3 Bears rookies on All Rookie Team NFL.com

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000784705/2016-allrookie-team

Running back: Jordan Howard, Chicago Bears
Draft position: Round 5, No. 150 overall.

Howard racked up 5.2 yards per carry -- and 2.2 yards per carry after contact. His accomplishment -- rushing for 1,313 yards and six touchdowns -- stands out even more given that he didn't make his first start until Week 4 and played for a team that didn't really get much production out of the quarterback spot.

Center: Cody Whitehair, Chicago Bears
Draft position: Round 2, No. 56 overall.

Whitehair started all 16 games as a center after being a college tackle and guard, and he was called for three holds and allowed one sack. He should be a fixture on the Bears' line for years to come.

Linebacker: Leonard Floyd, Chicago Bears
Draft position: Round 1, No. 9 overall.

Floyd was hampered by injuries, including a pair of concussions, but he still managed to put up seven sacks in 12 games. I think he's going to develop into a very good pass rusher for Chicago.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
A great draft class from Pace.

Jury is still out on a few players in the secondary. Overall from the past two drafts, Pace has drafted 4 players who have shown to be above average NFL players - Eddie Goldman (when he is healthy), Leonard Floyd, Cody Whitehair and Jordan Howard. Jury is still out on a few guys but that's not a bad 2 years of drafting.

I think Whitehair and Howard have the ability to be elite at their positions. Floyd still has a bit more to improve before I put him in that category.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

Jury is still out on a few players in the secondary. Overall from the past two drafts, Pace has drafted 4 players who have shown to be above average NFL players - Eddie Goldman (when he is healthy), Leonard Floyd, Cody Whitehair and Jordan Howard. Jury is still out on a few guys but that's not a bad 2 years of drafting.

I think Whitehair and Howard have the ability to be elite at their positions. Floyd still has a bit more to improve before I put him in that category.

If healthy I think Floyd is a 10+ sack guy a year. I'm hoping Hall is healthy and is working on his playbook and technique this off season because with his length and ball skills he has potential to be a good player at a position of need.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Agreed, great draft class. I like to see two starters and two or three role players out of a draft to call it a good draft. If any of them are studs, that bumps it up to a great draft.

Howard is a stud, Whitehair looks like he will be a stud, and Floyd has the athleticism to be a game changer if he can stay healthy and keep improving. Pace knocked last year's draft out of the park.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

4 out of 15 isn't breathtaking and you can also say Goldman maybe a 1 year wonder considering he did nothing last year due to injuries. The 2015 draft class is putrid. The 2016 draft class has been great till round 4

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
Pace was late getting signed as our gm and was unable to implement his scouting style and grading techniques so he went with what the scouts had already been working on. Pace was able to put in his grading system for scouting in 2016 and the results from year one to two are there for you to see.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Pace essentially wasn't doing anything when he was with the Saints? Frightening.

latest

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Floyd's fragile brane worries me, but yes, good class. The lack of a QB keeps me from getting too excited.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace was late getting signed as our gm and was unable to implement his scouting style and grading techniques so he went with what the scouts had already been working on. Pace was able to put in his grading system for scouting in 2016 and the results from year one to two are there for you to see.

Wait...What?!?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
At these selections make sense. Unlike the Amos selection last year.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
4 out of 15 isn't breathtaking and you can also say Goldman maybe a 1 year wonder considering he did nothing last year due to injuries. The 2015 draft class is putrid. The 2016 draft class has been great till round 4

You can't win them all. No GM does, especially in his first year in the job. The 2015 class doesn't look great and for the most part that has been due to injuries to pretty much all of them.

The 2016 class is shaping up to be great. I forgot about Kwiatowski who looks like he could be a starter at some point.

Pace's drafting at this point is ths least of my concerns about this point because most recent history shows, the man can draft.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
This actually happened, it was discussed in an interview when he was first hired, that he would keep the system the scouts had been using throughout the year since it was so late in the process and he would implement his system once that draft was over.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You can't win them all. No GM does, especially in his first year in the job. The 2015 class doesn't look great and for the most part that has been due to injuries to pretty much all of them.

The 2016 class is shaping up to be great. I forgot about Kwiatowski who looks like he could be a starter at some point.

Pace's drafting at this point is ths least of my concerns about this point because most recent history shows, the man can draft.

Even if kwiatkowski only is good depth, that is still a solid pick. Quality depth is needed to challenge for Superbowls consistently, and finding those guys with mid and late round picks means you are getting good value.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Even if kwiatkowski only is good depth, that is still a solid pick. Quality depth is needed to challenge for Superbowls consistently, and finding those guys with mid and late round picks means you are getting good value.

And with Trevathan hurt it looks like Kwiatowski will start for OTA, minicamp and TC.

DeAndre Houston-Carson is also a dark horse for me, he has the physical make up and college production and the reported work ethic to take a big jump next year.

And if Bullard can get his ass in gear and become at least serviceable as part of the rotation that would be a huge help.

Also Braverman had surgery a few weeks ago for an undisclosed injury

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Solid draft by Pace. If he can put together a nice offseason and pair that with another 3 rookies like Whitehair, Howard and Floyd we may be in business to at least complete for the playoffs. That's assuming he can find a competent QB.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, I thought the draft was a bust?