Adam Shaheen Scouting Report

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I don't care where he was projected, this pick sucks. With players like Obi and JuJu still on the board... this feels like a total waste of Bears last premium pick in this stocked front half draft.

I know now I feel like all the peeps who were ripping their dicks off last night about this time, but damit....what the hell is it with the Bears GMs.

This feels like Angelo or Emery all over again trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else.....

Meanwhile Reggie McKenzie and Chris Ballard over here hitting their drafts out of the park.... so frustrating
This x 10000

Guy is fucking clueless. We need a fucking safety and have passed on every single one.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
This is a so so pick for me, he had a round 2 grade on him and still has a lot of upside, he needs a pro nutrition and strength program because he looks like he carries some unwanted weight. But he plays with good athletic ability and a lot of toughness and reports are he is a very hard worker.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, we sure do. Wonder whether we'll end up keeping Daniel Brown and Zach Miller? Sims and Shaheen are obviously locks to make the roster and it would be somewhat unusual to have four TEs especially if none of them are STers.

Pace has certainly gone all in on the future with his first two picks. I like the commitment to a strategy but it is very risky.

Might there be more 2 TE sets coming?

Without clear WR dominance, ground & pound with Howard & 2 high end receiving TEs could be gold for an average-at-worst QB in Glennon or Mitch in training.

Reactions: WCL

dayn44

Liked Posts:
Did someone say the bears drafted ed sheeran.oh wrong spelling!!!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Without clear WR dominance, ground & pound with Howard & 2 high end receiving TEs could be gold for an average-at-worst QB in Glennon or Mitch in training.

Quite possibly.

Pace has really gone all in. I remember someone saying before the draft that if he went QB, he should go OT and TE/WR with the next two picks and show a clear vision for a change. But I'm staggered to see it actually happening! I'm a little bit in shock I think.

If they get Davenport in the fourth I will stand up and applaud the balls he's showing!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i wasnt very familiar with the TEs after the top 3 or so, but i felt that if a legit TE prospect was on the board in the 2nd it would be a solid pick imo, so ive watched a little on this kid, and he definitely seems to play faster than his 4.8 40. besides for a TE of that size i really dont give a shit about a 40 time.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I think so. Glennon loves to throw to TE's as well, and is really good at the play action. The Bears now have two really big TE's for the two TE set that can both catch the ball well. Oh yeah, and Howard pounding the rock.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaheen will not redshirt...he will see significant minutes

It's gonna take this kid a lot of time to adjust to the speed of pro game. His tape from last year looks like he's playing the in high school. I'm sure he's got great upside, but I think Pace is getting a little cute with his picks. Hopefully he turns out good, but not a chance this guy is remotely ready to play.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I think Miller is the odd man out. Injury prone, old, easy to cut, etc.

You have Sims, who specializes in blocking and pitches in some yards here and there. Shaheen will be a freight train down the middle of the field. Brown can line up wide more often for mismatches. The offense is going to have several weapons to tinker with. Should be a fun year.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;vDJLRgh2vp4]https://youtu.be/vDJLRgh2vp4[/video]

of all the impressive plays he makes in this video, i like the one at 2:32. a man that size running routes that put a defender on the ground is impressive. d2 or not.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I don't care where he was projected, this pick sucks. With players like Obi and JuJu still on the board... this feels like a total waste of Bears last premium pick in this stocked front half draft.

I know now I feel like all the peeps who were ripping their dicks off last night about this time, but damit....what the hell is it with the Bears GMs.

This feels like Angelo or Emery all over again trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else.....

Meanwhile Reggie McKenzie and Chris Ballard over here hitting their drafts out of the park.... so frustrating
Completely agree, Obi should have been a lock at this pick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;vDJLRgh2vp4]https://youtu.be/vDJLRgh2vp4[/video]

of all the impressive plays he makes in this video, i like the one at 2:32. a man that size running routes that put a defender on the ground is impressive. d2 or not.

its the guys speed and hands....

that goes anywhere

a football is the same in D2 as it is in the NFL

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quite possibly.

Pace has really gone all in. I remember someone saying before the draft that if he went QB, he should go OT and TE/WR with the next two picks and show a clear vision for a change. But I'm staggered to see it actually happening! I'm a little bit in shock I think.

If they get Davenport in the fourth I will stand up and applaud the balls he's showing!

Same here. Def. not holding back in going for guys that PACE sees as having the biggest potential impact overall - not necc. right away. Def. playing the long game hard.

Thanks - Davenport looks like a solid upside pick with potential to be there in 4th. I'd be okay with this pick, but sounds to be another project with upside. 3 OFFENSE Projects in a defensive heavy draft will piss off some meatballs for sure!! Let em sweat spaghetti til August. CCS will become a cesspool of hate & bitchery...especially if Bears start off hardest part of schedule 1-3. 2-2 would be pretty good really.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/julien-davenport?id=2557963

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This draft has been a total shit show. Unless Trub and Shaheen turn into pro bowl players.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He's not a good blocker and lacks power. I am not down on this pick, but he is absolutely not a beast in the running game in any way.

He is quite strong, but that part of my post was all about how he is already a good receiving option and has the traits to grow into a good running down TE.

Now if we can get Brian Hill on day 3 that would be my dream come true.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
From Shaheen's pro day:

Shaheen (6-6, 278) stood on all of his numbers at the combine, but was put through a brisk workout that had everyone talking. So much so, he left his pro day with private workouts set up with six teams: Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Philadelphia, Dallas and Tennessee.

The tight end class is one of the deepest we've seen in years, but I think Friday morning of draft week -- the day after Round 1 ends -- there will be teams vying to get near the top of Round 2 to take this tight end.

So how did Shaheen end up at Ashland and not down the road at Ohio State or some other big-time football program? He told me at the combine that he weighed 210 pounds out of high school and went to college to play basketball. When his father reminded him that there were exactly zero 6-foot-6, back-to-the basket forwards in the NBA, he switched sports and went to the closest school to his home.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Shaheen's pro day:

Shaheen (6-6, 278) stood on all of his numbers at the combine, but was put through a brisk workout that had everyone talking. So much so, he left his pro day with private workouts set up with six teams: Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Philadelphia, Dallas and Tennessee.

The tight end class is one of the deepest we've seen in years, but I think Friday morning of draft week -- the day after Round 1 ends -- there will be teams vying to get near the top of Round 2 to take this tight end.

So how did Shaheen end up at Ashland and not down the road at Ohio State or some other big-time football program? He told me at the combine that he weighed 210 pounds out of high school and went to college to play basketball. When his father reminded him that there were exactly zero 6-foot-6, back-to-the basket forwards in the NBA, he switched sports and went to the closest school to his home.

smart dad