Keep Melton or Draft Donald

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
If you were Phil Emery and had to make a choice between keeping Melton or drafting Donald which would you choose? Personally if I had to choose only one I'd go with Donald.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
I'd like to keep Melton and draft Donald as well but if it wasn't an option and you had to choose one which would it be.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to keep Melton and draft Donald as well but if it wasn't an option and you had to choose one which would it be.

Keep Melton and draft a corner.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

If Jay Cutler didnt get signed to a long term deal and was released, who would be our QB? "If" questions dont normally work out too well on boards like these because of right now its very possible to resign Melton and draft Donald.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both, as long as Melton's recovery is progressing well.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
The problem with letting Melton walk is that you don't know that Donald will be there at 14. Every team that wants Donald will know they have to trade up in front of the Bears.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Having both would be great, but imo
is pretty unrealistic. That's a lot of resources for a single position... with all our needs on D I just don't see it, unless Melton comes a lot cheaper than I anticipate

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see how its unrealistic. Melton will not command what he was looking for at the time of the franchise tag. In fact I highly doubt any team is willing to give him a large multi-year contract at this point unless its incentive laden. As for drafting Donald well that is a matter of him falling into our laps during the draft or trading up for him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The problem with letting Melton walk is that you don't know that Donald will be there at 14. Every team that wants Donald will know they have to trade up in front of the Bears.

And you know damn well the Cowboys need DTs and won't for a minute hesitate to move up and grab Donald. In fact I anticipate this very thing happening on top of them making a run in at Melton in free agency with a higher cap number.

The Cowboys sit at 16 and the Rams sit at 13 the Rams traded back twice last year and still wound up with the player they coveted. You don't think for a minute they won't trade down and go after a WR they covet if Dallas wants to trade up for Donald?

Emery better be on his toes doing his due diligence with Dallas trying to rebuild their defense in the mold of the Bears.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is there a reason you can't do both?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
And you know damn well the Cowboys need DTs and won't for a minute hesitate to move up and grab Donald. In fact I anticipate this very thing happening on top of them making a run in at Melton in free agency with a higher cap number.

The Cowboys sit at 16 and the Rams sit at 13 the Rams traded back twice last year and still wound up with the player they coveted. You don't think for a minute they won't trade down and go after a WR they covet if Dallas wants to trade up for Donald?

Emery better be on his toes doing his due diligence with Dallas trying to rebuild their defense in the mold of the Bears.

DT are very deep in this year's draft. But your right Donald might not be there @ 14.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring back Melton on 1 year prove it deal and trade up to draft Clowney. Draft DT next year if Melton turns into Tommie Harris part II.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
WTF how are these people even allowed to post. Get a helmet

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
based on our needs I would not select a DT in the first if we had Melton. Depending on BPA I would go DE or S

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Keep Melton, trade up for DE.