should the Sox move Mocanda to third base?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
not really it matters what stats are out in----stats can be twisted and turned out.

and yet you are incapable of supplying any good or bad stats. Says it all right there really.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
not really it matters what stats are out in----stats can be twisted and turned out.

In many sports and some baseball stats I would agree with you. But overall, baseball is one of the best sports to use statistical analysis because nearly everything is tracked in some way shape or form. In hockey there isn't a stat to show you how many times you entered a shot lane or pinned a guy against the boards to delay the puck from exiting a zone, but in baseball, you can track any offensive stat and any defensive stat. You can track different ballparks, different time zones, different times of day, and so on.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So nothing. First reply to your post and it is something you are incapable of replying to.

No Moncada is not being moved. He's right in line with Altuve at this point. Doesn't mean he'll be him, but the alarm is too early to sound.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If you can tell whether someone is talented or will be a star, why aren't you a scout then? You sound like a WSI mod to me, probably Daver. But please, I'm LMAO with you not at you.

Fuck Daver Lol.

TWANG...THUMP!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In many sports and some baseball stats I would agree with you. But overall, baseball is one of the best sports to use statistical analysis because nearly everything is tracked in some way shape or form. In hockey there isn't a stat to show you how many times you entered a shot lane or pinned a guy against the boards to delay the puck from exiting a zone, but in baseball, you can track any offensive stat and any defensive stat. You can track different ballparks, different time zones, different times of day, and so on.

This is a great and polite response. Baseball has the most comprehensive and useful analytics of any sport and most every team is leaning on them heavily. Teams that don’t are at a competitive disadvantage.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
not a metrics post

To go back to your original question Rich, yes I think they'll be moving him. They have Madrigal now and by starting him in the minors at second that gives me a good indication he's going to be the go forward second baseman. My guess is he'll be here in 2020, so they'll toss one of the other infielders at second for a stop gap year.

NdSoxfan2

Liked Posts:
I don't think it is too early to sound. He has been in the bigs for a year and a half and has not shown any signs of the greatness predicted for him.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I don't think it is too early to sound. He has been in the bigs for a year and a half and has not shown any signs of the greatness predicted for him.

He's still really young and is working this offseason on striking out a lot less. I think we'll see a large improvement from last year.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh well, let the Padres figure it out now

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
God you are fucking delusional about the Sox. Mancado is Altuve? Just don’t even formulate that sentence.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which some? Any specifics at all????
Subjectively speaking...

Moncada will never be Altuve.

Prove me wrong with your objective stats!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Mancado is Altuve? Just don’t even formulate that sentence.
Rask,
Did you misread what I posted or are you not in your right mind at the moment?

They are completely comparable at the same point in their careers. That does not mean at all that Moncada will be Altuve going forward.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Subjectively speaking...

Moncada will never be Altuve.

Prove me wrong with your objective stats!

I have to wait to see if Moncada will continue. Up to this point he's Altuve. Altuve wasn;t an MVP at this point either.

NdSoxfan2

Liked Posts:
All the strikeouts and all the errors are good metrics. Leadership and clutch hitting are not metrics from my understanding of metrics.

NdSoxfan2

Liked Posts:
I think that Moncada is going to be a monumental disappointment. Who are the "experts" that say he was the top prospect in baseball?