Soccer on a baseball field?

giaco

Liked Posts:
I can't stand baseball, I really could give a toss about the cubs--much less their constituents, and I ABHOR that part of town. I certainly don't want to see my beloved Fire play there--but I understand that with our historical roots that the Sting played there, so it would be an homage as well as open a potential new group of fans--but I don't believe those who would go see a game at Wrigley and/or SF would trek out to Bridgeview weekly to watch my team; so I don't see how this would be helpful.

With the media disdain and disinterest in the Fire anyhow, it would only be a blip in the media impression anyhow. "Oh look how quaint, that soccer team we have in town is using the big league's field to play their game in the outfield.....isn't that cute"

truth be told, the idea disgusts me.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I can't stand baseball, I really could give a toss about the cubs--much less their constituents, and I ABHOR that part of town. I certainly don't want to see my beloved Fire play there--but I understand that with our historical roots that the Sting played there, so it would be an homage as well as open a potential new group of fans--but I don't believe those who would go see a game at Wrigley and/or SF would trek out to Bridgeview weekly to watch my team; so I don't see how this would be helpful.

With the media disdain and disinterest in the Fire anyhow, it would only be a blip in the media impression anyhow. "Oh look how quaint, that soccer team we have in town is using the big league's field to play their game in the outfield.....isn't that cute"

truth be told, the idea disgusts me.

I don't think that the media would view it that way at all.

giaco

Liked Posts:
Good. I hope that if they do go ahead with it that I am proven totally wrong.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars