Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really Mick, there would have been Cunting regardless of the pick, you know it.

I'm sure. It's the degree that's surprised me. Far more extreme than I expected. I mean, this is the kind of reaction I would expect if they had given up multiple first round picks to move up for Lattimore.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

I don't think the players he is drafting is why they are busts. It's mostly about the culture within the Bears' organization. That's what has needed changing for a long time. Look at the Browns, they have had more 1st round picks than any team in the last 20 years, and they still stink. Bears have had a very difficult time DEVELOPING players. Identifying players that fit their system, etc. What that means is they lack stability up and down line management. Also the fanbase that will jump ship the moment things get tough isn't helping. They need continuity not firing coaches and changing regimes every 3 years. What drafting Trubisky means is a change in culture has occurred. This means Pace's visions will be in place for at least another 3 seasons, which is the best thing that could happen to the Bears right now. Will the Bears suck next year? I'm pretty sure about that. Do things look like they can actually change going forward? Yes. Will that happen? Who knows. I'd rather have the chance of being better instead of knowing they won't be if the status quo remained in place.

Reactions: Myk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm sure. It's the degree that's surprised me. Far more extreme than I expected. I mean, this is the kind of reaction I would expect if they had given up multiple first round picks to move up for Lattimore.

If they would've went defense at all after that trade, I would've lost my fucking mind.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't think the players he is drafting is why they are busts. It's mostly about the culture within the Bears' organization. That's what has needed changing for a long time. Look at the Browns, they have had more 1st round picks than any team in the last 20 years, and they still stink. Bears have had a very difficult time DEVELOPING players. Identifying players that fit their system, etc. What that means is they lack stability up and down line management. Also the fanbase that will jump ship the moment things get tough isn't helping. They need continuity not firing coaches and changing regimes every 3 years. What drafting Trubisky means is a change in culture has occurred. This means Pace's visions will be in place for at least another 3 seasons, which is the best thing that could happen to the Bears right now. Will the Bears suck next year? I'm pretty sure about that. Do things look like they can actually change going forward? Yes. Will that happen? Who knows. I'd rather have the chance of being better instead of knowing they won't be if the status quo remained in place.

You know, the bold has happened once in their franchise history.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Me too. I was about ready to implode if it had been Thomas.

I was steaming when they were guessing Thomas. Pretty much any position other QB and I would've probably stopped watching until Pace was fired.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was steaming when they were guessing Thomas. Pretty much any position other QB and I would've probably stopped watching until Pace was fired.

Yeah, I am very positive on Thomas and felt the same way. To top it off, those jackasses on TV thought it was great that we traded up for what they thought was Thomas, lol.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Hahaha I here ya. Take into account that the majority stirring the pot are known troll accounts. It's not as bad as it seems IMO.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah, I am very positive on Thomas and felt the same way. To top it off, those jackasses on TV thought it was great that we traded up for what they thought was Thomas, lol.

Yeah...and then they were all stunned because we have Mike Glennon...LOL!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
a 13 game starter in college who lost to Duke and NC State is now being called a "Franchise" QB folks. This is how low the bar has become after 9 seasons with Jay Cutler.

Most #2 picks that are QBs are often referred to as that.

Nothing groundbreaking here.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahaha I here ya. Take into account that the majority stirring the pot are known troll accounts. It's not as bad as it seems IMO.

Listen to the reactions media are getting on twitter, poll results, etc... And it certainly looks like the majority of bears fans hate this move. Maybe those that hate it are more likely to speak up, but I'm just seeing much more negativity. I personally like the draft pick. Personally, I would have liked it more if the bears traded back and got watson, but Pace got the qb he wanted and I can't be mad about that.

hello

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with the Bears getting a QB, just don't think they took the right one

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
I always thought the Bears would go QB in the first once they signed Sanchez. I was surprised at the trade-up but have come to terms with it. The entire QB plan could turn into a windfall if Glennon plays well this year. Can be trade bait next year or the year after. Could easily makeup the picks we lost this year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I don't think there's a continuity problem. That's what we heard about at QB with "Rex is our QB" and it didn't solve anything.
I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of Papa Bear football bible that you must read and adhere to. To a football geek it probably leaves you "I've just been in the mind of a genius" when in reality it's ancient history that doesn't apply to today's game.
There has to be a reason why from coaching staff to coaching staff we are always making the same glaring mistakes other teams aren't doing.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night, Ryan Pace delivered a Death Sentence to the Chicago Bears organization. After a catastrophic FA failure, he followed it up with an even more catastrophic opening draft night -- leaving us a shell of a franchise that may not recover for multiple decades.

Oh, settle down. First, I think you're wrong. But even if you're right, multiple decades = at least 20 years. The team plane could crash into a mountain and they'd be SB contenders in much less time than that.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Bears franchise has been in a zombie like state since the late 80's. Yesterday- Pace chopped off that zombie's head. I am excited to watch Trubisky develop. Maybe he flames out- maybe not- but yesterday was a much needed step in the right direction. A couple of middle round draft picks aren't going to determine the course of this franchise for the next decade. Trubisky, on the other hand, just might.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm still in disbelief. I've been a Bears since 1968 and I've never been this disgusted.

We are discussing a franchise that has never had a QB put up 4000 yards or 30 tds. The bears are the only team in the league to have that dubious honor.

I have been disgusted for years at the anemic offensive product put out on the field. I welcome any attempt to rectify that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, settle down. First, I think you're wrong. But even if you're right, multiple decades = at least 20 years. The team plane could crash into a mountain and they'd be SB contenders in much less time than that.

that might accelerate the process...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

We currently have gaping holes at WR, TE, RT, LT, IBL, FS, SS, DL and CB. Pace gave up the 3rd overall pick, two 3rd rounders and 4th rounder to move up ONE SPOT to draft a seriously flawed QB with virtually no game tape. Our chances of addressing any of our gaping holes with legitimate young talent just went out the window. Even if he trades the 2nd round pick to move back a bit - what's he going to get? Another 4th rounder? Whoop Dee Doo!

He drafted Kevin White 7th overall (BUST), Erroneous Grasu with in the 3rd round (BUST), four busts in the 4th round of last years draft a lone (all over Dak), signed Pernell McPee (BUST), Eddie Royal (BUST), Antrelle Rolle (BUST), and a 40 year old safety this off-season (BUST). And now instead of using our picks to fill the numerous holes all across the board-- he traded every thing to get a QB that even if he is good -- will have nothing around him.

[video=youtube;Wllc5gSc-N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8&t=7s[/video]