Weather

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I noticed there's a large amount rain passing through Pittsburgh. Looks like the first hour or so of the DET vs PIT will be in heavy rain. Wonder how this will effect this game given that Pittsburgh's field is supposed to be the worst in football.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They never used to do a thing for lightning and I don't remember an NFL player being struck.

About 15 years ago they called a preseason game because of lightning. Granted, it was preseason, but you're post is fairly wrong. It just doesn't come up all that often.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'm at the game.

Very warn and so far so good but it can get ugly. All these fans piling into the concourse won't be fun.

They are popping in with emergency announcements every 15 min. Evacuation plan from Joniak being announced now.
They aren't fucking around

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
We might hold off in mccormick tunnell.. On r way to stadium but dnt wanna b in a situation w lots of ppl.. Keep me updated guys thanks

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
So far so good. Punt pass and kick going on now. 21 min to kickoff and ok. Wife is the western burbs and says it's pouring

She's watching nbc 5 and brant miller said surprised they aren't delaying the start. The clouds are moving insanely fast. Moving to the northeast.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I noticed there's a large amount rain passing through Pittsburgh. Looks like the first hour or so of the DET vs PIT will be in heavy rain. Wonder how this will effect this game given that Pittsburgh's field is supposed to be the worst in football.

With ours a close 2nd place :smh:

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
With it being so windy the 1st half is going to go buy quick with both teams trying to run more because of it...If the wind is blowin to the NE it'll be interesting to see if they attempt to throw to that corner of the endzone...

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
SOB, One of the few times the game is televised down here and the channel is showing nothing but the "Storm Watch" shit, and they loove to milk it too....

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Winning the coin toss is important in this game

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not good, we lost the coin toss. Ravens will have the wind behind them in1st and 4th qtrs

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
About 15 years ago they called a preseason game because of lightning. Granted, it was preseason, but you're post is fairly wrong. It just doesn't come up all that often.

I hardly said a game was never delayed by lightning. Maybe your reading comprehension is fairly wrong.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
So far so good. Punt pass and kick going on now. 21 min to kickoff and ok. Wife is the western burbs and says it's pouring

She's watching nbc 5 and brant miller said surprised they aren't delaying the start. The clouds are moving insanely fast. Moving to the northeast.

NFL blew this one, why start a game then have to delay it...made no sense.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Lots of lives changed and folks in distress today, Peoria, Washington Ill. area got hit hard. Semis overturned on the Poplar St. Bridge in St. Louis and lots of wind damage, but dodged another bullet down here. Hope you all are ok, and prayers for those who aren't..

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is bear weather now an issue since Trestman just passed 3x into wind with 1st and goal on 2 yd line?!? wtf Trestman don't overthink it!!!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Was at the game yesterday and was a posting a bit from my phone during all the craziness in the game thread. Of course, we saw the obligatory 'it's just rain, pussies' comments and the ubiquitous 'Bear Weather' nonsense.

Just because I'm an argumentative bastige, I felt like bitching. Yes, it was inconvenient. Yes it was boring. Yes it cause many already buzzed dumbasses to become very drunk dumbasses. Yes, my DVR didn't tape the whole thing.

Tough shit.

They did a great job at Soldier Field. Pre warnings, announcements, et al. Of course, you had the 'we ain't moving' dipshits in the 400 level, but it all worked out. For those who offered such deep and well thought out musings of 'the pussification of America'...yes, we are in fact pussified, but this has nothing to do with it.

There were 60,000 souls in one place that is open and featured steep wet stairs. Many were drunk.

This 'it's just rain' consisted of/accounted for:

- 77+ downed tornadoes
- 6 dead and possibly growing.
- Hundreds of homes and lives destroyed
- certain towns (Washington) experienced 'utter devastation'
- Washington, IL experienced an F4

THAT was the storm system that was moving on Soldier Field.

But hey, people's Sunday afternoon on the couch wolfing down Cheetos was interrupted.

131117154308-04-weather-1117-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
What does this thread have to do with football?