PS4 Discussion Thread

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spotify is such a great addition to the PS4. Listening to whatever you want while screwing around in Destiny is great.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Finally broke down and got a PS4. It's coming today, along w/ Bloodborne. Looking forward to it. PS3 is going to go in my bedroom probably mostly to stream Netflix / Hulu. What other titles are awesome and worth picking up? Far Cry 4? Is there a good racing game yet? I've heard Drive Club kinda blows.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Finally broke down and got a PS4. It's coming today, along w/ Bloodborne. Looking forward to it. PS3 is going to go in my bedroom probably mostly to stream Netflix / Hulu. What other titles are awesome and worth picking up? Far Cry 4? Is there a good racing game yet? I've heard Drive Club kinda blows.

I don't know anything about driving games, but the game I'm playing most right now is Diablo III, going to probably get back into Destiny some soon. and if you don't have it, anticipate getting PS+ as they games that they put out for free are at least worth the subscription and can keep you entertained for the month till the next ones come out, and you'll need it for multiplayer in some games anyway. If you haven't played Last of Us, get that. What type of games do you like?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I finished The Last Of Us on PS3, but I'm getting a free copy of it with the PS4...so probably will play it a bit just to see the remastered version. One of my favorite games of all time. I have a PS+ account already, assuming I can use the same account for both devices? I tend to gravitate towards action / adventure type games and some sports stuff as well (racing, golf, madden etc). FPS games I don't really like on consoles....don't feel like I have nearly the control I do w/ a mouse and a keyboard. Maybe I can get used to it though.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I finished The Last Of Us on PS3, but I'm getting a free copy of it with the PS4...so probably will play it a bit just to see the remastered version. One of my favorite games of all time. I have a PS+ account already, assuming I can use the same account for both devices? I tend to gravitate towards action / adventure type games and some sports stuff as well (racing, golf, madden etc). FPS games I don't really like on consoles....don't feel like I have nearly the control I do w/ a mouse and a keyboard. Maybe I can get used to it though.
It's nice, you don't realize how different it can be until you get lost in it again. Plus if you got the same type of deal I did with it and GTAV, you'll get the DLC too which I didn't play through on the PS3 so you have that to look forward to.

Yep, connect all your devices to 1 account. I have a Vita as well so I get all the free games for each month, but I don't really play my PS3 anymore so some of those I don't get to take advantage of, the great thing is though, make sure when the games come out you purchase all of them whether you own the system or not, as some of them are cross play, so if you don't own the vita make sure you get the games that come out for free anyway because if they are cross play you can play them on the PS4 still. and some day if you get a vita boom all the games are there. When I finally got my Vita I had over a years worth of free games I had gotten from PS+ just sitting there waiting for me.

Sports and racing I don't do anymore, kind of got tired of buying the new one every year, but you can never really go wrong with Madden or NHL. Action Adventure I'd have to think about. I've only had my machine since thanksgiving and I"ve been pretty focused on over indulging on single games at a time, I'm not even sure what all is out there. Other than the ones I've talked about above. I hear FarCry is great, but I refuse to give Ubisoft any more of my money willingly. It's not out yet, but I can't wait for the new batman game. Infamous is maybe too shootery for you but it's a PS exclusive and I've had a lot of fun with the series. I haven't played the full second son, but played the expansion. If you bought it when it was on PS+ for free then I would suggest starting off with that, it's short but the gameplay is fun I think it's called second son First Light. Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor is another one that folks rav about but I haven't had the time to buy yet. And well as Dragon Age which there is a whole thread here, but I was too put off by the series direction to get excited about it but it seems it's really good. Dying light for that zombie survival itch. And of course there are a shit ton of indie games

I guess to sum it up, I hope you've been purchasing all the PS+ free games for the PS4 in anticipation of getting one because that means on day one you have about 35 game backlog right now... haha. Those and bloodborne will keep you plenty busy.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wasn't thinking ahead, but that's a really good idea moving forward :)

Arkham Knight looks amazing. I loved the others in the series. There's a few others I'm really looking forward to, but not out for awhile (Metal Gear 5, Uncharted 4 etc).

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Give Bloodborne a look if you haven't yet. Looks pretty fucking awesome.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I want to give Bloodborne a look but I got so frustrated at the learning curve of Demon souls that I'm not sure I can play bloodborne without putting a controller through my screen. haha. I think Uncharted 4 is going to be incredible. I know it's sacrilege, but I never got into metal gear and wouldn't even know where to start with it. I never got the big deal but people go apeshit for it. I think it was because I discovered it in the middle of it's time when it had already started kind of just tropeing itself. If I would have found it earlier I would have gotten into it more or later when it was a more finished product.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any good online shooter games like Call of duty but not call of duty lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Any good online shooter games like Call of duty but not call of duty lol

Ummm... Battlefield maybe? I got Battlefield 3 and my buddy loves 4, but I'm not that great at shooters and there is a very tight learning curve on it, at least for me. Destiny to me is a great shooter for the PvP part, but there is a lot of other stuff involved there which is why they call it more of a MMORPG... it's not really RPG to me, but to level up it's not just about killing more, you have to get the right equipment which can be random at times and there is a lot more other stuff to it.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Really tempted to get a ps4. Microsoft has been pissing me off. We have almost no exclusives . Bloodborne normally isn't my type of game but it looks great. Really want to play it.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Give Bloodborne a look if you haven't yet. Looks pretty fucking awesome.

