Catch all Season thread

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like most of us from old IHN and even before I've never really been a fan of Tommy Hawk.
I might reevaluate my position.
Who the fuck hits a mascot anyway?
It could be anyone in that suit. Could be a 19 year old girl or some retired goon like Ryan Vandenbussche.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;NPY3Cu2R1SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPY3Cu2R1SI[/video]

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Crawford to IR, I think the general consensus is IF crow comes back from this one, he should walk away. Maybe the 8 months of healing will get him back alright, but he has a family to worry about and hopefully we wont hear about him donating his brain to science for a long time. Should be the final excuse to blow this team up. Wonder who might be looking to get to Philly.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Watch it again. EK clearly hooks up Strome's stick and clearly pushes him into Crawford.

I'm not saying EK did it maliciously or that it was anything but a freak accident, but hockey code 100% dictates that if your team is not a bunch of pussies and is in fact a team and not a collection of players, you take the offender to task for it. Even if the team didn't want to kill off a retaliation penalty (and the good teams gladly kill them off), as soon as SJ scored the try or the touchdown, you tap Martensen or Hayden and start having them target EK, or even making a few runs at Dell.

This is hockey. Don't believe me? A few games ago Toews gave Holtby a lovetap and all 5 caps tried to give him the business. That's an example of a good hockey team. The 'hawks? Anything but. At one point Toews, Keith, and Seabrook would have dropped 'em for a teammate (sometimes over less). Hell, even Debrincat was willing to drop 'em over less.

Epic fail by the 'hawks.

As for Crawford...we'll see. Crosby took a few concussions as well and is fine. 1st step is to fully heal up. From there if he wants to hang 'em up I won't blame him--he's already one of the best goaltenders to ever lace 'em up for the 'hawks and has done his bit for Indianhead and Nation. But, if he's willing to come back, his family is on board, and 100% cleared and ready to play--that is behind 18 guys who do not support him and do not have his back? I'd take him back. He's the best in the system, the best we got playing behind no defense, and quite frankly is the best mentor for Delia, Nalimov, etc. on what it takes to play behind a group of skaters who constantly bail on them.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Like most of us from old IHN and even before I've never really been a fan of Tommy Hawk.
I might reevaluate my position.
Who the fuck hits a mascot anyway?
It could be anyone in that suit. Could be a 19 year old girl or some retired goon like Ryan Vandenbussche.

My first thought was holy shit it could have been some 19 year old women in that suit as I've seen in the past where women have been the mascots because they were better than the men at the tumbling and such. What kind of jackhole attacks someone in a mascot suit, and what kind of idiot attacks a person they know nothing about.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Suck about Crow. I think it's definitely time to evaluate the long term health of his relationship with Hockey. Especially from a goalie who can get a concussion from any puck to the head. Sucks for him but on the brighter side at least this helps the tanking movement.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Watch it again. EK clearly hooks up Strome's stick and clearly pushes him into Crawford.

I'm not saying EK did it maliciously or that it was anything but a freak accident, but hockey code 100% dictates that if your team is not a bunch of pussies and is in fact a team and not a collection of players, you take the offender to task for it. Even if the team didn't want to kill off a retaliation penalty (and the good teams gladly kill them off), as soon as SJ scored the try or the touchdown, you tap Martensen or Hayden and start having them target EK, or even making a few runs at Dell.

This is hockey. Don't believe me? A few games ago Toews gave Holtby a lovetap and all 5 caps tried to give him the business. That's an example of a good hockey team. The 'hawks? Anything but. At one point Toews, Keith, and Seabrook would have dropped 'em for a teammate (sometimes over less). Hell, even Debrincat was willing to drop 'em over less.

Epic fail by the 'hawks.

As for Crawford...we'll see. Crosby took a few concussions as well and is fine. 1st step is to fully heal up. From there if he wants to hang 'em up I won't blame him--he's already one of the best goaltenders to ever lace 'em up for the 'hawks and has done his bit for Indianhead and Nation. But, if he's willing to come back, his family is on board, and 100% cleared and ready to play--that is behind 18 guys who do not support him and do not have his back? I'd take him back. He's the best in the system, the best we got playing behind no defense, and quite frankly is the best mentor for Delia, Nalimov, etc. on what it takes to play behind a group of skaters who constantly bail on them.

We all see what we see, why not hammer Strome for giving the high stick to his team mate then? It would have been different if either shark was the one that flew into Crow, but it was not, they were both going opposite directions. We all know Strome has no mind for any defense so he is lost being where he was put in that situation. Like I say, Murphy was right there and saw it more than us disgruntled fans did and he has been dishing out some hits.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks the Hawks should have responded with a fight against the Sharks is a dumbass mouthbreathing meatball.

It was a hockey play gone wrong.

Learn the game.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, OUR Chicago Blackhawks showed up against the nasty predators yesterday, Both Rinne and Ward made some incredible saves and spending the third period waiting for the hawks to give the game away, even though there was an onslaught of extra attacker for 3 minutes came up huge.

Artie took center back from Strome on the Kane line and Strome was clearly out of place. There were probably three or four times in the first where he was just standing at the blue line waiting to enter the zone and getting hit with pucks. We need Strome at his 55% at the dot, not Arties 40.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone who thinks the Hawks should have responded with a fight against the Sharks is a dumbass mouthbreathing meatball.

It was a hockey play gone wrong.

Learn the game.

Whatever bandwagonner.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Says the moron who thinks that was a dirty play, lmao.
Says the guy who knows less about hockey than HF50.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, I am starting to hear that the hawks are finding their identity. I actually saw Brent Seabrook really check someone last night, and it was not colliding with his own guy. The team looked fast, forechecked, back checked, gus made some nice cutoffs and Forsling looked good too 3-0 lead, a tough goal, a tougher goal as Ward was covering the puck but these guys are actually looking like a hockey team again. I could hope they mix up the lineup some, but Haydon is looking good, Strome is playing wing so Artie can cover center defense, but taking faceoffs to cover Artis problems. I think JC is making some good calls now and its still we with the bad and they with the good.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Says the guy who knows less about hockey than HF50.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I've gotten better comprehending HF50 posts

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All I know it's nice to see an aggressive forecheck finally. Saw more taking the body instead of stick checking. Like the way they been playing.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did the Hawks win three games in a row or did I somehow fall into a hole in the space time continuum?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did the Hawks win three games in a row or did I somehow fall into a hole in the space time continuum?

They won against Nashville, Dallas and Colorado, Dallas and Colorado on the road. Man, they looked completely gassed last night, but somehow pulled it out. Delia looks to be a heavy goalie who starts to lift the net off the morings every time he hits it.

I dont know, did something change with the system when Crow got hit? Did the league shorten the supports so the net leaves quicker because that net in colorado was bouncing alot?