Adam Shaheen Scouting Report

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I'm so livid, I seriously might pass out. I'm mass producing Ryan Pace voodoo dolls and headed down to Lake Forest to sell them for $5/pop.

He literally is worse than Emery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let me help you...
pushing_someone_to_the_edge_md_wm.jpg

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the vid - posted on YT on 4/8 btw. Dude likes him better than Even Engram. Like Marty B with normal brain. Had no idea about him due to small school late bloomer, but does show as 5.8 grade. Wanted a Safety, but we know Pace likes the super high athletic ceiling guys, even if unknown or raw. Interesting to see how this plays out.

6'6", 278 (about same as Miles Garrett)
4.7 - 40 time

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/adam-shaheen?id=2558144...

OVERVIEW
Talk about a Cinderella story. Shaheen was an all-conference pick in basketball and football in Galena, Ohio, and signed with Division II Pittsburgh-Johnstown to play hoops (5.5 pts, 3.1 reb per game in 2013-2014). He then transferred to Ashland to play football, which turned out to be the right move. Shaheen caught two passes for 85 yards as the team's No. 3 tight end in 2014. He then took over the starting job the next year, catching 70 passes (for 803 yards and 10 TDs), a Division II record for tight ends. The two-time AFCA All-American and first-team All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference pick had another great year in 2016, setting a school record with 16 touchdowns among his 57 receptions for 867 yards.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Enormous frame for a tight end. Powerfully built, well-proportioned frame. Accomplished high school hooper who brings the same footwork to the field. Has good sink into breaks and can make sharp cuts coming out. Has foot quickness for clever stutter-and-go double moves to uncover against linebackers. Above average speed and acceleration for his size. Creates leverage points against man coverage before breaking his routes off and pulling away. Moved all over the field. Was isolated for fade routes near endzone. Plus hand-eye coordination and shows ability to alter body positioning to improve catch-odds while ball-tracking.Trusted in pass protection. Sees twists and blitzes and responds to them. Needs work as run blocker but has desired frame of a Y-tight end.

WEAKNESSES Physically overwhelmed a lower level of competition. Upper body is stiff and mechanical in his routes. Hasn't learned how to utilize hands to free himself against press. Gets jammed up in his release and can be knocked off the timing of his patterns. Will need to learn to adjust in space in order to maneuver past traffic. In need of his fair share of technique work as a run blocker. Ducks head into initial contact. Finds himself lunging and chasing when asked to climb to second level.

SOURCES TELL US "I watched him for two games and turned the tape off because I want to see him live in Indy before I develop any more of an opinion of him. I saw some things that has me very excited." - AFC pro personnel director

NFL COMPARISON Vance McDonald

BOTTOM LINE
Big, fast and athletic, Shaheen will immediately interest teams who are looking for size and traits. He's a poorer blocker than what might be expected for a player with his frame, but he's also a much more dangerous pass catching target. The jump in competition will be substantial and teams will expect him to become a more consistent blocker, but he's a pass catching tight end in a Y-tight end's body. Shaheen has starting potential with an ability to impact a passing game early in his career.
-Lance Zierlein

Maybe get him to play some pass eligible OT? :smug2:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the vid - posted on YT on 4/8 btw. Dude likes him better than Even Engram. Like Marty B with normal brain. Had no idea about him due to small school late bloomer, but does show as 5.8 grade. Wanted a Safety, but we know Pace likes the super high athletic ceiling guys, even if unknown or raw. Interesting to see how this plays out.

6'6", 278 (about same as Miles Garrett)
4.7 - 40 time

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/adam-shaheen?id=2558144

"OVERVIEW
Talk about a Cinderella story. Shaheen was an all-conference pick in basketball and football in Galena, Ohio, and signed with Division II Pittsburgh-Johnstown to play hoops (5.5 pts, 3.1 reb per game in 2013-2014). He then transferred to Ashland to play football, which turned out to be the right move. Shaheen caught two passes for 85 yards as the team's No. 3 tight end in 2014. He then took over the starting job the next year, catching 70 passes (for 803 yards and 10 TDs), a Division II record for tight ends. The two-time AFCA All-American and first-team All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference pick had another great year in 2016, setting a school record with 16 touchdowns among his 57 receptions for 867 yards.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Enormous frame for a tight end. Powerfully built, well-proportioned frame. Accomplished high school hooper who brings the same footwork to the field. Has good sink into breaks and can make sharp cuts coming out. Has foot quickness for clever stutter-and-go double moves to uncover against linebackers. Above average speed and acceleration for his size. Creates leverage points against man coverage before breaking his routes off and pulling away. Moved all over the field. Was isolated for fade routes near endzone. Plus hand-eye coordination and shows ability to alter body positioning to improve catch-odds while ball-tracking.Trusted in pass protection. Sees twists and blitzes and responds to them. Needs work as run blocker but has desired frame of a Y-tight end.

