onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This is one pick that Pace hit a home run on...I'm just hoping that his running style doesn't break his body down early.

Was nice to see him run it down the Vikings throats when Zimm's D was called to stop the run.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He has an awesome combo of vision to see a hole and power to get through it and carry defenders for extra yardage.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He has the potential to be very good. He's solid at this point and the 2nd best back out of the draft class.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is one pick that Pace hit a home run on...I'm just hoping that his running style doesn't break his body down early.

Was nice to see him run it down the Vikings throats when Zimm's D was called to stop the run.

Looks like Pace's best pick so far. I have the exact sediment, can his running style sustain?

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
What seems like a loss of 2 turns out to be at least a 3 yard run. He's just always moving, following blocks and being patient. Unlike Carey who runs a 4.4 into the linemans asses. I was so tired of seeing them trot Langford and Carey out there in the 1st half.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
He has the patience and vision of a 5 year vet. I love the way he finishes runs. I would have loved to have Elliott, but to get Howard in the 5th is probably the bargain of the draft, except for Prescott.

AussieBear

hes not bad for a fat slow guy... quick fat feet... good fat eyes.. some good fat power...

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
VERY fun to watch and fits my meathead mental vision of a "Bearz" running back. His running style does concern me health-wise so I'd hope they keep rotating backs with him.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
He's a slow back but his vision and power more than makes up for his speed. He also seems to be getting more comfortable with the passing game. How are his pass blocking skills?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He has the potential to be very good. He's solid at this point and the 2nd best back out of the draft class.

He has way less carries than Elliott and breaks a lot more tackles than Elliott. We will see how the year finishes out but number one back in this years draft class is not out of the question. Howard just ran for 150+ yards with two pro bowl guards missing.

Madden

Liked Posts:
hes just so goddamn slow.

How often do RB's really get up to top speed though? Like 3-4 times a game maybe?

I'll take a consistent 5 yards as opposed to someone who may break one yet gets tackled behind the LOS a lot, putting the offense in lots of 3rd and longs. Runs for a loss just totally kill drives and make it totally predictable that you will pass the next down.

Early in the year when Langford was the starter, he didn't get shit or had negative yards too much. It put too much pressure on the QB to sling a 15 yard pass on 3rd down - while the Defense knew exactly what was coming. Gotta be able to stay unpredictable at all times. 2nd and 5? That opens up the entire playbook.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Remind anyone of C.J Anderson?

I think it's a good comp for him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was pissed when they handed him the ball right after the 69 yard gain. They can call the game a bit better for him.

It's amazing how the D cannot stop him.