The Chicago Bears may have offensive line at the top of their agenda this offseason and there are plenty of top-tier names available in free agency. With GM Ryan Poles a former offensive lineman himself, he could look to anchor the left tackle position and open the checkbook for a three-time Pro Bowl player: Orlando Brown.
Protecting QB Justin Fields’ blindside and allowing the young playmaker to get through all his reads without having to run for his life would be ideal in 2022. In this 2022 Bears Free Agent Breakdown, let’s break down how Brown may be a foundational piece for the Bears in the years to come.
Orlando Brown Jr. | Offensive Tackle | 2022: Kansas City Chiefs
Height: 6′ 8″
Weight: 363 lbs
Age: 25 years (May 2, 1996)
NFL Experience: 4 Years
Orlando Brown Jr. Scouting Highlights
- Massive frame combined with outstanding arm length make him a challenge to get around
- Able to seal down blocks with his huge frame alone
- Nasty finisher who is looking to intimidate and overwhelm the man across from him
- Linebackers looking to take on his second level blocks can be engulfed
- Hands are heavy in pass protection and in run game
- Kick-slides gain impressive ground in setting out to edge rushers
What people are saying about Orlando Brown
“As far as Orlando, he was a guy that had a dream to play left tackle and had a small sample size of him playing left tackle at Baltimore. He’s another unique character too where when you talk about a culture and when you talk about a guy that does everything the right way, Orlando Brown is in the category.” – Chiefs GM Brett Veach
“Brown has now been a Pro Bowler at both right and left tackle. He’s also been able to excel in the run-heavy Baltimore Ravens offense and the pass-oriented Kansas City attack. Brown is a tremendous fit at either tackle spot and in virtually any system.” – Kristopher Knox, Bleacher Report
Projected Contract (Spotrac.com): 5 years, $116.5 million
Make sure to check out our Bears forum for the latest on the team.