Gabriel: Ryan Pace is proving to be a worthy General Manager

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I really like what Pace has done in FA and hope he has a great draft. Itll be interesting to see if this team can turn things around next season. I really like what im seeing.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Typical writer manufactuing news. Guy has been here 2 months and I havent seen any miracles or earth shattering moves. Yet they babble like he is the second coming of JC

Well I for one, don't believe for one second that he's the second coming of Jay Cutler! Those would be some all-mighty big shoes to fill.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got ourselves a keeper in Pace.... you can just tell the guy has got it...

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
All I see is a team that got worse with the loss of BM. We brought in one guy who looked good playing a part time roll in Balt and then a bunch of one year contract nobody's. So far I see nothing to be excited about. Will we be better yes, because we can't be worse and because we'll be better coached. Now I'm not against our new GM but there is no indication of him being the right guy. We lost our best player for nothing and Cutler has not been moved. I don't see how you guys are grading him great yet because so far he is striking out.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
All I see is a team that got worse with the loss of BM. We brought in one guy who looked good playing a part time roll in Balt and then a bunch of one year contract nobody's. So far I see nothing to be excited about. Will we be better yes, because we can't be worse and because we'll be better coached. Now I'm not against our new GM but there is no indication of him being the right guy. We lost our best player for nothing and Cutler has not been moved. I don't see how you guys are grading him great yet because so far he is striking out.

Oh pipe down, and your avatar is too suggestive for google! Mod Squad?

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I am calling him slow Pace. The only thing I do like is not going crazy with FA and long term contracts. I hope he builds mostly thru the draft. I know he wanted to move Cutler but either nobody was biting or it was a shitty deal. I am not betting that the 2015 Bears are going to be better than last year because to me it looks the same or less. Maybe my faith is going to be on coaching. Oh well Bear down. Hope I get draft tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Oh pipe down, and your avatar is too suggestive for google! Mod Squad?

Not nearly as suggestive as your, Imma fuck tonight! Thread. Just throw a fog machine up in your avi and be done with it.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pace hasn't done anything I'm disappointed with so far. He's assembled what looks to be a strong coaching staff and set himself up for BPA in the draft by signing what seem to be decent FAs to low-risk deals. So far so good. I would say to this point he's made the right moves. If he makes the right draft moves then I'm sold. The rest is out of his hands. The coaches and players need to execute.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The Marshall trade aside I like the approach Pace has taken. He wasn't afraid to spend when he felt he would get a key cog to the new D with McPhee but he has refused to overpay on players who overvalued themselves which has resulted in a lot of value signings recently. Jenkins, McDonald, Foster and Ball can all start and will be playing their best ball on 1 year deals. The Royal and Rolle signings also provide an upgrade at S and slot WR.

The draft will be key in evaluating his year 1 performance but he is off to a good start.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
All I see is a team that got worse with the loss of BM.

Marshall departure might turn out to be a mistake- no question. Still- how much worse can the Bears be? Bears went 5-11 with Marshall, they can go 5-11 without him.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I really like what Pace has done in FA and hope he has a great draft. Itll be interesting to see if this team can turn things around next season. I really like what im seeing.

This is the way to look at it right now. So far he has done pretty good, imo. Sure, we all were excited about Emery, he was an upgrade from what we were used to.... remember Angelo anyone? At least Emery hit on his early round picks and nabbed a pretty good 2nd in Jeffery.

Now Pace looks to be the next step in getting even better. Just look at the patience that the Bears have shown in FA'cy, that's a great sign right there. The Bears have actually signed a bunch of players and have not spent that much money, and they still have some money to spend.

I say nice job so far. Oh, and Kudos to Pace hiring Fox, Gase, and Fangio, all proven veteran coaches, which is a first for the Bears as well! With a change to a 3-4 defense, which will bring back an exciting, attacking defense for the Bears, let's look at the players Pace has signed so far.

