2018-19 Season Long Game Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
For talking about games on game day. Keep the other regular season stuff, changes, rumors, to the regular season thread.

0S2fdch.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Game 1​

Chicago (0-0) @ Philadelphia (0-0)

CHI.svg
@
PHI.svg

Date: Thursday, October 18
Tip-off: 7:00 p.m. CST
TV: TNT
Radio: 670 The Score
Season series: First meeting between the two teams.​

wallsfargo.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Keep this thread for all IGT. I'll update with new posts throughout to separate the games.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
*sigh*

I'm just glad basketball season is back.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But hey.. new glasses partnership!

I was so bummed to see they had a fucking sun glasses stand from the Woodfield Mall on the jerseys this year. Get Dunkin Donuts or Portillo's as the sponsor.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know this is going to come across as totally sarcastic.... but I can't wait to watch the Bulls go 30-52. I hope this season goes similar to how the 2014-15 Cubs seasons went -- you see the obvious struggles of a young team learning and growing together, but you also see them developing chemistry and improving.

My expectations are really high for Carter -- he has all the tools and disposition to be an All-Star. Hopefully Lauri can transition back in after his injury and we can have a nice scoring punch with him, LaVine and Carter. Defense, especially on the perimeter, is probably going to be non-existent. Oh well -- I'm glad Bulls basketball is back.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know this is going to come across as totally sarcastic.... but I can't wait to watch the Bulls go 30-52. I hope this season goes similar to how the 2014-15 Cubs seasons went -- you see the obvious struggles of a young team learning and growing together, but you also see them developing chemistry and improving.

My expectations are really high for Carter -- he has all the tools and disposition to be an All-Star. Hopefully Lauri can transition back in after his injury and we can have a nice scoring punch with him, LaVine and Carter. Defense, especially on the perimeter, is probably going to be non-existent. Oh well -- I'm glad Bulls basketball is back.
I feel like if they're healthy, they're a playoff team in the East. But who knows. They already aren't healthy though, so they may get off to a horrid start.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish being a playoff team in the East meant something.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel like if they're healthy, they're a playoff team in the East. But who knows. They already aren't healthy though, so they may get off to a horrid start.
I feel like a run towards the 8th seed is best case scenario. Boston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, and Indiana are locks, to me. Washington, Miami, Charlotte, Detroit, and Cleveland figure to be much more equipped to battle for the last 3 spots. I have the Bulls in the same boat as the Knicks -- interesting talent to keep me going, but not enough defense and injury question keep them out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The team has potential to have exciting offensive games, but we all know they're going nowhere unless one of these guys magically takes the steps to stardom. That or we strike gold in the non lottery portion of the draft again because our current trajectory places us just outside. We'll see what happens though, at least the NBA is back.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm pumped to know that Golden State will win again.
You never know.... their entire starting five could die? I'm more interested to see if they keep their core together after this season. If they win again, I would bet Durant leaves for NY.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming they don't choke and actually lose to Houston this time.

I don't think that will happen. I honestly think Carmelo is just a cancer. Maybe not as a teammate (or maybe, idk), but as a player.

You never know.... their entire starting five could die? I'm more interested to see if they keep their core together after this season. If they win again, I would bet Durant leaves for NY.

I mean, yeah, if there are some major injuries, then things could change. But at that point, it would be 1 of 2 teams that will win it all then.

The NBA will be interesting again once this super-mega-ultra team gets broken up. IMO.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think that will happen. I honestly think Carmelo is just a cancer. Maybe not as a teammate (or maybe, idk), but as a player.

I mean, yeah, if there are some major injuries, then things could change. But at that point, it would be 1 of 2 teams that will win it all then.

The NBA will be interesting again once this super-mega-ultra team gets broken up. IMO.
It wont matter, because you still have teams that are stockpiled and ha e enough flexibility to stay ahead of the curve. Unless a team like Utah or Milwaukee strikes gold again, most teams are just playing for the participation trophy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wont matter, because you still have teams that are stockpiled and ha e enough flexibility to stay ahead of the curve. Unless a team like Utah or Milwaukee strikes gold again, most teams are just playing for the participation trophy.

The NBA is in an awful state where most of the talent ends up congregated on like 2 rosters and everyone else is left high and dry with no chance of really competing. Not that I'm expecting it to be like the NFL where the parity is strong, but we're very much on the other extreme right now.

Not sure what the fix is...but there's probably a lot of incompetent GMs out there.

Reactions: BNB