The United Center is getting a major upgrade this offseason.
On Wednesday, the United Center announced that a new Cutting-Edge Scoreboard and Sound System that will be ready in time for the start of the 2019-20 season. This new upgrade will provide a new unparalleled gameday experience for Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks fans when they visit the United Center.
With the 2020 NBA All-Star Game being hosted in Chicago, the new upgrades will be on full display for the NBA world as the Bulls will have the chance to “show-off” their new look in the United Center.
The one-of-a-kind design will include new modern technology, a big upgrade from what the Bulls and Blackhawks currently have. Per a press release the new video board will feature:
- 8,600 square feet of 4mm pixel pitch displays making it the largest center-hung screen display with the highest resolution technology among all arenas that host both NBA and NHL teams
- Nearly four times more LED screen display than the existing scoreboard
- Kinetic movement with six independent panels
- First-of-its-kind, continuous inner ring display
- Immersive audio, production lighting and more
It doesn’t matter where you sit, the new video board will provide a new and unique experience for all fans in the arena. The new inner ring display will provide video and stats to fans closest to the floor or ice, while the increased panel size and image clarity will enhance the view from all other perspectives, including the 100-, 200-, 300- and penthouse levels.
“This new scoreboard allows us the opportunity to take the in-game experience to the next level,” said Sergio Lozano, Senior Director, Scoreboard Operations, United Center. “Fans will be blown away by the remarkable scale and unique capabilities leading to a truly captivating in-game experience.”
For sneak preview of the new experience at the United Center, please click here.