McPhee - Likely starter at OLB
McDonald - Veteran 5 tech and likely starter in Fangio's defense at DE
Rolle - Likely starter at much needed Safety position
Royal - Starting slot WR with experience with Gase
Jenkins - run stopping 5 tech DE depth for the new 3-4
Foster - Possible starter and depth at much needed LB position
Ball - Veteran depth at much needed CB position
Ducasse - Veteran T depth
Gafford - Veteran long snapper to replace Mannely

And the bottom line is none of these deals are long term money deals. Pace is allowing the Bears to compete right away while they transition into a completely new defense under an outstanding defensive coordinator in Fangio. I agree, I like what I'm seeing so far as well!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is the way to look at it right now. So far he has done pretty good, imo. Sure, we all were excited about Emery, he was an upgrade from what we were used to.... remember Angelo anyone? At least Emery hit on his early round picks and nabbed a pretty good 2nd in Jeffery.

Now Pace looks to be the next step in getting even better. Just look at the patience that the Bears have shown in FA'cy, that's a great sign right there. The Bears have actually signed a bunch of players and have not spent that much money, and they still have some money to spend.

I say nice job so far. Oh, and Kudos to Pace hiring Fox, Gase, and Fangio, all proven veteran coaches, which is a first for the Bears as well! With a change to a 3-4 defense, which will bring back an exciting, attacking defense for the Bears, let's look at the players Pace has signed so far.

McPhee - Likely starter at OLB
McDonald - Veteran 5 tech and likely starter in Fangio's defense at DE
Rolle - Likely starter at much needed Safety position
Royal - Starting slot WR with experience with Gase
Jenkins - run stopping 5 tech DE depth for the new 3-4
Foster - Possible starter and depth at much needed LB position
Ball - Veteran depth at much needed CB position
Ducasse - Veteran T depth
Gafford - Veteran long snapper to replace Mannely

And the bottom line is none of these deals are long term money deals. Pace is allowing the Bears to compete right away while they transition into a completely new defense under an outstanding defensive coordinator in Fangio. I agree, I like what I'm seeing so far as well!

I too like what I've see so far.... but to reiterate... it doesn't mean shit if he can't draft well. So he'll get an incomplete grade from me until I see draft class or two on the field.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I too like what I've see so far.... but to reiterate... it doesn't mean shit if he can't draft well. So he'll get an incomplete grade from me until I see draft class or two on the field.

Hence "so far". :yep: Pace has really put himself in a position to draft the BPA by his FA signings as well, that's a good sign, imo. I would have sworn he'd draft the best pass rusher, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not even sure we don't nab one of the two best WR's, which I'd never really promote before.

I can see the Bears going a lot of different ways position wise, which is the way it is supposed to be. So again, so far he has done everything right, imo. At this point I wouldn't rule out a QB, OLB, CB, S, WR at #7, but personally, I'd Love to see Williams drop to #7, myself.
My latest thought is.... maybe we do draft Shelton? :dunno: That would give us Rat, Shelton, and McDonald as a 3-4 DL.... not bad. With Ego, Sutton, and Jenkins backing them up.

Allen, Houston and Young would be the hybrid 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB's, and we'd have a slew of 3-4 OLB's including newly acquired McPhee. Not bad? :dunno:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Marshall trade was kind of hard to swallow, at first. But perhaps they thought Marshall and Jeffery were too alike, and will now draft a speedster to line up on the opposite side of Jeffery. Add the locker room/attitude issues with a pretty 'meh' season for him last year, and they felt like he was expendable. /shrug

In Pace we trust? :D

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace will only prove himself worthy as a GM if he drafts well.

Pace will have a better chance at success with his draft picks than Emery did because he's has a proven stock of coaches to coach these kids up and Emery had a bunch of bums.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

eK3hvQl.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a great point, he will be defined by what happens in April.

Even when Phil Emery hit a HR [Long] he followed it up with mediocre picks or just plain duds.

I want to see 3-4 contributors from this draft.

Yep, drafting this high I expect an impact player in round 1, a solid starter in round 2, and I want at least one hit in the later rounds.

Let's be real, Pace needs to have outstanding drafts the next 2-3 years. That's how upside down and backwards this team has become. It's a hard job to be sure, but we're on Pace.

If there are three universal truths in this ever-changing league it's these:

1. Gotta build through the draft.
2. Make the o and d line the strength of the team.
3. Have a great QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Starters Signed

McPhee
Rolle
Royal
Foster
McDonald