Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd take Wright over Conte.

Having said that, it's like choosing between a kick the balls or a hammer upside the face. Neither sounds good to me.

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
The thing is safeties dont grow on trees, especially ones with 100 tackles.

I'll tell you what doesn't grow on trees: The kind of safeties who are bad enough to grade out as the worst starting safety in the entire NFL.

That takes a special kind of bad. Even one dollar of cap space on him would be a waste.

RM22

Liked Posts:
Any safety can have 100 tackles when the front 7 don't do a damn thing....

That being said I think Wright should be re-signed and given a chance, his play looked terrible this year due to no pass rush and RBs running with a head of steam at him every play.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what doesn't grow on trees: The kind of safeties who are bad enough to grade out as the worst starting safety in the entire NFL.

That takes a special kind of bad. Even one dollar of cap space on him would be a waste.

wow. So the metric u are using is for the individual Wright or the tandem of Wright and Conte? Because we all know the tandem is bad but it seems wright is the better of the two. We saw wright get burned much less. I never would have imagined wright had 100 tackles because there are many games he would be an afterthought. Like id never see him. Which is a good and bad thing. Yeah it means he isnt making a ton of plays but he wasnt getting torched like conte.

After hearing ur strong opinion, i looked at contes stats and he had 89 tackles only 11 less than wright but at least from my perspective (the eye test)was far less exploitable.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any safety can have 100 tackles when the front 7 don't do a damn thing....

That being said I think Wright should be re-signed and given a chance, his play looked terrible this year due to no pass rush and RBs running with a head of steam at him every play.

couldn't agree more. it's easy to get 100 tackles when you're attempting to make the stop on every run play

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had no clue he was a F.A this year. Hmmmm he is good when we have a decent pass rush imo

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Even with a bad line they both were awful they missed so many tackles it was nauseating.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He won't be brought back.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
See ya later Major. He takes bad angles he has poor instincts he was a guy with speed and power who has less than average instincts and his intelligence quotia seems pretty average at best.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re-signing him would be a "Major" blunder in judgement, the guy blows chunks.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Saying he had 100 tackles is misleading because I feel he doesn't have good tackling technique.

IMO you let him go. If no one signs him closer to the start of training camp give him a vet min one year deal.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Don't resign and draft a safety in the first and second round and end the madness in the secondary.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt dismiss 100 tackles as easy. first of all u gotta stay healthy and its not like ur tackling pillows. The number 1 d (seattle) has a 100 tackle safety in Earl Thomas.
Tio me this reminds me of tony parrish. He was a 100 tackle caliber guy and we let hi walk in FA becuase i guess we thought he wasnt good enough. But it hink we need to upgrade at safety. putting a stud next to conte doesnt help conte when he is on an island. Probably keep the better safety of the two at least, and put the stud next to the better one not the worst one.

Unless of course the plan is to start or draft two starting safeties. that are upgrade to wright of course. Sure we can go younger ,c heaper whatever, but the name of the game is getting better.