Weather

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't really spent much time reading the in game thread but I myself respect the weather and I never once thought any of these thoughts. Then again I wasn't drunk either. I'm not entirely sure why this has anything to do with the "pussification of America" but I think you might be overreacting a bit. People say stupid shit when their schedules are interrupted.

The Burning Bear

Liked Posts:
I'm not entirely sure why this has anything to do with the "pussification of America" but I think you might be overreacting a bit.

It was something someone said in the in-game thread, something like 'the game being delayed because of a storm is an example of the pussification of America' or some shit, can't remember exactly.

Nick80

Maybe, going out on a limb here, it's just a football game. I understand the viewpoint whole heartedly.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Oh and can we finally get rid of the 'Bear Weather' stupidity? It's a dopey meatball sentiment that has no basis in reality.

There's no indication that shitty weather makes the Bears play any better and/or win football. That last two 'Bear Weather' games? I can recall two in the last 8 years. NFC Championship against NO - the Bears won because they were the BETTER team. I also recall the Bears/NE game about 4 years ago and NE spanked the Bears in 'Bear Weather'

Not to mention that many other teams play in outdoor cold weather - 'Bear Weather' - stadiums - Pitt, Buff, Jets/Giants, Pats, Cleveland, Wash.

Let's also mention that the majority of NFL players (including most on the Bears) grew up in warm weather climates and played their college ball in warm weather climates. Hell, college football season is over when most bad weather hits anyway. For most of the NFL players (from the South), the biggest 'weather' they face is extremely HOT on-field conditions in September (remember Clowney being exhausted playing in 98 degree weather in South Carolina's opener?).

Let's see for giggles:

Cutler - Vanderbilt
McCown - Sam Houston State
Martellus - A&M
Alshon - South Carolina
Forte - Tulane
Briggs - Arizona
Peanut - Louisiana-Lafayette
Devin - Miami
Marshall - Central Florida
Jennings - Georgia
Bennett - Vandy
Peppers - North Carolina
Major - Florida
Melton - Texas

Yep, bastions of 'Bear Weather' - those college schedules!!!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It was something someone said in the in-game thread, something like 'the game being delayed because of a storm is an example of the pussification of America' or some shit, can't remember exactly.

There were multiple comments about it and then some about 'putting domes/roofs' and back and forth silliness.

There were also a couple I heard on the post game radio call ins from the car.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL on a roll this morning eh Fatbabies?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
There were multiple comments about it and then some about 'putting domes/roofs' and back and forth silliness.

There were also a couple I heard on the post game radio call ins from the car.

Then I understand your pain.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, that was one guy. A few other people made some comments, but who knows how much they were joking. Most people understood the delay and even gave a "stay safe" to the people who were posting from Soldier Field.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
What does this thread have to do with football?

It was in regards to the comments made on the game thread, but them again, what does ANY post/thread on this forum have to do with football?

Every thread devolves into childish cockfights and 'your mother's a whore' comments anyway.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Then I understand your pain.

Not pain, just Bill Burr style bitching (check him out if you don't know him).

Oh, and Jenna Marbles has the best rack on erf - ridiculous body. Very funny. You'd probably want to punch her in the skull after a while, but dem tittays.....

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It was in regards to the comments made on the game thread, but them again, what does ANY post/thread on this forum have to do with football?

Every thread devolves into childish cockfights and 'your mother's a whore' comments anyway.

There are sections for things not football.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I would love to lose the natural grass in Soldier Field, the one guy on our team that benefits from these conditions is Forte. He's a mudder. He looks to have the same speed and cutting as good turf while everybody else loses a step.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

You have a point

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was amazing that no humans were in all of those ripped up seats when the tornado hit. Well done Chicago.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_mnwyw2l0UF1qadt6to1_400.gif

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Was at the game yesterday and was a posting a bit from my phone during all the craziness in the game thread. Of course, we saw the obligatory 'it's just rain, pussies' comments and the ubiquitous 'Bear Weather' nonsense.

Just because I'm an argumentative bastige, I felt like bitching. Yes, it was inconvenient. Yes it was boring. Yes it cause many already buzzed dumbasses to become very drunk dumbasses. Yes, my DVR didn't tape the whole thing.

Tough shit.

They did a great job at Soldier Field. Pre warnings, announcements, et al. Of course, you had the 'we ain't moving' dipshits in the 400 level, but it all worked out. For those who offered such deep and well thought out musings of 'the pussification of America'...yes, we are in fact pussified, but this has nothing to do with it.

There were 60,000 souls in one place that is open and featured steep wet stairs. Many were drunk.

This 'it's just rain' consisted of/accounted for:

- 77+ downed tornadoes
- 6 dead and possibly growing.
- Hundreds of homes and lives destroyed
- certain towns (Washington) experienced 'utter devastation'
- Washington, IL experienced an F4

THAT was the storm system that was moving on Soldier Field.

But hey, people's Sunday afternoon on the couch wolfing down Cheetos was interrupted.

131117154308-04-weather-1117-horizontal-gallery.jpg

My power is still out, my house is getting cold, I have slight damage to my house door, I had to listen to the game on the radio, just an all around shitty night last night. Nowhere near as bad as Washington though. Central Illinois took a punch yesterday. They only good thing was that the beloved won. I wish I could have seen it....

BEARS

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think the "Bear Weather" mantra is more for the fans than anyone else. Don't think it has any effect on the players anymore, especially with the ones from considerably warmer climates, as some already mentioned.

I saw reports from the Weather Channel that were calling it a 90 percent chance there were going to be tornadoes on Sunday with this storm system. I've never seen anything quite like that before.

But it does beg this question: Why didn't they move the game to a 3:15 start?