2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am sitting Howard this week for Ameer Abdullah. Am I crazy?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am sitting Howard this week for Ameer Abdullah. Am I crazy?

Considering the matchup and that the Bears have no threat of the pass, no. But I'm with gpp, what other options do you have?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
what other options do you have other than Abdullah

Hurting in this league because I have David Johnson. My backs are Ty Montgomery, Ameer, Tevin Coleman and Chris Thompson. I need to play two of the backs, but I was leaning on putting Coleman into my Flex. Other flex options are Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson and Chris Thompson.

Also, the guy I'm playing has Gurley so it's not looking good lol.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hurting in this league because I have David Johnson. My backs are Ty Montgomery, Ameer, Tevin Coleman and Chris Thompson. I need to play two of the backs, but I was leaning on putting Coleman into my Flex. Other flex options are Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson and Chris Thompson.

Also, the guy I'm playing has Gurley so it's not looking good lol.

Just making sure I understand this...choose two of the backs you listed...of the ones listed I would probably roll with Montgomery and Thompson. With Kelley banged up Thompson will get some work and he is a good play in PPR. Montgomery is a definite play, Abdullah isn't bad but a risky play because Detroit isn't a heavy running team. I think in the flex spot Coleman or Williams are good plays. Tough call on sitting Howard, of the backs listed I would probably roll with Thompson over Howard instead of Abdullah. Riddick is more of the pass catcher in Detroit and if the game turns into a shootout Riddick will be the one getting more work.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just making sure I understand this...choose two of the backs you listed...of the ones listed I would probably roll with Montgomery and Thompson. With Kelley banged up Thompson will get some work and he is a good play in PPR. Montgomery is a definite play, Abdullah isn't bad but a risky play because Detroit isn't a heavy running team. I think in the flex spot Coleman or Williams are good plays. Tough call on sitting Howard, of the backs listed I would probably roll with Thompson over Howard instead of Abdullah. Riddick is more of the pass catcher in Detroit and if the game turns into a shootout Riddick will be the one getting more work.

Reports are that Kelley practiced today and should be good to go on Sunday. I don't know how much work he will get, but I don't like the 3 headed monster of Kelley, Thompson and Perinie. I'll have to keep an eye on it. If Kelley is out on Sunday, I do agree that Thompson is a better play. I like Abdullah cuz he gets 15-20 touches a game. He's bound to get in the endzone eventually.

My league is 2 RB, 2 WR and one Flex so I can either play 3 RBs or 3 WRs. Half point PPR.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't had any questionable plays in fantasy this year, so far. No "should i start x, or y"... yet. It's not as much fun without those :(

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't had any questionable plays in fantasy this year, so far. No "should i start x, or y"... yet. It's not as much fun without those :(

I noticed that my opponent this week is the ****ing commissioner who won't let any trades go through unless it weakens certain owners and this ***hole apparently dropped his kicker and didn't fill the roster spot so I dropped 3 of my bench players and picked up the top 3 available kickers to ride my bench, and actually found a better matchup in that selection to start so now I'm carrying 4 kicker just for this week and hope anyone else in my league sees this and does the same if they have any crappy players on their bench so this ****head has no kickers available to field this weekend.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I noticed that my opponent this week is the ****ing commissioner who won't let any trades go through unless it weakens certain owners and this ***hole apparently dropped his kicker and didn't fill the roster spot so I dropped 3 of my bench players and picked up the top 3 available kickers to ride my bench, and actually found a better matchup in that selection to start so now I'm carrying 4 kicker just for this week and hope anyone else in my league sees this and does the same if they have any crappy players on their bench so this ****head has no kickers available to field this weekend.

Good call on the four kickers, Vash.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Fuck. I swapped out Jordan Howard for Buck Allen at the last minute and it cost me the game.

Mitchapalooza

Still won in spite of starting Baltimore's D/ST over the Texans in my money league.....never again.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck. I swapped out Jordan Howard for Buck Allen at the last minute and it cost me the game.

I sat Howard as well. Still going to win so not a big deal. He was a tough play this week. I though Ptts D was better and he has been banged up.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My TE in my big money league is MartyB and he isn't cutting it. I thought he would have a lot more success with Rodgers. Top available on the WW is Charles Clay, Coby Fleener and Even Engram. Anyone have any thoughts on who I should pick up? I'm leaning towards Clay, but they are all pretty meh.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Should've started Chris Thompson instead of Buck Allen...who knew? :dunno:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
My TE in my big money league is MartyB and he isn't cutting it. I thought he would have a lot more success with Rodgers. Top available on the WW is Charles Clay, Coby Fleener and Even Engram. Anyone have any thoughts on who I should pick up? I'm leaning towards Clay, but they are all pretty meh.

Tough call. I'd probably go with Charles Clay. I have tendency to overreach in my draft on a TE but I can't stand the inconsistency from the position ha. He's the flavor of the week, but what do you think of Marcedes Lewis? Is he available?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tough call. I'd probably go with Charles Clay. I have tendency to overreach in my draft on a TE but I can't stand the inconsistency from the position ha. He's the flavor of the week, but what do you think of Marcedes Lewis? Is he available?

Not really a fan of Lewis. He didn't do anything for 2 weeks and just exploded for 3 TD's. Probably a player to monitor. I'm holding on to Marty for this week vs the Bears. Looking at the WW and stats - Marty has 11 catches, 111 yards, 0 TDs. Clay only has 13 catches, 115 yards, 2 TDs. I like Marty this week against the Bears.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Not really a fan of Lewis. He didn't do anything for 2 weeks and just exploded for 3 TD's. Probably a player to monitor. I'm holding on to Marty for this week vs the Bears. Looking at the WW and stats - Marty has 11 catches, 111 yards, 0 TDs. Clay only has 13 catches, 115 yards, 2 TDs. I like Marty this week against the Bears.

I wouldn't waste a waiver claim on Lewis...throughout his career he will have these games and everyone jumps to get him only to see themselves dropping him a few weeks later. Unless you have a roster spot you can spare and you have another TE on your roster and he clears waivers, I wouldn't waste a bench spot.

I agree on Clay, I don't see Bennett being a good consistent play, where I think Clay's floor is much higher than Bennett's

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's such a TD dependent position unless you have Gronk/Kelce and maybe a few other guys. I hate it. I hope Marty and Rodgers are able to get on the same page for my FF team sake. I'll save the Waiver claim this week and jump on Clay next week if Marty has another dismal performance.