comes up to her, and tells her they know the guy, maybe she would. This isn't the same situation as when they got Ray McDonald, that team was BAD. Virginia doesn't have a lot of time left, and I'm sure Pace/Nagy are aware Hunt would take this offense to the next level. If Virginia is serious about winning, she would consider it.

And I do agree with the Howard situation, not just because of the tension it will cause, but trading howard at the deadline versus in the offseason will only hurt his value. Trading away a runningback that has 8 games left on his rookie deal isn't going to get as much.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I would love if he took a hometown discount.

That doesn't often happen for young players looking at their second contract, coming off two consecutive really good years. He's going to cash in.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
i like getting hunt and understand the rationale for keeping howard during hunt's expected suspension but the minute both guys are here i'd expect there is going to be a lot of friction not only between the two of them but with the players too. If hunt is the plan then howard should be traded before training camp and the bears can use a committee of cohen, mckissic and nall/rookie to fill in for those suspended games...

IMO i dont see the mccaskey's signing off again on another domestic violence related player...

Hunt was involved in an unfortunate situation. It wasn't domestic violence. He wasn't beating his spouse or girlfriend. It was an altercation in a public place with someone that may have been hurling racial slurs. The Bears would need all the facts and make a decision.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Really like this plan overall.

If Hunt is not available or they can't get him (and imo someone will be willing to pay him more), Spencer Ware would be another option. The Chiefs just extended Damien Williams to a nice deal. Could be possible to snag Ware, who has been good when healthy and is obviously a fit in Nagy's offense.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Hunt was involved in an unfortunate situation. It wasn't domestic violence. He wasn't beating his spouse or girlfriend. It was an altercation in a public place with someone that may have been hurling racial slurs. The Bears would need all the facts and make a decision.

lets put it this way, how is it labeled on the internet/social media? it is labeled as domestic violence, granted it wasn't as severe as other cases but is still labeled that way by the masses.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The biggest sham of the reporting on Hunt was that it was called domestic violence.

Domestic violence is targeted towards someone who you are in a relationship with, who has the expectation of your protection.

What Hunt did was simple assault.