Uman85 here with your fantasy football rankings for week 9. Byes are beginning to wind down, so a lot of your teams should be close to full strength. So, without further ado, here are the top 10 at each position for week 9.
Top 10 Quarterbacks
1) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay – He’s yet to put up less than 21 points in standard ESPN scoring leagues and coming off a bye week, he’ll be ready to roll in San Diego this Sunday. After seeing Cassel move the ball with relative ease, you should get the popcorn ready and enjoy the spectacle Rodgers is going to put on if he’s on your fantasy team.
2) Drew Brees, New Orleans – Two weeks removed from a 62-7 pasting of the Colts, Brees and the Saints will look to rebound against the Bucs after a shocking loss in St. Louis this past weekend. The Bucs field one of the worst passing defenses in the league and head to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, where the Saints are lights out.
3) Tom Brady, New England – After a tough battle in Pittsburgh and a subpar passing performance, the Giants are the perfect team for Brady and the Pats to look to for a rebound. The Giants have been suspect at stopping the pass all year and now will face one of the most prolific passing offenses in the league. Have fun, New York.
4) Michael Vick, Philadelphia – After lighting up the Cowboys D, Vick gets the Bears this Monday night whose passing D is less than stellar. With a secondary that has been burned by the deep ball this year, Vick and his receiving corps should be salivating at the chance to exploit the Bears’ weakness this Monday.
5) Eli Manning, New York – If the Giants have any chance to compete with the Patriots this Sunday, Eli will have to match Brady’s performance on Sunday. Lucky for him, the Patriots D is even more inferior than New York’s. A shootout looms at Gilette Stadium this Sunday.
6)Tony Romo, Dallas
7) Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh
8) Matt Schaub, Houston
9) Matt Ryan, Atlanta
10) Philip Rivers, San Diego
Top 10 Running Backs
1) Arian Foster, Houston – Foster has been on fire lately and the torching should reach a new blaze against a mediocre rush D of Cleveland on Sunday. Time for Arian to feast again.
2) Matt Forte, Chicago – Forte is having a phenomenal year for the Bears. He’s yet to been slowed down and the Eagles are not the team that’s going to do it. Their run D has been lit up like a Christmas tree all year and Matt is about to put the star on top of it.
3) Fred Jackson, Buffalo – Jackson is having a career year in Buffalo and hasn’t been impeded yet. Don’t look for the Jets to slow him down at all. They have one of the softest run defenses in the game. Jackson will have a field day.
4) LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia – Nobody has been playing as well as McCoy lately. He’ll face a challenge on Monday against a solid front 7 of Chicago, but he’ll put up enough points to warrant a start over anyone else you may have on your roster.
5) Michael Turner, Atlanta – The Colts have allowed the third-most fantasy points per game to running backs. Turner will only help to continue that trend for Indy. Luck anyone?
6) Ray Rice, Baltimore
7) Frank Gore, San Francisco
8) Steven Jackson, St. Louis
9) LeGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay
10) Beanie Wells, Arizona
Top 10 Wide Receivers
1) Greg Jennings, Green Bay – After Cassel and the Chiefs passed with ease against the Chargers, Jennings should bolt all over the field with Rodgers at the helm this Sunday.
2) Wes Welker, New England – Welker has been quiet as of late, but he should break out against the Giants. The Manning-Welker connection should see a revival in a big way Sunday.
3) Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh – They’re facing the Ravens, but Wallace can’t be contained. If Roethlisberger begins to spread the ball around, that should free up Wallace for a big day.
4) Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona – It doesn’t matter who is throwing the ball in Arizona, Fitzgerald is one of the best receivers in the game and is going to get his targets and his touches. After a couple subpar days, going against St. Louis gives the Cardinals and Fitzgerald a recipe for success.
5) Roddy White, Atlanta – The Colts haven’t been able to stop anyone’s passing attack. White is the # 1 receiver for Matt Ryan. He’ll get touches early and often. A big day is in store for Roddy as the Falcons will soar over the Colts.
6) Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City
7) A.J. Green, Cincinnati
8) Marques Colston, New Orleans
9) Dez Bryant, Dallas
10) Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis
Top 10 Tight Ends
1) Jimmy Graham, New Orleans
2) Jason Witten, Dallas
3) Owen Daniels, Houston
4) Antonio Gates, San Diego
5) Aaron Hernandez, New England
6) Fred Davis, Washington
7) Rob Gronkowski, New England
8) Jermichael Finley, Green Bay
9) Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta
10) Vernon Davis, San Francisco
Top 10 Kickers
1) Dan Bailey, Dallas
2) Stephen Gostkowski, New England
3) Mason Crosby, Green Bay
4) John Kasay, New Orleans
5) David Akers, San Francisco
6) Nick Novak, San Diego
7) Neil Rackers, Houston
8) Matt Bryant, Atlanta
9) Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland
10) Billy Cundiff, Baltimore
Top 10 Defense/Special Teams Units
1) Baltimore Ravens
2) San Francisco 49ers
3) Pittsburgh Steelers
4) Cincinnati Bengals
5) Dallas Cowboys
6) Houston Texans
7) New York Jets
8) Green Bay Packers
9) New Orleans Saints
10) Kansas City Chiefs
Those are my ranks for week 9. Until next week, good luck!