Gabriel: Ryan Pace is proving to be a worthy General Manager

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Being a General Manager for an NFL franchise is a tough job. Being a General Manager for an NFL franchise in a big media market like Chicago is even tougher. There is always going to be someone questioning just about each and every decision you make.

Ryan Pace has been the General Manager of the Chicago Bears for only two months, and in that time, he has shown that he has what it takes to become successful in the NFL. In that short two month period, he has already made a handful of decisions that could very well shape the future of the Bears and his time in Chicago.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/ryan-pace-is-proving-to-be-a-worthy-general-manager/

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Fox
Marshall
Ray McDonald

Those are all big boy pants decisions that he has made.

Before someone asks, hiring a super established HC with way more pull and a huge resume takes some balls for a 37 year old GM. Phil Emery hired a push over so his coach wouldn't talk back to him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
John Fox
Marshall
Ray McDonald

Those are all big boy pants decisions that he has made.

Before someone asks, hiring a super established HC with way more pull and a huge resume takes some balls for a 37 year old GM. Phil Emery hired a push over so his coach wouldn't talk back to him.

He hired him to fix Cutler.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace will only prove himself worthy as a GM if he drafts well.

That is a great point, he will be defined by what happens in April.

Even when Phil Emery hit a HR [Long] he followed it up with mediocre picks or just plain duds.

I want to see 3-4 contributors from this draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Even when Phil Emery hit a HR [Long] he followed it up with mediocre picks or just plain duds.

Yep, drafting this high I expect an impact player in round 1, a solid starter in round 2, and I want at least one hit in the later rounds.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yep, drafting this high I expect an impact player in round 1, a solid starter in round 2, and I want at least one hit in the later rounds.

I agree, but I think drafting at the top of rd 3 should yield a starter depending upon the position they draft. I can see the Bears getting 3 starters out of this draft and a potential 4th if they hit on someone in rd 4-6.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah yeah yeah... everyone was :cum: about Emery when he first got hired too.

How about this time we actually wait to see some results from the new GM's decision making before crowning his ass...

Liked Posts:
For the love of God, I hope this young man can draft. FA= solid B in my book, but we need young talent in the worst way.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Long is good but a first round guard better be good.

People wrote all the same puff pieces about Phil. I'm reserving judgment till at least after the draft and probably after the season.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good start to his GM job, but it needs to have legs... ie the draft like everyone mentioned. A Stud, a starter and a hit later at a minimum out of this draft.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Pace's free agency. Crossing my fingers for his draft.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Typical writer manufactuing news. Guy has been here 2 months and I havent seen any miracles or earth shattering moves. Yet they babble like he is the second coming of JC