Bloodborne is excellent, best game on PS4 no doubt. Dark Souls II complete comes out today also, what a great time to be a Souls fan.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I want to give Bloodborne a look but I got so frustrated at the learning curve of Demon souls that I'm not sure I can play bloodborne without putting a controller through my screen. haha. I think Uncharted 4 is going to be incredible. I know it's sacrilege, but I never got into metal gear and wouldn't even know where to start with it. I never got the big deal but people go apeshit for it. I think it was because I discovered it in the middle of it's time when it had already started kind of just tropeing itself. If I would have found it earlier I would have gotten into it more or later when it was a more finished product.

Bloodborne gets a bit easier after the second boss, definitely easier than Demons Souls, which is the hardest and least accessible in the series.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Really tempted to get a ps4. Microsoft has been pissing me off. We have almost no exclusives . Bloodborne normally isn't my type of game but it looks great. Really want to play it.

It seems those sticking to the X1 just can't get over Halo and Gears of War. Everytime I ask someone with an XBone why they decided to get one, the answer is always "HALO" or "my achievements". Never fails. I loved Halo in the past, but that franchise stopped being great after Halo 3 and Bungies departure. And the Master Chief collection? Those games already had their life. Its clear that the PS4 is going to be the front runner for a very long time, and the exclusive trend towards the PS4 will continue because of that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Gears of War was the only reason I ever considered an Xbox. But PS had God of War, so yeah. People ask me why I didn't get an X1 so I can play them online, and I keep trying to explain to them that PS4 has waaaaaay better games. And the reason I get the system is for the games. So far the only game I couldn't get on PS4, I was able to buy for my PC anyway (Ryse: Son of Rome. Got it for $20 on sale).

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
It seems those sticking to the X1 just can't get over Halo and Gears of War. Everytime I ask someone with an XBone why they decided to get one, the answer is always "HALO" or "my achievements". Never fails. I loved Halo in the past, but that franchise stopped being great after Halo 3 and Bungies departure. And the Master Chief collection? Those games already had their life. Its clear that the PS4 is going to be the front runner for a very long time, and the exclusive trend towards the PS4 will continue because of that.

I think you're painting with a broad brush there. My friends and I that got the Xbox One didn't even consider getting Halo or Gears when we got the system. I had both the PS3 and 360 and I hated the PS online. It just didn't hold a stick to Xbox Live. As far as exclusives go, the only exclusive that PS has that I would like to play is Uncharted. MY biggest reason for getting an xbox and sticking with xbox is the controller. I think having both the analog on the bottom of the controller is really uncomfortable to play. As far as exclusives go, I think PS has better RPG exclusives. Multiplayer on the other hand I don't even think it's comparable. Even with a third party blockbuster like COD, MS gets timed exclusive's.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I might be getting a PS4 in June from a buddy of mine. Any game recs? Generally I like RPG type games and/or action/adventure types. I generally suck at FPS games, but depending on story/gameplay I'd be open to that kind of game too. Also might be looking at some games I could play online with a few of my other friends who recently got PS4s.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So I might be getting a PS4 in June from a buddy of mine. Any game recs? Generally I like RPG type games and/or action/adventure types. I generally suck at FPS games, but depending on story/gameplay I'd be open to that kind of game too. Also might be looking at some games I could play online with a few of my other friends who recently got PS4s.
Other than the classic... read the damn thread response, hhaha. I suggest last of us to anyone. Otherwise, PS4 and with all the current gen consoles really are still reving up their catalog so it's hard to suggest titles that aren't shooters or sequels or things of that nature because of the development cycle. I think we're just now getting into the timing where developement of the really big AAA games created specifically to take advantage of current gen are just getting started to come out. It's still a relatively new system when you think about it, and developers had to relearn the architecture from ps3 to ps4 a bit even though it's back to something they are more familiar with on PCs... but I think there is a reason why until now most of the games have been ports or quick sequels and a lot of the big PS4 only games have been delayed.

What I will say, is June... that's just in time to get the new Batman game when it comes out. The new trailer makes it look fantastic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Other than the classic... read the damn thread response, hhaha. I suggest last of us to anyone. Otherwise, PS4 and with all the current gen consoles really are still reving up their catalog so it's hard to suggest titles that aren't shooters or sequels or things of that nature because of the development cycle. I think we're just now getting into the timing where developement of the really big AAA games created specifically to take advantage of current gen are just getting started to come out. It's still a relatively new system when you think about it, and developers had to relearn the architecture from ps3 to ps4 a bit even though it's back to something they are more familiar with on PCs... but I think there is a reason why until now most of the games have been ports or quick sequels and a lot of the big PS4 only games have been delayed.

What I will say, is June... that's just in time to get the new Batman game when it comes out. The new trailer makes it look fantastic.
Well I read this page and got a handful of ideas lol. Just trying to see if any fresh ideas would surface or any kind of helpful info would result of the bump/specific genres. I'm not very up to date on what's going on in the gaming world.

Batman definitely may be worth looking into. Was also considering that Shadows of Mordor game.