The best part about Hoyer playing within the system...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
is that the Cutty fanboys are pulling out the "Hoyer's not great" phrase.

No kidding?

Who said he was?

He's just playing better football than #6 right now...which was the same case in 2013. Just replace Hoyers name with McCown.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
It's only like 3 guys to be fair, but when I do see it, oh God. Dudes really getting in their feelings over Cutty not realizing(as said earlier), it's not about who is better, but getting similar results at 1/1000th of the cost. He probably could have done that against the Lions, but again big f'in deal. It's the Loins.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler is gon come back and play an OK game and then its gon be really funny around here.

Urblock will probably fuckin ruin it tho

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
But can't win the Bears games, come up clutch in the 4th like 6 has shown time and time again.

Keep trying.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But can't win the Bears games, come up clutch in the 4th like 6 has shown time and time again.

Keep trying.
Don't need to come from behind in the 4th, if you aren't trailing due to pick6's and fumbles, tho.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The worst part: With Hoyer playing QB we'll actually win games and lose our best opportunity at the #1 pick in the draft.

Hurry up and get better Jay so we can go back to watching you rifle balls into the dirt and throwing INTs, leading us to that #1 pick the Jay Cutler way!!!!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The worst part: With Hoyer playing QB we'll actually win games and lose our best opportunity at the #1 pick in the draft.

Hurry up and get better Jay so we can go back to watching you rifle balls into the dirt and throwing INTs, leading us to that #1 pick the Jay Cutler way!!!!

Agreed, rather go down with the sinking ship. Hope Jay plays this week.

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
is that the Cutty fanboys are pulling out the "Hoyer's not great" phrase.

No kidding?

Who said he was?

He's just playing better football than #6 right now...which was the same case in 2013. Just replace Hoyers name with McCown.
This gets me as well. Certain posters (well, ONE poster really) keeps saying that Hoyer can't be playing better than Cutler because Hoyer is a backup at best - not realizing that those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I thought the best part was the team looked pretty decent and they came away with a win. Far better than the first three games.

But dont let that get in the way of your dick measuring contest.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Keep trying.

Hoyer: 28 games started, 16-12 record (4 games above .500), 6 4th Quarter Game winning drives. That's 1 game winning drive for every 4.6 starts.

Jay: 136 Game started, 67-69 record (2 games below .500), 21 4th Quarter GWD. That's 1 GWD for every 6.5 starts.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Keep trying.

Keep trying.

Hoyer: 28 games started, 16-12 record (4 games above .500), 6 4th Quarter Game winning drives. That's 1 game winning drive for every 4.6 starts.

Jay: 136 Game started, 67-69 record (2 games below .500), 21 4th Quarter GWD. That's 1 GWD for every 6.5 starts.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

True. With Hoyer there is a chance to win meaningless games. With Cutler there is a chance at the top pick. Get healthy Jay because as long 2 is out there the Bears will go toe to toe with any team.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
While I still don't think Hoyer is a better QB than Cutler, bottom line is that Cutler isn't worth 13 million dollars more a year than Hoyer.

So, at a minimum, Hoyer + 13 Million > Cutler.

Hoyer looked like shit against Dallas, and got all of his stats during prevent in mop-up time.

But as a long time Cutler supporter, I am done. There was something about that last INT that he threw vs. Philly, then I knew I was officially done.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the best part was the team looked pretty decent and they came away with a win. Far better than the first three games.

But dont let that get in the way of your dick measuring contest.

The Bears suck and we are bored. wtf do you want from us?

Liked Posts:
I love Jay, I have always loved and defended Jay but I can't see how you can take Hoyer out while he's playing this well and turnover free. Sorry #6, my loyalty is to the team...you're going to have to sit.