General Around The League Thread

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rays reportedly close to trading Wil Myers to the Padres.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Royals sign Edinson Volquez to 2 yr/$20 mil contract.

Three team deal done

Padres get: OF Wil Myers (Rays), C Ryan Hanigan (Rays), P Jose Castillo (Rays)
Rays get: OF Steven Souza (Nats), C Rene Rivera (Padres), P Burch Smith (Padres), 1B Jake Bauers (Padres)
Nats get: SS Trea Turner (Padres), P Joe Ross (Padres)

Longo should be next..what a joke that franchise has become.

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Royals signed Kris Medlen to a 2 yr/$8.5 mil contract.

Low risk/high reward signing for them.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Rays were never going to build a sustained winner. When I pointed that out, many White Sox fans on here attacked me. Sorry that's the way it is. Talks are definitely heating up though when it comes to them moving from St. Pete to Tampa which should change things. Otherwise this franchise may look to relocate.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Padres acquire Derek Norris from the A's & then acquire Justin Upton from the Braves.

Pads with an impressive offseason.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Padres acquire Will Middlebrooks from the BoSox for Ryan Hanigan.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yankees trade Martin Prado to the Marlins.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
marlins wont be as bad

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
NL is trash.

Might as well compete for a WC.

Mets are an up and coming team too. If they can land a legit SS they're going to be a good team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NL is trash.

Might as well compete for a WC.

Mets are an up and coming team too. If they can land a legit SS they're going to be a good team.

the young rotation has soooo much promise. im a huge fan of wheeler

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
big move for LA. team is loaded

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

I do not understand the Dodgers moves. Why trade Dee Gordon and bring Howie Kendrick in? Then basically give away Kemp and pay a lot of his salary for a team in your division. Kemp is a power bat. He had a big second half last year. How in the hell do they give him away while you have two below average players in your outfield along with a guy who is a great talent but has the maturity of a 3 year old.

To me, the Dodgers have lost 30 + home-runs and 110 RBIs and somewhere around 35 stolen bases with their moves and have appreciably weakened their batting order. They also have not improved their pitching depth which cost them last year. I would not be surprised if they don't get beat out by the Giants and the Padre's next year. What the Padres and the White Sox have done this off season will leave both as the most improved teams in their respective leagues.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Hendrick is better than Gordon. Kemp had a nice half, yes, but he breaks down too easily.

They also made room for Joc Pederson.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hendrick is better than Gordon. Kemp had a nice half, yes, but he breaks down too easily.

They also made room for Joc Pederson.

Gordon has a big time upside and Hendrick has reached his and will go down in value. Kemp may not be the 5 tool player he used to be but he will hit and drive in runs for a long long time. The Dodgers will really regret that deal. It made no sense. When you talk about brittle, take a look at of the other two guys in that outfield. Ethier can't hit lefties at all and Crawford is a tin man who is not a power bat. Giving up a middle of the order slugger for nothing is nuts.

I am not a Dodger fan but live in LA and did like Kemp as a player. The Dodgers, in my opinion, are not a well run club. How did they not get anything for Kemp? It is not like that they are stacked line-up wise.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Gordon has a big time upside and Hendrick has reached his and will go down in value. Kemp may not be the 5 tool player he used to be but he will hit and drive in runs for a long long time. The Dodgers will really regret that deal. It made no sense. When you talk about brittle, take a look at of the other two guys in that outfield. Ethier can't hit lefties at all and Crawford is a tin man who is not a power bat.

Gordon really doesn't have that much upside. This is pretty much what were going to get. Not only that, LAD needed room for Arias. This is just a stopgap.

Ethier, and Craw have problems too, but the Dodgers want all three gone.

Giving up a middle of the order slugger for nothing is nuts.

An injury prone middle of the order slugger who is grossly overpaid. And his arthritis in BOTH HIPS.

I am not a Dodger fan but live in LA and did like Kemp as a player. The Dodgers, in my opinion, are not a well run club. How did they not get anything for Kemp? It is not like that they are stacked line-up wise.

I'm pretty sure Freidman and Farhan Zaidi are the best two headed monster in baseball front offices.

The Dodgers sold high on Gordon, got Grandal, got Kendrick, got Rollins. They had to kick in some cash, but they gave up almost nothing.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
James Shields contract demands are expected to be around 5 yrs/$110 mil...good lord.