The Best Part of the Pagano Signing.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank god we hired Pagano, I was getting worried that maybe Nagy would have to be Head Coach AND Defensive coordinator. I don’t think he’d be good at both. It’s a lot. Offense and defense. Together.

It must have been a very tough 32 hours for Nagy to have that possibility held over his head. Big shout to the front office for identifying a need at defensive coordinator, and addressing it. I’m also relieved that they hired someone with big time experience, which should prevent Nagy from deciding he wants to play defense also, causing the offense to suffer.

This hugely benefits Pagano as well because he’ll know without a doubt that HE’s the defensive coordinator, and therefore is the coach of the defense because of it.

Thanks.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would have been rough! Some posters here can unrustle their jimmies for sure

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wait, what’s the best part?

That an offensive-minded coach would want his defensive coordinator to run the defense?

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
That fact that you thought Nagy might also end up running the defense is staggering.

mecha

Liked Posts:
did Lovie Smith run the offense too?

asking for a friend.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hiring someone with head coaching experience is not a bad thing.

I've always found pagano to be highly thought of. He kinda got a raw deal in Indy.

Looking forward to maintaining defensive dominance in the north

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Remember that year that Lovie had like 5 former head coaches on his staff...

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Troll thread? Pagano was only DC in Baltimore for one season I believe

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Troll thread? Pagano was only DC in Baltimore for one season I believe

They were ranked #1 that year and fell off by a good amount the following year (though they won the SB). His 2011 defense had a better PPA than this year's Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re good you. Funny and topical.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People calling op a troll just dont get it. With the pagano hire, Nagy has himself a DC who will literally take over Fangios role of Head COACH of the DEFENSE. this allows nagy to focus on the offense and playcalling so he doesnt have to worry about defense at all. When fangio left, I was concerned that Nagy would have to start watching the d side of the ball when the o is off the field, making adjustments to personnel, telling Mack if hes rushing or dropping back, counting how many players are out there, etc. Pagano can handle all of this as a DC because he has HC experience.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wait, what’s the best part?

That an offensive-minded coach would want his defensive coordinator to run the defense?

I think it was that Nagy identified that we had a need at DC and took care of it. Stevie Wonder saw that need.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People calling op a troll just dont get it. With the pagano hire, Nagy has himself a DC who will literally take over Fangios role of Head COACH of the DEFENSE. this allows nagy to focus on the offense and playcalling so he doesnt have to worry about defense at all. When fangio left, I was concerned that Nagy would have to start watching the d side of the ball when the o is off the field, making adjustments to personnel, telling Mack if hes rushing or dropping back, counting how many players are out there, etc. Pagano can handle all of this as a DC because he has HC experience.

Do you think Pagano will sit upstairs in the booth or stand on the sideline? Was curious which was a better place to yell to Mack and/or count the number of players on the field.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's something to consider:

Maybe the Bears decide to let Nagy control the defense just for the first six weeks or eight weeks or ten weeks even, that way if Pagano gets sniped after next year Nagy will be ready to command all phases of the football Bears.

Strong teams prepare for every possible eventuality.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think Pagano will sit upstairs in the booth or stand on the sideline? Was curious which was a better place to yell to Mack and/or count the number of players on the field.

I think counting players needs to be done from up top. But if he head coaches the defense to self-doubt, I'd prefer him to be a sideline pacer, get down there with his troops.