Dan Carcillo speaks on real life and real issues

TCD

Liked Posts:
Sometimes its great thing as a fan to put aside all the bullshit and look at hockey players as humans with human emotion and human experiences. Like him as an on ice player or not Dan Carcillo has done something very important here.

We seem to forget that issues like concussions and depression is a newer issue with players and it will take time for the education to get out there for them. Dan must struggle with the issue knowing that he himself has not only had concussions but has also been blamed for causing them. Just imagine having to sort through that while experiencing a friend die as a result of a head injury and depression.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/nhl-daniel-carcillo-steve-montador-video/

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good find TCD, thanks for posting it. I kinda thought something was going on behind the scenes with him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sometimes its great thing as a fan to put aside all the bullshit and look at hockey players as humans with human emotion and human experiences. Like him as an on ice player or not Dan Carcillo has done something very important here.

We seem to forget that issues like concussions and depression is a newer issue with players and it will take time for the education to get out there for them. Dan must struggle with the issue knowing that he himself has not only had concussions but has also been blamed for causing them. Just imagine having to sort through that while experiencing a friend die as a result of a head injury and depression.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/nhl-daniel-carcillo-steve-montador-video/

I think part of the issue of the above bold is just that the conception of them being a new issue is still there when really it's just that the identification of the issues is finally more prevalent. but I think the issues themselves probably go back as far as the sports themselves do, just no one talked about them because of the stigma of mental health. Just getting spotlights on them is a huge first step but only a small part of the battle.

Reactions: TCD

Braeden

canadian
Liked Posts:
Definitely may of shed a tear or 2.

Really sad Monty left so early, he was a great player and a great person.

Reactions: TCD

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Utmost respect for Carcillo to sit in front of a camera and share these thoughts.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I think part of the issue of the above bold is just that the conception of them being a new issue is still there when really it's just that the identification of the issues is finally more prevalent. but I think the issues themselves probably go back as far as the sports themselves do, just no one talked about them because of the stigma of mental health. Just getting spotlights on them is a huge first step but only a small part of the battle.

Well arent we the one for fancy words and clear thought? Maybe next time YOU should start the thread? Huh? huh?

Yah i agree with everything you said.

i know dan didnt wNt to make this video about himself so much as his buddy montadore and his peers. But shit man i feel for dan here. Seems like he went through a pretty dark patch. Addicted to painkillers, getting off the drink ( and hockey is a drinking environment so thats a hard place to fight sobriety i am sure) then watching his buddy slide into a dark place and pass away. Thats a pretty heavy set of things to go through in a short period of time. I like that he mentioned toews and sharp as two guys that have been helping him and it just shows that these players do want to look out for one another. I am sure other guys and people within the hawks org have reached out to help Dan also.

Anyways yah i have been touched by this story and by Dan. Hate that we often needs celebrities and those in the spotlights to shine light on these topics but if thats what it takes then that is what it takes.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
Great article, thanks for posting

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3U8Plspb.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well arent we the one for fancy words and clear thought? Maybe next time YOU should start the thread? Huh? huh?

Yah i agree with everything you said.

i know dan didnt wNt to make this video about himself so much as his buddy montadore and his peers. But shit man i feel for dan here. Seems like he went through a pretty dark patch. Addicted to painkillers, getting off the drink ( and hockey is a drinking environment so thats a hard place to fight sobriety i am sure) then watching his buddy slide into a dark place and pass away. Thats a pretty heavy set of things to go through in a short period of time. I like that he mentioned toews and sharp as two guys that have been helping him and it just shows that these players do want to look out for one another. I am sure other guys and people within the hawks org have reached out to help Dan also.

Anyways yah i have been touched by this story and by Dan. Hate that we often needs celebrities and those in the spotlights to shine light on these topics but if thats what it takes then that is what it takes.

Thanks I think... Hah. But great post. Incredible article.

supraman

Liked Posts:
The NHL and NFL really need to get on this CTE issue. I think the NHL is more progressive on it but neither league is doing enough.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Carcillo done playing?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I havent seen much of him in tge playoffs...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He's been practicing at least, but his likelyhood to play is nill.