The Fire have been highly active in the past weeks, signing two Homegrown Players. The Fire announced on Tuesday that the club had re-signed Homegrown Player Kellen Gulley after he had been loaned to the NASL Atlanta Silverbacks for the 2013 season.
Other Fire Notes:
- The Fire also announced on Tuesday that the club has re-signed 2013 SuperDraft pick Yazid Atouba.
- Drew Epperley of WVHooligan.com has compiled an updated version of the allocation order, as the Fire are currently eighth on the list.
- Adam Merges of HotTimeInOldTown.com authored an excellent breakdown of the Fire’s roster and salary cap situations. One key piece many may have forgotten by now? Federico Puppo is still under contract and occupies one of the club’s designated player slots. Give it a read.
- The signings of United States international midfielder Michael Bradley and England international striker Jermain Defoe with Toronto FC make the Canadian side a legitimate threat to make its first playoff appearance. Having entered the league in 2007, Toronto have been far slower to earn a playoff berth than Vancouver and Montreal, as both teams earned playoff berths in their second seasons of play.
- The New York Red Bulls have been linked to a pair of high-profile names in Galatasaray’s Didier Drogba and Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez. With Thierry Henry likely nearing the end of his career in New York and New York City FC set to join the league in 2015, the next few years will be key for the franchise’s long-term future.
For More Great Chicago Sports Content
Follow us on Twitter at @chicitysports23 for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Chicago sports news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE