Why hasn’t Tabor been canned yet?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Special teams directly cost the Bears the new England gand, the Miami game, the number 1 seed in the NFC, and our first post season game in nearly a decades.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Against Miami the defense got shredded for long TDs twice in the 4th quarter against Brock Osweiler and the kicker missed a 53 yard FG. If that FG is what directly cost them the game, I'm not sure I agree.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Against Miami the defense got shredded for long TDs twice in the 4th quarter against Brock Osweiler and the kicker missed a 53 yard FG. If that FG is what directly cost them the game, I'm not sure I agree.
The Bears having a bad performance was an anomaly. We needed Parkey to hit a game winner in OT.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The Bears having a bad performance was an anomaly. We needed Parkey to hit a game winner in OT.

The Bears defense having a bad performance*

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears defense having a bad performance*

But the defense did have a bad performance, anomaly or not. Not sure how that has anything to do with their fault in that loss.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
But the defense did have a bad performance, anomaly or not. Not sure how that has anything to do with their fault in that loss.

Because despite that bad performance the game was in parkey’s hands and he missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know, Tabor has done a decent job IMO. The ST have been good in punt and kick coverage and have never looked overmatched. To me the only issues are an inconsistent Odonnel and a mental midget in Parkey.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Because despite that bad performance the game was in parkey’s hands and he missed it.

I understand the argument I just don't think it's correct to say that was the direct cause.

I think the argument that the miss is somehow on the ST coordinator is even worse though, to be fair.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He’s responsible for the play of his unit, which was awful last season, and for some reason he is getting off with no criticism.

Very overblown. ST had more high quality plays than disastrous ones and u know they have personnel issues. Get the skill positions fixed and a couple blue chip special teasers and bears are set. Tabor is fine. Jeesh

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Very overblown. ST had more high quality plays than disastrous ones and u know they have personnel issues. Get the skill positions fixed and a couple blue chip special teasers and bears are set. Tabor is fine. Jeesh

Where do you think we get these blue chip guys from? We have more pressing needs such as OL, RB, and TE. Plenty of other special team units do not have blue chip guys and are way better than ours

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where do you think we get these blue chip guys from? We have more pressing needs such as OL, RB, and TE. Plenty of other special team units do not have blue chip guys and are way better than ours

Dude. U can always find gr8 special team players after the draft.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Bad performances happen. I'm willing to forgive a bad defensive performance but with the offense playing lights out that game and then Parkey comes out with a chance to win... Well you know the narrative.

Special teams were consistently bad

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Ya'll should've prayed a lot harder if you really wanted Cody Parkey to hit a 53 yarder.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He wasn’t the one that was kicking though

He is the one that should have gotten Parkey sorted. When we can see mechanical problems, why can't he help sort them. Parkay leaning back and taking and extra long last step too close to the ball was a constant on longer kicks.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I can't tell whose decision it was to have Cunningham and Bellamy return kicks. Whoever made that decision should slap themselves

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He is the one that should have gotten Parkey sorted. When we can see mechanical problems, why can't he help sort them. Parkay leaning back and taking and extra long last step too close to the ball was a constant on longer kicks.

So do you blame Nagy and Ragone when Mitch airmails a few passes?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Partially. We give them credit when he doesn't.

Not me. They teach him how to do it. It's not rocket science, either he does or he doesn't. Same with Parkey.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The punter and kicker should be money. Missed FGs and shanked punts should be rare exceptions. If I feel nervous before a special teams play it should be because I expect the returner to break one at any time. We've seen enough of Parkey and O'Donnell to know they can't be counted on and need to be replaced.

I don't know what percentage of this year's ST failure is on Tabor but I won't miss him if he gets flushed.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
Like any phase of the team, the Special Teams can work toward improvement, but the ST this season was waaayyy better than the Trestman/Fox years. I remember during the Trestman era the Bears giving up a handful return TDs and/or having really bad coverage tackling. And I don't remember being impressed by ST under Fox. Overall in 2018, the coverage and returns were adequate, and Cohen is in the pro bowl. Tabor can't be blamed for Parkey. I guess it goes to show how good the 2018 team was if trying to "fire Tabor" is a thread. Also, we're all spoiled because we had the Toub/Devin Hester years. But part of the reason those special teams were so good is that there was heavy money invested in the defense while the offensive signings we're not that good (I'm thinking of 2006-2011 in particular).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not me. They teach him how to do it. It's not rocket science, either he does or he doesn't. Same with Parkey.

And if Tabor wasn't capable of teaching Parkey anything? That said, our ST weren't great in all aspects. Tabor has not been good.