Emery vs Pace

ping001

Liked Posts:
Was Pace that much of an upgrade from Emery?
I think Phil actually did pretty good with evaluating talent, but like Pace sealed his doom by taking a chance picking the wrong coach.

Phils players: Brandon Marshall(trade), jeffery, Bennett, Kyle long, Kyle fuller, bostic(bust), Shea McClellin (bust). Resigned Jay(needed move at the time).
LT Jermaine Bushrod(FA)which I thought was a very capable tackle.

Pace: Jordan Howard, Floyd, White(jury is out) , Adrian Amos, Cody Whitehair, Eddie Goldman,Trubisky, Cohen.
I think signing Leno to ext was a mistake , but he could fit at RT. He underestimated lack of talent and depth at WR position.
Mike Glennon goes with Marcus Wheaton and Rick Mirer as worst acquisitions ever.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea McClellin Alshon Jeffery Brandon Hardin Evan Rodriguez Isaiah Frey Greg McCoy

Kyle Long
Jonathan Bostic Khaseem Greene Jordan Mills Cornelius Washington Marquess Wilson

Kyle Fuller
Ego Ferguson Will Sutton Ka'Deem Carey Brock Vereen David Fales
the punter
Charles Leno

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I to this day want to punch Phil Phucking Emery in the ears for the Shea pick. My blood pressure goes up 10 points just thinking about it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think Phil actually did pretty good with evaluating talent, but like Pace sealed his doom by taking a chance picking the wrong coach.

Phils players: Brandon Marshall(trade), jeffery, Bennett, Kyle long, Kyle fuller, bostic(bust), Shea McClellin (bust). Resigned Jay(needed move at the time).

Pace: Jordan Howard, Floyd, White(jury is out) , Adrian Amos, Cody Whitehair, Trubisky, Cohen.
I think signing Leno to ext was a mistake , but he could fit at RT. He underestimated lack of talent and depth at WR position.
Mike Glennon goes with Marcus Wheaton and Rick Mirer as worst acquisitions ever.

Out of the previous three pace is the worst. The record speaks for itself. Pace has the worst record of the past three gms. Fox's best record was in 2015 with most of emery's team. It's easy to blame the coach for all the problems but pace is at fault. Fox has had some good seasons in his career with good players something he lacks in his time in chicago. This team has no talent and all the good players that bears had pace got rid of them so he can sign his bad players. He got rid of gould, marshall, bennet and jeffry and has signed bad players like glennon. His drafting is pretty poor. In 3 drafts he has only found one probowler. Far less than JA and emery. Pace is the worst of the 3 but fanboys dont want to admit it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Out of the previous three pace is the worst. The record speaks for itself. Pace has the worst record of the past three gms. Fox's best record was in 2015 with most of emery's team. It's easy to blame the coach for all the problems but pace is at fault. Fox has had some good seasons in his career with good players something he lacks in his time in chicago. This team has no talent and all the good players that bears had pace got rid of them so he can sign his bad players. He got rid of gould, marshall, bennet and jeffry and has signed bad players like glennon. His drafting is pretty poor. In 3 drafts he has only found one probowler. Far less than JA and emery. Pace is the worst of the 3 but fanboys dont want to admit it.

Did you want to keep those players marshall, Bennett, forte, etc. For what purpose for the team?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Nah, White was picked where expected. Shea was a reach of biblical proportions. No one was laughing after White.... Everyone laughed immediately at the Shea pick.

Amari cooper was the best wr of the draft. After he didnt fall the bears should have looked elsewhere. They actually drafted white to replace marshall. They should have kept marshall and filled another need.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Did you want to keep those players marshall, Bennett, forte, etc. For what purpose for the team?

is that a joke? to win games. I dont care about forte but gutting the one of the best wr corp in the league was a boneheaded decision. We see the results.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nah, White was picked where expected. Shea was a reach of biblical proportions. No one was laughing after White.... Everyone laughed immediately at the Shea pick.

Not the topic but you how the patriots still wanted him and used him as a piece that helped... they wanted him and were going to draft him. The Packers and Pats both wanted him just a few picks later. So I don't know what you base a reach on other than what the other teams are going to do.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not the topic but you how the patriots still wanted him and used him as a piece that helped... they wanted him and were going to draft him. The Packers and Pats both wanted him just a few picks later. So I don't know what you base a reach on other than what the other teams are going to do.

He was hurt two thirds of last season and I think he started this season on injured reserve so I doubt he has contributed much. I don't remember anyone talking about him going where Emery picked him. I do remember peolple being shocked by it.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Pace: Jordan Howard, Floyd, White(jury is out) , Adrian Amos, Cody Whitehair, Trubisky, Cohen.

Emery was the most putridly inept and violently hated GM to ever step foot into Halas hall.

He was detested by the entirety of the staff all the way down to the admins. In fact, even the crew that manage the stadium violently hated the egomaniac...

While Pace has not done better in terms of coaching pick or record (and remember Emery got the benefit of a 10-6 team coached by Lovie) , I do think he has more buy in from the organization as a whole.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Emery was the most putridly inept and violently hated GM to ever step foot into Halas hall.

He was detested by the entirety of the staff all the way down to the admins. In fact, even the crew that manage the stadium violently hated the egomaniac...

While Pace has not done better in terms of coaching pick or record (and remember Emery got the benefit of a 10-6 team coached by Lovie) , I do think he has more buy in from the organization as a whole.

I had no idea or knowledge that Emery was so disliked and had a ego.
Nobody is perfect and Pace is a young guy and I hope he will learn from his mistakes, he was Mickey Loomis understudy with saints which he built the 2010 super bowl team.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I had no idea or knowledge that Emery was so disliked and had a ego.
Nobody is perfect and Pace is a young guy and I hope he will learn from his mistakes, he was Mickey Loomis understudy with saints which he built the 2010 super bowl team.

True story, before the games the team allows people to hold field-sized the team flag (certain games when they introduce the players) and the american flag.

Friends and family of team and HH staff are often invited as well as season club and suite holders. The Admins put this together and receive the names from the staff, workers, concierge emps, etc... It's been done that way for years.

124668152.0.jpg

4cee1db3cc2c392bbd337410e0eb10a1--nfl-stadiums-soldier-field.jpg

Game 1 of his first preseason, he asked for the list and wanted to know how they were selected. He then went through and crossed off names that he deemed "undeserving". IE he would cross off family of the team cafeteria workers, or HH cleaning crew...

He was a real piece of shit.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
There's only 2 things you need to know about Emery's tenure: Signing Cutler to a 7-year deal to be the franchise QB, and hiring Marc Trestman. You won't find 2 blunders as big as those, and Emery owns them both.

Emery's free agency moves were vastly overrated. Yeah, Marshall was pretty good but he was also a major league douchebag that infests every locker room he enters. Same with Bennett.

Jared Allen, Michael Bush, DJ Williams, James Anderson? Lol.

People shit on Pace but Emery orchestrated the worst defenses of all time. That's not hyperbole either.

When Emery got fired, he left this franchise as irreparable as it gets. If Pace were to get fired (he won't but hypothetically speaking), he would leave this place in a much better spot for the next guy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Amari cooper was the best wr of the draft. After he didnt fall the bears should have looked elsewhere. They actually drafted white to replace marshall. They should have kept marshall and filled another need.

They drafted White to replace Marshall eh? And what source told you that?