The Bears have released their preseason depth chart in anticipation of Friday night’s opener vs the Eagles in Chicago. Eyes will be planted on the following battles heading into preseason…
- Who will be the backup QB? Jordan Palmer or Jimmy Clausen, with Fales as the 3rd candidate. Fales would need a stellar preseason to emerge as even a contestant in the battle.
- Marquess Wilson and Eric Weems are listed behind Marshall/Jeffery with Bellamy, Williams, Edwards, Morgon, Spurlock, and Moss all vying for the remaining spots.
- Shaun Draughn has emerged as the #2 RB behind Matt Forte. Barring injury or underperforming in preseason, it appears locked up (slightly pre-mature prediction on my part).
- Dante Rosario is pinned as the #2 TE as it currently stands. Competition between Miller, Mulligan, and Mustrud could get very interesting as they could be battling for a spot on the practice squad.
- The Shea McClellin Project is in full swing as he’s listed as a start at the SLB with Bostic and Williams sharing the role in the middle.
- This might be the most interesting “battle” of the preseason. It is virtually up for grabs between the safeties. Right now Mundy and Vereen are the starters with McCray/Jennings/Wilson vying for spots as well. Will Steltz and Conte emerge into the competition once they are healthy? Could their bags be partially packed?