WEAKNESSES Physically overwhelmed a lower level of competition. Upper body is stiff and mechanical in his routes. Hasn't learned how to utilize hands to free himself against press. Gets jammed up in his release and can be knocked off the timing of his patterns. Will need to learn to adjust in space in order to maneuver past traffic. In need of his fair share of technique work as a run blocker. Ducks head into initial contact. Finds himself lunging and chasing when asked to climb to second level.

SOURCES TELL US "I watched him for two games and turned the tape off because I want to see him live in Indy before I develop any more of an opinion of him. I saw some things that has me very excited." - AFC pro personnel director

NFL COMPARISON Vance McDonald

BOTTOM LINE
Big, fast and athletic, Shaheen will immediately interest teams who are looking for size and traits. He's a poorer blocker than what might be expected for a player with his frame, but he's also a much more dangerous pass catching target. The jump in competition will be substantial and teams will expect him to become a more consistent blocker, but he's a pass catching tight end in a Y-tight end's body. Shaheen has starting potential with an ability to impact a passing game early in his career.
-Lance Zierlein"

Maybe get him to play some pass elligible OT? :smug2:

the dude is a mack truck...if he can run competent routes with decent hands it'll be worth it.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Bears needed playmakers on offense......

Yep, we sure do. Wonder whether we'll end up keeping Daniel Brown and Zach Miller? Sims and Shaheen are obviously locks to make the roster and it would be somewhat unusual to have four TEs especially if none of them are STers.

Pace has certainly gone all in on the future with his first two picks. I like the commitment to a strategy but it is very risky.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was not sure about this guy when I heard the pick and I'm still skeptical, but looks like it wasn't a bad one. I still would have rather had a DB. I know Pace went DB heavy in FA, but throwing 4th rounders and FA's at your secondary isn't a great plan in a passing league. They are going to get torched this year.

Last edited:

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care where he was projected, this pick sucks. With players like Obi and JuJu still on the board... this feels like a total waste of Bears last premium pick in this stocked front half draft.

I know now I feel like all the peeps who were ripping their dicks off last night about this time, but damit....what the hell is it with the Bears GMs.

This feels like Angelo or Emery all over again trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else.....

Meanwhile Reggie McKenzie and Chris Ballard over here hitting their drafts out of the park.... so frustrating

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
He's the opposite of Kellen Davis can catch but can't block

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am a proponent of getting a receiving option with a high pick in the same year that you get a QB. Let them grow together.

The fact that this is a big TE is great for that strategy. He is hard to miss and is fairly athletic for his size (dont let the 40 time fool you). He will be good in the red zone, as a safety blanket, and on those 10-20 yard passes down the middle. He has the size and strength to be a beast in the running game. What more could you want out of a second rounder?

He's not a good blocker and lacks power. I am not down on this pick, but he is absolutely not a beast in the running game in any way.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care where he was projected, this pick sucks. With players like Obi and JuJu still on the board... this feels like a total waste of Bears last premium pick in this stocked front half draft.

I know now I feel like all the peeps who were ripping their dicks off last night about this time, but damit....what the hell is it with the Bears GMs.

This feels like Angelo or Emery all over again trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else.....

Meanwhile Reggie McKenzie and Chris Ballard over here hitting their drafts out of the park.... so frustrating

all this shit is on paper right now.....it won't matter until they line up and play...

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all this shit is on paper right now.....it won't matter until they line up and play...

I know man, I would be happy as hell to be wrong...but dam this one don't feel right. Hope I am wrong

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

JuJu would have made me happy.

mrc23

Liked Posts:
He's not a good blocker and lacks power. I am not down on this pick, but he is absolutely not a beast in the running game in any way.

He had the most bench press reps for TEs at the combine. He doesn't lack power, and I'm sure he can improve his blocking technique with coaching.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I'm so livid, I seriously might pass out. I'm mass producing Ryan Pace voodoo dolls and headed down to Lake Forest to sell them for $5/pop.

He literally is worse than Emery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is fucking terrible man. People are actually talking themselves into liking the idiotic shit he's doing lol.

We need players in the fucking secondary other than the scrap heap guys he signed in FA.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, we sure do. Wonder whether we'll end up keeping Daniel Brown and Zach Miller? Sims and Shaheen are obviously locks to make the roster and it would be somewhat unusual to have four TEs especially if none of them are STers.

Pace has certainly gone all in on the future with his first two picks. I like the commitment to a strategy but it is very risky.

I really have to assume that Pace is COUNTING on surviving his 5 year contract and expects a LOT more Ws this year & beyond. He's surely setting up for the long game with picks like these.

I'm on board Pace Express so long as there's some clear improvement in the Wins column...AND FAST!!! Kudos for sticking to his gun regardless, but Fans are growing extremely restless!

------------------
reposting because it was hidden in another link earlier in this thread. Wow - these dudes in Dallas are wild for him Shaheen, apparently 5+ teams were also.

[video=youtube;Dhs9DVQ5o4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhs9DVQ5o4Q[/video]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know man, I would be happy as hell to be wrong...but dam this one don't feel right. Hope I am wrong

this isn't a big of reach as you think....route running and catching translate at any level and don't rely as much on the competition as say an olineman or DE or even a CB.

he was projected in the second and coveted by Denver and Dallas