American Football>>Any sport in the world

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple? You are a fucking moran if you think soccer is simple... Not sure what your age is but there are leagues for any age...Go get into a competitive league then tell me its simple...When the Team representing the Country wins the whole country celebratres you fucking idiot....That is something that is taken very seriously...Some of these people have nothing else but soccer to hold onto and you put them down.....People like you are the reason Americans are so hated all over the world...Wake the fuck up

Do they still have that fake clock with imaginary extra time? And that imaginary moving line for offsides? I think soccer could improve a few things.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose Ice Dancing is out of the running?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple? You are a fucking moran if you think soccer is simple... Not sure what your age is but there are leagues for any age...Go get into a competitive league then tell me its simple...When the Team representing the Country wins the whole country celebratres you fucking idiot....That is something that is taken very seriously...Some of these people have nothing else but soccer to hold onto and you put them down.....People like you are the reason Americans are so hated all over the world...Wake the fuck up

Yep, I'm the "moran"

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of soccer either. I understand it's popularity. As many others have mentioned, you don't need a whole hell of a lot of equip/special fields to play. This means, every poor country can play as well. National pride is huge b/c while Cambodia can't compete with America on 100s of levels, they can compete with us in Soccer.

Too boring for me. Don't hate it though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do they still have that fake clock with imaginary extra time? And that imaginary moving line for offsides? I think soccer could improve a few things.

There is no offside line. You're offside when the ball is played forward to you and there aren't two members of the opposition closer to the goal line than you.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
What I will NEVER understand is how the fuck Lacrosse got so damn popular. What a g#y sport.

I love seeing guys get hit in the back with a stick after they just juked someone. Real classy.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no offside line. You're offside when the ball is played forward to you and there aren't two members of the opposition closer to the goal line than you.

I think of it as imaginary floating line with the last defender (not the goalie).

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Spartan, I think the problem is that you've watched many soccer games but never really tried to understand it. I used to not like football at first too, but then I started reading more about it and it's history and started to understand the strategies and now I love it and never miss a game. You can't really appreciate a sport if you don't understand it's tactics. And you're stupid if you think soccer doesn't need strategy.

So, you don't like imaginary lines but you still watch football. Right.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan, I think the problem is that you've watched many soccer games but never really tried to understand it. I used to not like football at first too, but then I started reading more about it and it's history and started to understand the strategies and now I love it and never miss a game. You can't really appreciate a sport if you don't understand it's tactics. And you're stupid if you think soccer doesn't need strategy.

I do like those imaginary lines. I also like what they did with the numbers on the field on TV in the snow this weekend. I don't recall seeing that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hey, I let my kids play it and even watched their games as much as it pained me. I think it's something that has to be bred into you in order for you to have tolerance for it. I see it for what it is, an incredibly boring game that nationalists view as some kind of war. Its fans, except Bearmick, are mindless followers overinflated with national pride.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Hey, I let my kids play it and even watched their games as much as it pained me. I think it's something that has to be bred into you in order for you to have tolerance for it. I see it for what it is, an incredibly boring game that nationalists view as some kind of war. Its fans, except Bearmick, are mindless followers overinflated with national pride.

You keep playing the nationalist card but if there was an international american football championship I'm sure americans would be like that too.
Soccer is way more than what you think it is, that's all I'm saying.

Also, you should stop being so absolute when telling your opinion because it's only YOUR opinion.
You keep mentioning that football is boring like it's a fact, while most people would disagree.
For some reason you think you know more than everyone else and it's not only in this thread, I've noticed

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess this turned in real thread/discussion? Might as well teach the masses some truth.

The best all around sport in the world is American football. Best for TV, best for overall strategy, best for a variety of shapes and sizes. From Darren Sproles to Big Cat Williams, anyone can play as long as they are athletic.

The best pure team sport? Rugby. Everyone has to pass, tackle and run with the ball. Can't be a pussy. Pure team sport in every sense of the word.

End of discussion. Consider yourselves served. Speaking of served...where's the food thread already?

Spot on pal, nowhere to hide on a rugby field. It's like your QB playing LB or SS too

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You keep playing the nationalist card but if there was an international american football championship I'm sure americans would be like that too.
Soccer is way more than what you think it is, that's all I'm saying.

Also, you should stop being so absolute when telling your opinion because it's only YOUR opinion.
You keep mentioning that football is boring like it's a fact, while most people would disagree.
For some reason you think you know more than everyone else and it's not only in this thread, I've noticed

I've never said football was boring. The only things I have said were boring in this thread is soccer, golf and baseball in that order. I'm even ok with ice dancing if they have short skirts and pretty legs. My opinion is my opinion. If you get the feeling it's better than yours then that's on you, not me.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
I really REALLY want this to become a rugby vs football thread:smug2:

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
I've never said football was boring. The only things I have said were boring in this thread is soccer, golf and baseball in that order. I'm even ok with ice dancing if they have short skirts and pretty legs. My opinion is my opinion. If you get the feeling it's better than yours then that's on you, not me.

Fuck, I meant soccer. Sorry, I'm used to calling it that

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
overly-manly-man-the-best-of-L-CyvWgH.jpeg